Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He really didn't, I posted a link to his games on the left and his assists pass completing goals, general play were all down nearly by half, his best position in midfield

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/4522

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I see Suarez has a bit of cescitiis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Foot injury! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres not to many teams in the EPL with bigger grounds then Arsenal, 1 to be precise and there is not many more command the ticket price Arsenal do, the matchday revenue they generate is huge, compared to everyone bar Utd that is, they're ahead of most of the league when it comes to overall money generated.

Lets take the satdium for example, Liverpool, Chelsea and SPurs but to name 3 all will want to expand or build a new stadium to generate more income to balance the books according to the FFP, Arsenal are over that hump and theyve managed to at least stay competitive for the couple of years they paid it off.

As it stands the 3 above will have to spend a couple of hundred million to build a new stadium or expand on their current sites where possible.
    gosplan wrote: »
    No but it means that Suarez would rather come to us than stay at Liverpool. Despite your history, your cup runs and the attractiveness of Liverpool as a club, we offer European football at the highest level. And even if we're just the next stepping stone for a player, we're a step up from Liverpool because we offer that.

Now you can post and post abut whatever you want, but at the moment, that's the way things are. They weren't that way in the past and they might not be in the future but it's just the way things are now.

For some reason, (some) Liverpool fans get the knives out when they hear this and want to start a row ... but it's just the current reality.

its seems the FFP is a bit of a myth:D if you ask some clubs anyway

your correct though i agree with you. arsenal are a step up. just not much of one. until arsenal actually go on and win something ye will just be the also rans. whether its the micky mouse cup or the champions league ye need silverware and at this present moment in time ye do not offer anyway in terms of current historical form. its all well and good telling a player ill bring you to play against the best in europe but youll never get to win a trophy................. hell if suarez just wanted to play in the champions league he could have stayed at ajax and not came to liverpool

but competing in finals aside arsenal are in a better position than liverpool right now. financial stability, a big stadium, european competition and the want to spend big. problem is that ye have not spent anything.

liverpool need a new stadium and thats clear cut. we have some of the biggest sponsorship deals in europe considering we have been struggling as of late. we also need to get 4th to attract bigger players.

but right now we are where we are and we just need to keep going and fighting for 4th

arsenal on the other hand dont have all taht to do to start challenging for the title. they need a couple of world class players and they need to sign them now.

spurs have spent loads and with bale about to leave i think they will spend again

united want to spend but cant seem to attract anyone with their self proclaimed winner in charge

city never stop spending and i doubt the transfer window will even stop them at this stage

chelsea are spending big also. jose's talk of just rooney being a target is crap i dont believe him for a second.

at this present moment arsenal are going to be fighting for 4th place. that is what is getting liverpool fans. if suarez goes there maybe ye will challenge but ye are not just one player off a challenge. arsenal are competing with us this season whether they like it or not. now arsenal may be favourites at the moment with a settled team and manager but if rodgers signings are anything like coutinho and sturridge i could see us finishing ahead of ye.

but as i said before. baines fellani ceasar and a striker(suarez or not) and ye will jump up to a title challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Paulegend wrote: »
    when a player retires do they count how many times they featured in the champions league or how many times they finished 4th??? or do they count how many medals they have for winning things?

Neither. They count their money.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

its seems the FFP is a bit of a myth:D if you ask some clubs anyway

your correct though i agree with you. arsenal are a step up. just not much of one. until arsenal actually go on and win something ye will just be the also rans. whether its the micky mouse cup or the champions league ye need silverware and at this present moment in time ye do not offer anyway in terms of current historical form. its all well and good telling a player ill bring you to play against the best in europe but youll never get to win a trophy................. hell if suarez just wanted to play in the champions league he could have stayed at ajax and not came to liverpool

but competing in finals aside arsenal are in a better position than liverpool right now. financial stability, a big stadium, european competition and the want to spend big. problem is that ye have not spent anything.

liverpool need a new stadium and thats clear cut. we have some of the biggest sponsorship deals in europe considering we have been struggling as of late. we also need to get 4th to attract bigger players.

but right now we are where we are and we just need to keep going and fighting for 4th

arsenal on the other hand dont have all taht to do to start challenging for the title. they need a couple of world class players and they need to sign them now.

spurs have spent loads and with bale about to leave i think they will spend again

united want to spend but cant seem to attract anyone with their self proclaimed winner in charge

city never stop spending and i doubt the transfer window will even stop them at this stage

chelsea are spending big also. jose's talk of just rooney being a target is crap i dont believe him for a second.

at this present moment arsenal are going to be fighting for 4th place. that is what is getting liverpool fans. if suarez goes there maybe ye will challenge but ye are not just one player off a challenge. arsenal are competing with us this season whether they like it or not. now arsenal may be favourites at the moment with a settled team and manager but if rodgers signings are anything like coutinho and sturridge i could see us finishing ahead of ye.

but as i said before. baines fellani ceasar and a striker(suarez or not) and ye will jump up to a title challenge

Paul, one question. Why does our "current historical form" make us unlikely to win trophies yet you still think Liverpool will challenge for 4th despite their "current historical form"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

How would one treat that ailment?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Liverpool fans shouldn't be worried about whether Arsenal are going to challenge for the title or not. You guys should be worried as to what position you'll finish up without Suarez - whether he goes to AFC or RM. With him last year you were a long way away from 4th and I see nothing to say you'll be any closer this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just a look back at our 2004-2005 squad :( What a team that was not one weakness in the team whatsoever they were a joy to watch!!

GK Jens Lehmann
    DF Ashley Cole
    MF Patrick Vieira (captain)
    MF Robert Pirès
    MF Fredrik Ljungberg
    FW José Antonio Reyes
    FW Dennis Bergkamp
    FW Robin van Persie
    DF Lauren
    FW Thierry Henry
    MF Cesc Fàbregas
    MF Mathieu Flamini
    MF Edu
    DF Pascal Cygan
    MF Gilberto Silva
    DF Philippe Senderos
    DF Gaël Clichy
    DF Sol Campbell
    GK Manuel Almunia
    DF Emmanuel Eboué
    DF Kolo Touré
    FW Jérémie Aliadière
    DF Justin Hoyte
    MF Patrick Cregg
    DF Johan Djourou[8]
    MF Sebastian Larsson
    MF Quincy Owusu-Abeyie[9]
    FW Daniel Karbassiyoon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Paul, one question. Why does our "current historical form" make us unlikely to win trophies yet you still think Liverpool will challenge for 4th despite their "current historical form"?

It really is pointless

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    How would one treat that ailment?

Line out for your shiny new team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Line out for your shiny new team

Worked for Cesc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just a look back at our 2004-2005 squad :( What a team that was not one weakness in the team whatsoever they were a joy to watch!!

GK Jens Lehmann
    DF Ashley Cole
    MF Patrick Vieira (captain)
    MF Robert Pirès
    MF Fredrik Ljungberg
    FW José Antonio Reyes
    FW Dennis Bergkamp
    FW Robin van Persie
    DF Lauren
    FW Thierry Henry
    MF Cesc Fàbregas
    MF Mathieu Flamini
    MF Edu
    DF Pascal Cygan
    MF Gilberto Silva
    DF Philippe Senderos
    DF Gaël Clichy
    DF Sol Campbell
    GK Manuel Almunia
    DF Emmanuel Eboué
    DF Kolo Touré
    FW Jérémie Aliadière
    DF Justin Hoyte
    MF Patrick Cregg
    DF Johan Djourou[8]
    MF Sebastian Larsson
    MF Quincy Owusu-Abeyie[9]
    FW Daniel Karbassiyoon

What I got from reading this is ye need Patrick Cregg back, the thing is are St Johnstone willing to sell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Liverpool fans shouldn't be worried about whether Arsenal are going to challenge for the title or not. You guys should be worried as to what position you'll finish up without Suarez - whether he goes to AFC or RM. With him last year you were a long way away from 4th and I see nothing to say you'll be any closer this year

You don't think having a young manager in his first season with the club would be any reason for a club to have a slow start and struggle a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

niallo27 wrote: »
    You don't think having a young manager in his first season with the club would be any reason for a club to have a slow start and struggle a bit.

Mother of god is this still going on. Can we talk Arsenal, not bitter hasbeens going on about their glory days 30/40 years ago. This thread is awful for the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

FearDark wrote: »
    Mother of god is this still going on. Can we talk Arsenal, not bitter hasbeens going on about their glory days 30/40 years ago. This thread is awful for the last few days.

When did Arsenal fans become some full of themselves. I thought you lot were an alright bunch.

Let's make similar and equally valid (which it's to say, not very) arguments for Arsenal.

We had an entire new forward line and lots of still developing players, had a slow start, struggled a bit, and were the second best team for the latter half of the season. We're going to be title challengers!

When did Arsenal fans become some full of themselves. I thought you lot were an alright bunch.

We are, but you guys have been whining and whining in our thread with no new news for days, so we're pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Bayern have given Luiz Gustavo permission to speak to Wolfsburg. Meanwhile, we've given a 26yo Moroccan who plays in Ligue 2, Alharbi El Jadeyaoui, a two-day trial. Oh, Arsene...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Times like this make me glad that Spurs have there own forum or else we'd probaly have a problem like now alot more often ....Rot has set in on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Times like this make me glad that Spurs have there own forum or else we'd probaly have a problem like now alot more often ....Rot has set in on this thread

Tbh a few good signings would soon cure that and make us all feel a bit more relaxed.

**** may have just got real...

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
    Luis #Suárez breaks his silence in explosive interview with @guardian_sport. Online soon at http://theguardian.com/sport #lfc #afc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
    Luis #Suárez breaks his silence in explosive interview with @guardian_sport. Online soon at http://theguardian.com/sport #lfc #afc

Seen that or it could just be the guardian building up hype more of the same well find out soon enough, Sky Sports are saying hear Moyes talk about Rooney at 10:30 aswell, can't watch stupid Sky Box is already recording two shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Madrid?

Seen that or it could just be the guardian building up hype more of the same well find out soon enough, Sky Sports are saying hear Moyes talk about Rooney at 10:30 aswell, can't watch stupid Sky Box is already recording two shows.

Well it sounds like they had an interview with him and they have quotes. That alone is huge.

Well it sounds like they had an interview with him and they have quotes. That alone is huge.

If it's true they have actual quotes that is ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

on the BBC red button - the live feed of some radio show, for final score - they're after saying about some paper having a cover of saurez saying 'let me leave' then saurez revealing why he wants to quit l'pool for arsenal

:pac::pac::pac:

Telegraph have tweeted their story will be coming soon. Unclear as yet if each paper had separate interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm sounds like Suarez is going to try to force things. Things could get interesting, or its the usual hype tripe from the press!

• Advertisement

I love Dennis Bergkamp

Just throwing it out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I love Dennis Bergkamp

Just throwing it out there

Best Arsenal player take him over Henry. Just that special player that Wenger wouldn't sign today. Wenger was a lucky man to have that back 5 and Bergkamp back in the 90's and early 00's.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Best Arsenal player take him over Henry. Just that special player that Wenger wouldn't sign today. Wenger was a lucky man to have that back 5 and Bergkamp back in the 90's and early 00's.

Why

Why would you try ruin it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I have permission from my future wife to call our first child Freddie, hair getting dyed red at first opportunity

sure didn't inherit all the invincible team too

stuchyg wrote: »
    I have permission from my future wife to call our first child Freddie, hair getting dyed red at first opportunity

What if its a girl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bayern have given Luiz Gustavo permission to speak to Wolfsburg. Meanwhile, we've given a 26yo Moroccan who plays in Ligue 2, Alharbi El Jadeyaoui, a two-day trial. Oh, Arsene...

That's shocking stuff, Gustavo is very underrated he would slot into our team nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Why

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

One thing is clear from this saga, liverpool fans have found a new hate for arsenal!

Won't be easy beating them in anfield anymore!

One thing is clear from this saga, liverpool fans have found a new hate for arsenal!

If we sign Suarez, the hate mob will be out in force at
    -Old Trafford
    -Stamford Bridge
    -Anfield.

Thats surely unprecedented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

meriwether wrote: »
    If we sign Suarez, the hate mob will be out in force at
    -Old Trafford
    -Stamford Bridge
    -Anfield.

Thats surely unprecedented?

Would it be worth it!

• Advertisement

No Suarez quotes in this Mirror story but we've been linked to Gundogan. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-arsenal-target-suarez-2132028

over on the l'pool thread someone posted a load of tweets about the anzhi owner pulling out & them having a fire sale

which if true it wouldn't be surprising if the uzbek guy, a DM, odil ahmedov shows up at arsenal, he was linked a lot in the past

No they don't. That's football.

Fans that fall out over transfers are muppets tbh.

In fairness to them Anfield is never an easy place to go ;).

Jasus twitter has gone into overdrive the mere mention of an "explosive interview" has started a snowball effect of all sorts of claim that Arsenal reckon Suarez will be the catalyst for a number of transfers, the proof in the pudding as some would say.

Why

Just in that kind of mood:P

Pires, what a special player he was. The French Wizard out those wings causing havoc. Even made Andy Gray stand up and clap and say the immortal words "Take a Boo son"

Ronnie Whelan will hating us even more and cutting us to shreds on CL's nights. He hasn't got over 89 yet.

Ronnie Whelan will hating us even more and cutting us to shreds on CL's nights. He hasn't got over 89 yet.

I'd say he has ;)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No they don't. That's football.

Fans that fall out over transfers are muppets tbh.

Friends 4eva Rarnes?

Articles live in 4 mins...

batistuta9 wrote: »
    over on the l'pool thread someone posted a load of tweets about the anzhi owner pulling out & them having a fire sale

which if true it would be surprising if the uzbek guy, a DM, odil ahmedov shows up at arsenal, he was linked a lot in the past

Willian will be off then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement