Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

meriwether wrote: »
    Friends 4eva Rarnes?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Little preview before the main event.

BRBFG3BCEAA613n.jpg:large

wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nothing too exclusive in there tbh

I winder will this change is Arsenal get knocked out in the qualifiers.....

And the fact he said he was promised he would be allowed leave but Liverpool aren't honouring their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nothing exclusive except he's just made his position explicitly clear and untenable. This just got interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

meriwether wrote: »
    What if its a girl?

Won't matter

And the fact he said he was promised he would be allowed leave but Liverpool aren't honouring their side.

You are taking his word on that, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Think he is gone now. Hopefully Madrid stay focused on Bale now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thats got to sting a lot of Liverpool fans, he just made it public he wants out of Liverpool he feels the club have gone back on an agreement and quite clearly states he wants Champions League football something many Liverpool fans in here have been trying to downplay.

Do we really want all this baggage and distraction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

If he gives us a ton of goals and helps us win a league. I take the crazy mad genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So I take the Pool heads are going to ramble back to their thread and leave us alone now?

Liverpool would wanna keep quiet on the Suarez deal and stop talking about money in public.......its classless

• Advertisement

So I take the Pool heads are going to ramble back to their thread and leave us alone now?

Liverpool would wanna keep quiet on the Suarez deal and stop talking about money in public.......its classless

No, this is a public forum.

Your 2nd point makes no sense and sounds silly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Willian will be off then.

yeah will.i.an was mentioned too, i think eto'o is the only one not of their better players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

That's worse than the "you guys" statement

Liverpool fans must be pissed

And rightly so

And rightly so

Like we were for years with our best players pissing off. Time for us to rob one of our Rivals best players.

And rightly so

It's been coming for a while and a few fans called it that it would come to this. It's the 2nd or even 3rd club that he's done this too.

• Advertisement

And rightly so

Yeh if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be pissed reading that, claims he will take it to the Premier Lreague if needs be states it's not like he wants to go to a local rival etc.

I can feel empathy for them because I know how much RVP " you guys" statement pissed me off, but I'd still love him at Arsenal he is exactly what we need and would be real signal of intent Arsenal are back and mean business.

Also to the pool fans giving it billy big boots in here all week

At no point did he mention he wants to stay and win the carling cup or fa cup

Coming 4th matters

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it

Wonder what brent will say about this now.

It's been coming for a while and a few fans called it that it would come to this. It's the 2nd or even 3rd club that he's done this too.

Modern day players are cnuts simple as

unfortunantely, there's not much loyalty these days at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Yeah, at least if we do get him we won't be surprised when he pushes for a move to Madrid next season.

John W Henry's comments worry me though. He is gonna dig his heels in because he will look like a fool if Suarez leaves for £40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

**** just got interesting!

He's pretty much gone now. Liverpool fans saying let him rot in reserves til January sounded very familiar to what was being said on here last year about RVP. Feels good to be on the other side I have to say. What a mental signing Suarez would be!

jonny666 wrote: »

He's pretty much gone now. Liverpool fans saying let him rot in reserves til January sounded very familiar to what was being said on here last year about RVP. Feels good to be on the other side I have to say. What a mental signing Suarez would be!

Big difference being Suarez is contracted for another 3 seasons. It wouldn't surprise me if they sold him abroad for 30-35m

jonny666 wrote: »

Well let's not to wild he could bugger off to Madrid. Liverpool will have to sell him off (They are after Diego Costa as a replacement) get 50 million and go out and buy a replacement. But yeah it feels good to be on the other side of things this time around.

• Advertisement

Big difference being Suarez is contracted for another 3 seasons. It wouldn't surprise me if they sold him abroad for 30-35m

If Madrid come in we're fooked simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pool have to sell abroad cheap now, but clubs will know this. Can see this dragging on and him ending up at a foreign champions league team near deadline day for well under £40m

Yeh but in the same manner as RVP, Suarez has just effectively ended his time at Liverpool. It;s no certainty he will end up at Arsenal right now im sure if Chelsea or City were to come in he would quickly forget about Arsenal but as of now we seem to be the only club interested, what club in Europe has even sniffed in his direction? Madrid seem focused on Bale and Suarez and an alternative should in the unlikely event it fails.

What Arsenal need to do now really is fcuk being patient and act quick.

Pool have to sell abroad cheap now, but clubs will know this. Can see this dragging on and him ending up at a foreign champions league team near deadline day for well under £40m

I assume they want to get as much money so they can get over 50 for him. Arsenal will pay it and they can go out for a big signing. selling him for 30 million would be crazy.

Me either. It'd be strange if one of Real or PSG dont come in and offer something after an interview like that. Even if you dont need him Suarez for 30 - 35million is a bargin. Will Liverpool take the price drop tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Chamakh shares the record for most consecutive Champions Leagues matches scored in. Shocking to think it's the same player.

To one of those other teams who bid, oh wait.....

If Madrid stay focused on Bale, we're the only team in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What must he be smoking to give an interview like that.

Yeh but in the same manner as RVP, Suarez has just effectively ended his time at Liverpool. It;s no certainty he will end up at Arsenal right now im sure if Chelsea or City were to come in he would quickly forget about Arsenal but as of now we seem to be the only club interested, what club in Europe has even sniffed in his direction? Madrid seem focused on Bale and Suarez and an alternative should in the unlikely event it fails.

Exactly. The Bale deal could rumble on for another week. Once he's signed Real could swoop - they clearly don't care about FFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

GBP 40,000,002 bid in tomorrow.

• Advertisement

big time, stick in 45m let them think about it.

We should make an offer tomorrow. Add on another few million

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We'll probably all be back here in a years time when he tells the Guardian he wants to leave Arsenal because we promised him a trophy, calling him all sorts. Is it worth spending £45m+ on a player we're probably only gonna see for 2 seasons max?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

keano_afc wrote: »
    We'll probably all be back here in a years time when he tells the Guardian he wants to leave Arsenal because we promised him a trophy, calling him all sorts. Is it worth spending £45m+ on a player we're probably only gonna see for 2 seasons max?
    We can sell him, so yeah.

It's the message it sends out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

There will be a statue of him outside the emirates yet.

• Advertisement

If he helps us attract better players which signing a player of his caliber would, it would put us back on the map and if he helps Arsenal make that step up to the next level then yes most certainly :).

Yep. Totally. With him well make the money back in cl Revenue. Without spurs take our spot.

Well we should've bought Higuain but we didn't. We can't afford to go through this summer having failed to land both Higuain and Suarez, especially when possible targets have left during the saga that the latter has become. It'll all end in tears but we need Suarez and he needs us - unless Real make a bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Looper007 wrote: »
    I assume they want to get as much money so they can get over 50 for him. Arsenal will pay it and they can go out for a big signing. selling him for 30 million would be crazy.

They'd be far better off £20m down than selling one of the best strikers in the league to the team they're trying to catch. Really they're quite fúcked until someone else comes in for him. Even Chelsea or city. Hell, even united would be a better destination for him than arsenal. Their star striker is acting the dick and trying to force his way out and join the one club they don't want to sell to. They're more fúcked than arsenal were last season with van Persie and united.

Also what big signing could pool go for? I did not want Suarez a month ago but it's got to the stage now where there's no-one else left. I think they'd be mad to turn down an offer of £30m from abroad if the only alternative is to sell to arsenal.

They'd be far better off £20m down than selling one of the best strikers in the league to the team they're trying to catch. Really they're quite fúcked until someone else comes in for him. Even Chelsea or city. Hell, even united would be a better destination for him than arsenal. Their star striker is acting the dick and trying to force his way out and join the one club they don't want to sell to. They're more fúcked than arsenal were last season with van Persie and united.

Also what big signing could pool go for? I did not want Suarez a month ago but it's got to the stage now where there's no-one else left.
    Well if they put him in the reserves and arsenal buy another striker, they now have minus world class striker with no money to buy one and we would have strengthened.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement