Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Here are some pics...

Nice 5D MK III you have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Think we need two stellar names that slips straight into the team

Anything else is cover I would be happy with two class players been honest

Two real good players would be great but we need cover too in other areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone thinking that Suarez alone will make us challenge for the title needs to get out in the fresh air. We need 4/5 players to compete. We are lacking in several areas. Keeper cover, CD, LB (how long before Gibbs is out again?), DM, good left winger and maybe R Back too.

We already have two very good left backs, plus Vermaelen can play there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GKs: Szczensy, Fabianski
    RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
    LB: Monreal, Gibbs
    CB: Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscienly
    CM: Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey, Diaby
    Wings: Walcott, Ox, Podolski, Miyaichi
    CAM: Cazorla, Rosicky
    Striker: Giroud, Sanogo

That's crazy light, gotta be 3/4 signings minimum now that Gervinho and Miquel are gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Two real good players would be great but we need cover too in other areas.

If we signed 2 starters, they will be taking somebody's place, so whoevers place they take would become cover

I don't think we need too much but the more we sign the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

arsenal fans believe that they are going to challenge for the league this season but is that the old "maybe next year" phrase that liverpool fans have been so fond of in times of old

- arsenal finished in the top 4 just about for the last 3 years(nowhere near a title challenge)

- arsenal have made one addition which is a really good young striker but one that is quiet injury prone which is why he was released by his club. i think that he will be class though if he can get over his problems

- the only other changes have been losing alot of fringe players
    while getting rid of the likes of Arshavin and Squillaci and then the likes of gervinho chamake and park it is alot of senior players to lose and not replace. even if they are not first team starters every week it is alot that would usually fill a match day bench.

then there is the whole "does suarez want to go to arsenal"

the following statement is not word for word but im sure youll either agree its correct or youll get the actual qoute an d prove its correct. suarez's reps stated after the initial bid that "its flattering that there is interest from clubs like arsenal after all the things that he has been through in his time in england" by this could it simply mean that he is happy that clubs in england are still interested in him??

suarez wants to win trophies but the facts are simple

during his time in england liverpool have competed in 2 finals winning 1. arsenal have finished 3rd and 4th in the league and despite what weneger tells you it means liverpool have won more trophies in that time. hell if you want we can go back to the last time arsenal actaully won anything and see what liverpool have been doing in that same time. so is moving to arsenal really a step up?? or at least a BIG step up??

wenger has stated that arsenal have not signed anyone yet but they will. he has also said that all the teams he is competing with have also not signed anyone.................................... of course he forgot spurs, city and chelsea

then last but not least we have the question of arsenal courting suarez

where arsenal in the wrong or is rodgers telling porkies??

facts

- it was reported during the season that suarez had a release clause. first it was reported that his clause was as little as £35M, then at the end of teh year it was reported figures such as €35M $35M €40M $40M(teh usual tabloid crap covering all teh basis) and so on. figures all around the same number with different currencies. it sounded like a strong rumour with slight interpetations but a rumour is still a rumour and it was all paper talk

- arsenal made a low ball offer. it was reported that it was 30 million. which is the natural thing to do when trying to buy someone. you dont do an "andy carroll" on it and offer the biggest number you can. its a bid after all and not a guess the number raffle. there is nothing wrong with arsenals first bid.

- the problem is arsenals second bid. we are led to believe that arsenal are taking the word of paper talk and believing reports that suarez has a release clause but they also figures out the actual real figure that is in his contract. now i dont know maybe arsenal put all the media speculation together and made an educated guess on the real clause but it is likely that someone at arsenal and someone at camp suarez where in discussion in relation to this figure. not saying it was arsenal who made teh approach or camp suarez im just stating that something must have happened.

- the same day rodgers claims arsenal lack class is the same day wilshere tells the world that he would welcome suarez to arsenal. not the first arsenal player either with giroud and podulski saying the same thing weeks ago. but i guess if its not xavi and iniesta talking about cesc its not a problem. then of course brendan could be talking about his suspisions of arsenal talking to suarez's agents.................

- liverpool are the ones who made the bidding public yes. but why wouldnt they?? i mean if you had a world class player and lets call him robin van persie for example sake, wouldnt you tell the world if a bid was made on him even if you where reluctant to sell. if arsenal where forced to sell rvp im sure they would prefer to get the ball rolling by informing teh world of any bids so that way teh bids will get higher or the player commits to the club. same thing just happened with rooney and chelsea. it would never be in liverpools interest to keep the bid quiet with the player publicly wanting to leave. keeping the bid quiet only helps arsenal

in any case suarez is a world class player who like ronaldo strives on controversy and hatred from opposition fans.

- his first half a season he showed glimpses of class with his first touch and ability to run the byline taking on defenders and scoring 4 in 13

- his second season he scored 17 in 39.

- his third season he was slated for not scoring enough. he went on to score 30 in 44

his controversial side is annoying as a fan of a team he plays for.

-his diving was picked on but the same people slating his diving where praising bale and had praised the likes of young nani and hazard before him.

- evra-gate was a serious incident. as a liverpool fan i feel liek i will always
    defend the player as far as i can. so me trying to defend him will always come down to me being a liverpool fan. in teh same game suarez was running rings around evra. he was leaving him for dust. winning teh ball from him and often leaving him on teh ground. evra was annoyed throughout the game(in one of his worst seasons ever i add) whatever about what suarez meant/didnt mean i think if a word sounded a bit dodge then evra would have over reacted. anyone who isnt backing up suarez wont care that evra had accused people in teh past of racial abuse. either way the situation happened and if you compare it to teh terry incident maybe suarez got a raw deal considering he is still been branded by it where terry is forgotten about but i guess im being paranoid..............................

- teh bite incident. suarez is a wind up artist. its how he plays teh game. he runs around mouthing off at players and going down with the slightest of touches. he throws them off their game with his on field anthics. im not saying its right but its how he plays. if you remeber the stephen taylor free kick incident where he was mimicking the keeper. the little things to throw off the opposition so you can get a slight advantage with them not focusing on teh game at hand. this is the best way to describe suarez. so back to the bite-gate. less than 5 mins before it suaraez gave away a peno. he was obviously pissed off and i feel his antics got the better of him. i feel that he may have been trying to win a peno back by getting ivanovic to react. now what he did was stupid but i dont think he "lost it" or that there is "someting wrong with his head" i just think it was as simple as he was trying to get an advantage and did something over the top. that doesnt excuse it but i dont think he should be done away with because of it. after all this isnt the first bitting incident in the premiership but it is teh only one that people will remember because defoe is english.

- suarze has bitten a player before and i wont try to explain it as im sure liek most here i dont have much knowledge of teh incident so how can someone who doesnt know what happened make a comment on it. anything could have gone on. all we know is what teh youtube tells us. another example is where he swung at a player while playing for uruguay.......................... what we didnt see until later was that the player had him grabbed by the balls. i mean who the hell wouldnt take a swing at him. so the same goes for bite-gate:the prequel anything could have made it happen. and unless we watched it at the time we will never know what happend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Bale, Rooney and Suarez have now all picked up injuries. Funny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Am I the only one who thinks we need a goalkeeper to come in? Sure Chesney is a great prospect but I would rather him develop in the reserve team or out on loan than in our first team where he will cost us goals this season. Cesar would be a great signing for us imo a full international with bags of experience and has played at the highest level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Bale, Rooney and Suarez have now all picked up injuries. Funny that.

Why did Suarez not attend gerards dinner or whatever it was the other night, do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Paulegend wrote: »
    wall of crap

What point are you even trying to make now? This is getting seriously tedious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks we need a goalkeeper to come in? Sure Chesney is a great prospect but I would rather him develop in the reserve team or out on loan than in our first team where he will cost us goals this season. Cesar would be a great signing for us imo a full international with bags of experience and has played at the highest level.

You think he'd be willing to do that? No chance whatsoever of him going on loan or playing in the reserves

Read somewhere he might only have a year left on his contract, same with Sagna

TheGunns wrote: »
    You think he'd be willing to do that? No chance whatsoever of him going on loan or playing in the reserves

Read somewhere he might only have a year left on his contract, same with Sagna

He should be willing to play wherever the club wants him to, he is still too raw in my opinion and some of his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. Is he even the Polish number 1 keeper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Why did Suarez not attend gerards dinner or whatever it was the other night, do you know?

Apparently he was with his partner, who is certainly expecting.

maximoose wrote: »
    What point are you even trying to make now? This is getting seriously tedious

basically arsenal are not a step up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He should be willing to play wherever the club wants him to, he is still too raw in my opinion and some of his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. Is he even the Polish number 1 keeper?

Pretty sure he is.

Cesar was shocking for a lot of last season and is the Brazil No.1 since theyve not got anyone else really. Easy to forget when he finished the season well.

I'd say the defence was more at fault than Szczesny last season and we did have one of the best defences in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well at the end of the day the only person who has to make that decision because it will affect him the most is Suarez, so if he thinks it is that's all that really matters, not some Liverpool or arsenal fans opinion on boards.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Pretty sure he is.

Cesar was shocking for a lot of last season and is the Brazil No.1 since theyve not got anyone else really. Easy to forget when he finished the season well.

I'd say the defence was more at fault than Szczesny last season and we did have one of the best defences in the league

Anytime I watched QPR last season Cesar was one of there best players. I think he is a superb keeper myself and a lot better than anything we have, you only have to look at his CV to know that.

You should of just said instead of the long post :)

Well at the end of the day the only person who has to make that decision because it will affect him the most is Suarez, so if he thinks it is that's all that really matters, not some Liverpool or arsenal fans opinion on boards.

i agree whole heartedly but thats why my post wasnt as simplistic as that one line statement

my arguement was the why i felt that all of the discussions regarding arsenal liverpool and suarez are built out of nothing more than he said she said. alot of stuff is being reported without foundation. an example is that some papers claim rooney wants to stay at united while others report that he is about to hand a transfer request

• Advertisement

Liverpool fans are like we were last year

Up in arms about selling rvp to a rival when in reality we didn't

It's a sobering feeling once it kicks in

And it will kick in

You should of just said instead of the long post :)

:D lol fair enough

but its not as simple as that. i was just giving my view on the hearsay that is going on such as

- did arsenal "tap up" suarez

- is going to arsenal a move to "win trophies"

- is suarez actually considering arsenal

Liverpool fans are like we were last year

Up in arms about selling rvp to a rival when in reality we didn't

It's a sobering feeling once it kicks in

And it will kick in

yea there is a huge comparison but liek most liverpool fans i wouldnt be totally devostated if suarez went to arsenal............. at the right price. in real terms suarez is probably worth about 30 goals meaning that liverpool would lose a 30 goal player while arsenal gain one. resulting in arsenal being 60 goals better off than liverpool. for that to be ok liverpool would need to be getting a price they cant refuse. while 40 million should get liverpool 30 goals worth of players its not a certain so liverpool would need cash that would be more than enough to replace the goals lost. liverpool would have to feel that they are in a better position for selling him

whether that is in signing players like kaka or players like dominic foley it doesnt matter. im just explaining how as a liverpool fan id feel ok with suarez going to arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

:D lol fair enough

- did arsenal "tap up" suarez

- is going to arsenal a move to "win trophies"

- is suarez actually considering arsenal

- No
    - Potentially
    - Apparently

bad2dabone wrote: »
    - No
    - Potentially
    - Apparently

well in my post i showed that

- he may well have been technically tapped up

- liverpool have more chances of actually winning things then arsenal

- that he or his reps have never ever said they are considering arsenal

but im sure if you read my post youd know that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just read Arseblog there and he alluded to comments Viera made about tranfers one year. I had completely forgotten about it, it was the summer before we went on to win the double:
    The 25-year-old's reported comments today inflamed an already tense stand-off. He said: "I need to leave because I want to win more trophies and I just cannot see that happening at Arsenal. Certainly not over the next few years, anyway. Comparing Arsenal to the big clubs in Europe this season is going to be quite ridiculous.

"I do not honestly see Arsenal finishing in the top five in the league - and you can forget the Champions League."

Arsenal wished to keep their star player happy by launching a summer spending spree but Vieira dismissed the signings of Francis Jeffers, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and probably Richard Wright.

"When I told Arsene Wenger I was leaving, he said to me, 'I have £25million to spend on a few players'. My answer was, 'Obviously, Mr Wenger, you are not shopping in Harrods. That will only buy you one good player.' Now I have been proved right. Arsene Wenger has signed two hopeful players who haven't proved themselves in the Premiership yet. One of them is a boy of 20.

"You can't compete with the best clubs in Europe by making these kind of signings. Arsene Wenger is an ambitious manager and he knows deep in his heart that he needs five world-class players to compete among the best in Europe.

"With £25million in the kitty, Arsenal is not a great European club. With that budget they won't even be among the top 20 clubs in Europe."

Fellow Frenchmen Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Sylvain Wiltord and Gilles Grimandi have urged Vieira to remain at Highbury, but the midfielder criticised his team-mates, saying: "I have given 100 per cent to Arsenal over the last five years. They have only been there for a year or so. They have won nothing with Arsenal. They should stay and try to win things for the club before they open their mouths. My message to these players is that they have their lives and I have mine."

He comes off sounding like a bit pf a dick but I have to kind of admire how he gave the manager a kick up the arse when it was needed :D

I did read your post, (slow day here), I disagree that he was tapped up, players were asked questions and said that he was a good player and we’d welcome good players like him to improve the squad. Wilshere also said Rooney was a good player. We’re not tapping him up. Wenger was asked if “you’d like a player like Rooney” he said “Who wouldn’t?” and next thing you know we’re apparently trying to buy Rooney. Arsenal have kept quiet on the Suarez thing until recently. Rodger seems to have a tourettes like need to speak about it the whole time. I wish he’d just shut up and keep his business to himself. He loves the sound of his own voice that guy.

Liverpool have more chance of winning things? I dunno, lets take the domestic cups, we both have in or around the same chance of winning those. The league? Arsenal in a better position although realistically it’s Chelsea and City competing for that, Utd too of course. Arsenal with improvements have an outside chance. Although I think that chance is almost certainly gone due to our lethargy in the market. The Champs league? Well we did trump the best team in Europe last year and we are in the competition again this year. I’d say that gives arsenal more of a chance of winning things.

But yes, the only team that Suarez has openly flashed his knickers at is Real Madrid.

Who knows though what the player wants, not turning up to a social function like SG’s dinner is a bit strange. The injury is a bit convenient. We’ll see over the next couple of weeks.

well in my post i showed that

- he may well have been technically tapped up

- liverpool have more chances of actually winning things then arsenal

- that he or his reps have never ever said they are considering arsenal

but im sure if you read my post youd know that
    Your second point???

I did read your post, (slow day here), I disagree that he was tapped up, players were asked questions and said that he was a good player and we’d welcome good players like him to improve the squad. Wilshere also said Rooney was a good player. We’re not tapping him up. Wenger was asked if “you’d like a player like Rooney” he said “Who wouldn’t?” and next thing you know we’re apparently trying to buy Rooney. Arsenal have kept quiet on the Suarez thing until recently. Rodger seems to have a tourettes like need to speak about it the whole time. I wish he’d just shut up and keep his business to himself. He loves the sound of his own voice that guy.

Liverpool have more chance of winning things? I dunno, lets take the domestic cups, we both have in or around the same chance of winning those. The league? Arsenal in a better position although realistically it’s Chelsea and City competing for that, Utd too of course. Arsenal with improvements have an outside chance. Although I think that chance is almost certainly gone due to our lethargy in the market. The Champs league? Well we did trump the best team in Europe last year and we are in the competition again this year. I’d say that gives arsenal more of a chance of winning things.

But yes, the only team that Suarez has openly flashed his knickers at is Real Madrid.

Who knows though what the player wants, not turning up to a social function like SG’s dinner is a bit strange. The injury is a bit convenient. We’ll see over the next couple of weeks.

well considering he has featured in 2 finals for liverpool in his short stint at the club compared to the amount of finals arsenal have featured in that space of time. in fact if we went back to the last time arsenal won anything at all of note and comapred liverpools same amount of time im sure it would make for sobbering reading.

as i said in my post im not sure if arsenal did talk to suarez's agents but i doubt they took the word purely of tabloids regarding the "clause". i just find it very hard to believe that they took the word of teh press as oppose to checking with a couple of reps.

when barca players talked about cesc arsenal fans cried to high river and it was the same comments that arsenal players made. you cant have it both ways. its either tapping up or its not.

arsenal still have to qualify for the champions league which yes they did well in last year and still fell short as usual.

as for him not turning up to SG's dinner it was explained that his missus is about to give birth..................... as for the injury. there is no injury. at least not a serious one. he has been given the week off as his missus is about to give birth and his next game will be for the national side

Your second point???

suarez 2 and a half years at liverpool

2 finals

1 win

arsenal in the same time

0 finals

0 wins

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

2 finals

1 win

arsenal in the same time

0 finals

0 wins

Players have a habit of looking forward unlike LFC supporters who are always looking back

• Advertisement

Holy jaysus will you's ever go and b0llocks off with the Arsenal v Liverpool sh1te, I want to read about new signing's not my club is bigger than your club baloney :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

2 finals

1 win

arsenal in the same time

0 finals

0 wins

Yeah cos it's just that simple. Players dream of winning the Capital one cup and runner up in the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

2 finals

1 win

arsenal in the same time

0 finals

0 wins

As sad as it is, players these days don't give a fûck about the league or FA cup. Especially non English players. It's all about the league/champions league. And money.

If arsenal did know about the 40 million clause why did they bid 30 million first time?

Surely if they knew about it they would have bid that first off and be done with it, obviously something came from Liverpool about the agreement with Suarez after arsenal initially bid the first time.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Players have a habit of looking forward unlike LFC supporters who are always looking back

because arsenal dont look backwards??? arsenal are harldy an example of a team that is presently successful
    Yeah cos it's just that simple. Players dream of winning the Capital one cup and runner up in the FA cup.

and they dream of winning the 4th place cup??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

By that "logic" he should choose Swansea over us too.

The only reason I would want to win the Capital One cup is to shut up the "8 years without a trophy" stuff, which would very quickly turn into "8 years and only a mickey mouse trophy to show for it" let's be honest. I hope we keep fielding our youth team and back up players in it rather than take it seriously until the latter stages (if we happen to get that far).

The fact of the matter is Arsenal will probably be in the CL come September and that's reallly all that matters.

because arsenal dont look backwards??? arsenal are harldy an example of a team that is presently successful

Champions league buddy!!

What's Liverpool's main target for this season again?

I do find it funny when the same fans who constantly post about a hopeful 4th place challenge in the Liverpool thread insult Arsenal about finishing there.

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »
    As sad as it is, players these days don't give a fûck about the league or FA cup. Especially non English players. It's all about the league/champions league. And money.

i agree its sad that loyalty has gone from the game and that ambition to win the cups is dwindling also. players and managers didnt seem to want to win them years ago(albeit that has started to change) but i for one love the cup runs and love cup final day
    If arsenal did know about the 40 million clause why did they bid 30 million first time?

Surely if they knew about it they would have bid that first off and be done with it, obviously something came from Liverpool about the agreement with Suarez after arsenal initially bid the first time.

so your saying teh knowledge of teh clause came from liverpool even though they turned down the bid that supposedly activated the clause??

is it not more realistic that the info came from camp suarez?? not saying arsenal approached them or they approached arsenal but it is more likely thats how they found out

when barca players talked about cesc arsenal fans cried to high river and it was the same comments that arsenal players made. you cant have it both ways. its either tapping up or its not.

fabregas-barcelona-shirt-0061.jpg

there's a big difference between the way the big 2 in spain tap players up and answering a question in a non-commital way when asked by a journalist.

as for the 2 finals liverpool have been in, I think that the club would be better served with a higher league position. the 2 finals hardly saved King Kenny's job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

well considering he has featured in 2 finals for liverpool in his short stint at the club compared to the amount of finals arsenal have featured in that space of time. in fact if we went back to the last time arsenal won anything at all of note and comapred liverpools same amount of time im sure it would make for sobbering reading.

Liverpool fans are guilty of ignoring the present and lauding the past while Arsenal fans are guilty of ignoring the present and lauding the future.

Arsenal will be there or thereabouts for 4th this year. If Suarez thinks he's good enough and can offer 20+ league goals then Arsenal would be a good move for him because that would push them near the top.

Of course Liverpool might have a good cup run but when players like Suarez talk of winning trophies, it's the league and the CL.

If he did give us those goals then it would be a good move for everyone and worth 40-50 million.

If you think that the addition of Suarez wouldn't bump a team from a consistant 3rd/4th spot to say second, then a price tag of 60 million is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

If you were consistently winning that cup, your club would be in a much better position than it is now! Ya would probably keep Suarez with it.

I'm not happy with Arsenal finishing third, fourth regularly as I feel the club is a lot better than that. But I would never swap the last 5 years or so with Liverpool. Swansea, Birmingham etc have won trophies since us as well.

In the modern game only two trophies are worth winning IMO the League and champions league and Arsenal have a far better chance than Liverpool in either competition. The FA cup has lost it's prestige from about 99/00 season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The liverpool butt hurt in here is crazy. You are losing your best player and lashing out in the only way ye know how. By trying to convince everyone how big a club ye are. Ye are just another Nottingham Forest. Jog on.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Champions league buddy!!

correction a qualifier with hope of champions league
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's Liverpool's main target for this season again?

yes and when they eventually(a billion years from now as it feels) get 4th they wont be hoping to finish 4th every season. they will want to make the next step. wenger said that finishing 4th is more important than winning a cup. he is wrong.

im not saying that winning the micky mouse cup or getting to a final is teh best thing but its better than not competing at all

and for the record arsenal like all the top clubs have started to take the cups seriously. last season they fielded strong teams in the cups

• Advertisement

wenger said that finishing 4th is more important than winning a cup. he is wrong.

really? ask Wigan. Ask the board of any club. Ask John Henry what he'd rather.

For the love of god its 'the' not 'teh'

fabregas-barcelona-shirt-0061.jpg

there's a big difference between the way the big 2 in spain tap players up and answering a question in a non-commital way when asked by a journalist.

as for the 2 finals liverpool have been in, I think that the club would be better served with a higher league position. the 2 finals hardly saved King Kenny's job.

and arsenal fans gave out about barca players long before that pic happened
    FearDark wrote: »
    The liverpool butt hurt in here is crazy. You are losing your best player and lashing out in the only way ye know how. By trying to convince everyone how big a club ye are. Ye are just another Nottingham Forest. Jog on.

what makes arsenal a big club again??
    gosplan wrote: »

Liverpool fans are guilty of ignoring the present and lauding the past while Arsenal fans are guilty of ignoring the present and lauding the future.

Arsenal will be there or thereabouts for 4th this year. If Suarez thinks he's good enough and can offer 20+ league goals then Arsenal would be a good move for him because that would push them near the top.

Of course Liverpool might have a good cup run but when players like Suarez talk of winning trophies, it's the league and the CL.

If he did give us those goals then it would be a good move for everyone and worth 40-50 million.

If you think that the addition of Suarez wouldn't bump a team from a consistant 3rd/4th spot to say second, then a price tag of 60 million is a joke.

ill put it to you this way. lets say if arsenal bought suarez for 100 million(stupid cash. im not saying he is going for that) and arsenal went on to get 95 points in teh league. arsenal could finish second with that. but would teh 100 million be worth it?? i mean how do you put a price on it anyway. its all about what aresenal are willing to pay and what liverpool are happy to sell for

if suarez doesnt go this summer he has 4 years left on his contract. he aint getting any cheaper next summer. especially if he went on to have another similar season followed by a world cup

correction a qualifier with hope of champions league

You're really getting desperate!!

really? ask Wigan. Ask the board of any club. Ask John Henry what he'd rather.

ask any supporter of any team what is better. the feeling of cup final day or the feeling of just about finishing 4th
    AdamD wrote: »
    For the love of god its 'the' not 'teh'

get over it. its a typo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement