Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If you think about the amount of Wages we've cut back on this season, the potential is there to add something rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

batistuta9 wrote: »
    this place wasn't exactly overflowing with goodwill gestures when v.persie went to man u, now was it.
    it's to be expected

None of us slagged off united. We was mad at rvp. That is all. Liverpool fans mad at arsenal yet few months ago you lot wanted suarez out of Liverpool for being a racist cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

None of us slagged off united. We was mad at rvp. That is all. Liverpool fans mad at arsenal yet few months ago you lot wanted suarez out of Liverpool for being a racist cheat.

When did Liverpool fans want Suarez out? Maybe 2% if even. The vast majority always stood up for him.

As for the negativity towards Arsenal, its the manner of the bid. Plus £1? Why didnt they offer £41m even? Its not just LFC fans that are angry at Arsenal, all the media have had a go. What would you AFC fans think if another team behaved like this, or better still, name a team that did this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

When did Liverpool fans want Suarez out? Maybe 2% if even. The vast majority always stood up for him.

As for the negativity towards Arsenal, its the manner of the bid. Plus £1? Why didnt they offer £41m even? Its not just LFC fans that are angry at Arsenal, all the media have had a go. What would you AFC fans think if another team behaved like this, or better still, name a team that did this before?

That's like saying a car will cost you 10 grand but sure ill offer 11, it was to trigger a release clause we thought existed, if that's why Liverpool fans are angry, well I'm laughing a little bit inside, pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i support arsenal...

what about all the 'getting sick seeing him play for them' type comments
    no one was happy he went to man u, you can't deny that, even though the majority of it was towards v.persie there was still a bit towards them

& i'm pretty sure the majority of l'pool wanted him to stay a few months ago, probably most even up until 11 last night

• Advertisement

When? When he was found guilty for being a racist and a cheat.

i support arsenal...

what about all the 'getting sick seeing him play for them' type comments
    no one was happy he went to man u, you can't deny that, even though the majority of it was towards v.persie there was still a bit towards them

& i'm pretty sure the majority of l'pool wanted him to stay a few months ago, probably most even up until 11 last night
    Most of us where angry at rvp not United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Lads seriously were not signing cesc, and Suarez will be touch and go, I can still see them selling him to a foreign team, so no need for the Santi discussion he will be playing in the centre this season!

He won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Just woke up.

Have we signed him yet??

Hope this doesnt drag on too much longer. Stick in another bid and try get it finished asap. I still have a fear of Madrid 'swooping' tho.

Edit: Forgot to add. Will Liverpool release a statement now after that interview. They have a friendly today I think. They will have to come out and say something anyways. Their top player just called the manager a liar! What a mess!!

He won't

We shall see!

• Advertisement

I refuse to even think about cesc and Suarez, mother of go imagine

But where will santi play if we sign cesc, cause he is crap LW according to some :):)

yeah, most of the people here would have strokes; half with excitement, the other half in disgust at the thought they can't complain any more about spending, ambition or whatever

i don't like him playing out there either, he's better in the centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

it dont matter. the manner in which arsenal have acted means that relations between the clubs are now rocky. arsenal will never get suarez for 40 million. liverpool will be even more determined not to sell to your disgusting club. arsenal are hoping that suarez forces a move from liverpool and thats what this is all about. of course when barca came looking for one of their own back it was poor arsenal and when rvp was going to untied it was poor arsenal. i guess now its poor arsenal again???

Paulegend wrote: »
    it dont matter. the manner in which arsenal have acted means that relations between the clubs are now rocky. arsenal will never get suarez for 40 million. liverpool will be even more determined not to sell to your disgusting club. arsenal are hoping that suarez forces a move from liverpool and thats what this is all about. of course when barca came looking for one of their own back it was poor arsenal and when rvp was going to untied it was poor arsenal. i guess now its poor arsenal again???
    Our, discusting club, mate your embarrassing yourself seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

And the award for deluded person of the year goes to.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Most of us where angry at rvp not United.

70/30, maybe even 60/40 to v.persie

it would've been even higher only for his statement

the same selling to a rival/english club stuff was being said in the arsenal thread last summer
    in fact even the 'rot in the reserves' BS was trotted out, so too the 'sell to a foreign club for less'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

His market value is around 37 million and there is this supposed clause of 40 million in his contract. Why offer 999,999 extra? That's a lot of dosh, and Arsenal are already offering to break their transfer record by nearly 300%.

I think 40 +1 is a ridiculous amount and that he is not worth that when you take all the baggage into account. Arsenal would be foolish to entertain this lad. He has shown 0 loyalty to every club he has been with and contracts don't seem to matter to this lad. He will try everything to leave, even taking legal action. Yet he won't hand in a transfer request as he would lose his "loyalty" bonus.

If Arsenal were to buy him, they would go through the same theatrics in 2 years and they will have even bigger trouble getting rid of him. No one is showing interest in him now and for good reason. There will be even less interest next time around when he pulls the same stunts again.

of course they wont sell for 40mil but 40mil and a pound...

hope there is a clause in the contract and they offer 40mil and a penny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Bale goes to Madrid its very likely Liverpool will have to sell to Arsenal, Suarez doesnt want to be fighting for Europa League places, hes said so himself he wants out and short of handing in a transfer request the guy is all but out the door at Anfield, Suarez wants to leave, Arsenal have bid, Liverpool think the bid doesnt meet his valuation that all we know so far.

Maybe Real come in for him but their main focuses this summer seemed to be for Cavani and Bale, theyve already made signings but pulled out of bidding for Cavani and if Levy and Spurs have anything to say will ahve to pay a world record fee for Bale, no concrete information or rumours have come out about Real in for Suarez.

Wow. Maybe you should read back over who has been making comments. Arsenal do their dealings behind closed doors. They made a bid of 30 million and someone leaked that info. They made another bid of 40 million and that was leaked again. Never in this time has Arsenal said anything about the transfer and it was only after being hounded by the media that Wenger made the comment "We always try to act properly but a transfer is always an agreement between three parties”.

The only disgusting things in this whole episode are comments like "lacking class" & "What do you think they are smoking over there at the Emirates", as well as Suarezs behaviour. And none of that is coming from Arsenal.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    His market value is around 37 million and there is this supposed clause of 40 million in his contract. Why offer 999,999 extra? That's a lot of dosh, and Arsenal are already offering to break their transfer record by nearly 300%.

I think 40 +1 is a ridiculous amount and that he is not worth that when you take all the baggage into account. Arsenal would be foolish to entertain this lad. He has shown 0 loyalty to every club he has been with and contracts don't seem to matter to this lad. He will try everything to leave, even taking legal action. Yet he won't hand in a transfer request as he would lose his "loyalty" bonus.

If Arsenal were to buy him, they would go through the same theatrics in 2 years and they will have even bigger trouble getting rid of him. No one is showing interest in him now and for good reason. There will be even less interest next time around when he pulls the same stunts again.

if you look at all the teams he's left/wants to leave you could say they weren't/aren't matching his ambition

if he joins and arsenal start competing/wining titles he might stick around

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I really wish the ignore list blocked quotes as well; it's really irritating to see the same cretins' posts still popping up repeatedly as everyone takes the bait.

I love the smell of bitterness in the morning

I really wish the ignore list blocked quotes as well; it's really irritating to see the same cretins' posts still popping up repeatedly as everyone takes the bait.

It's not taking bait
    I feel for the genuine Liverpool fans
    But
    For the bellends

It's great craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are you smoking?

ri9l6uf.jpg

70/30, maybe even 60/40 to v.persie

it would've been even higher only for his statement

the same selling to a rival/english club stuff was being said in the arsenal thread last summer
    in fact even the 'rot in the reserves' BS was trotted out, so too the 'sell to a foreign club for less'

umm nope.

i followed this thread and others around the web and most where pissed at RVP not united.

With fabregas it was the reverse. we was mostly pissed off at barcalona at the manner in which they went for fabregas.

i mean putting a barca shirt on fabregas when he was still at arsenal joke or not is taking the p.

have arsenal done that to Suarez?

Have Arsenal unsettled Suarez and went behind liverpools back to try and speak to him?

did arsenal players mention and big up Suarez like how most of the barca players did for fabregas saying stuff like "he will fit in well with us, etc etc?"

Nope. Arsenal have gone by the books. We have gone directly to Liverpool with our interest and offers for Suarez and none of the arsenal players or even Wenger has said a single word about Suarez out of respect.

This will be the last post i will add to this very silly immature discussion about how discusting arsenal are for there handling of Suarez because quiet frankly people are deluded and losing there brain cells if they honestly think that Arsenal are doing things with regards to Suarez in bad manner.

Get off your horse and please get out of this thread. The door is that way.

To al my fellow Gunners, Do no feed these people. Ignore these people and soon they will get bored and leave this thread.

I really wish the ignore list blocked quotes as well

There's an add on for Firefox that does exactly this. On the phone so can't link but I think it's called total ignore. I have it on the laptop and it's a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Somebody's really gonna benefit from the Anzhi fire sale and I hope it's us. Diarra in dfm, Willian on the left wing? Traore as a back-up if Suarez doesn't happen?

• Advertisement

umm nope.

i followed this thread and others around the web and most where pissed at RVP not united.

With fabregas it was the reverse. we was mostly pissed off at barcalona at the manner in which they went for fabregas.

i mean putting a barca shirt on fabregas when he was still at arsenal joke or not is taking the p.

Have Arsenal unsettled Suarez and went behind liverpools back to try and speak to him?

did arsenal players mention and big up Suarez like how most of the barca players did for fabregas saying stuff like "he will fit in well with us, etc etc?"

Nope. Arsenal have gone by the books. We have gone directly to Liverpool with our interest and offers for Suarez and none of the arsenal players or even Wenger has said a single word about Suarez out of respect.

This will be the last post i will add to this very silly immature discussion about how discusting arsenal are for there handling of Suarez because quiet frankly people are deluded and losing there brain cells if they honestly think that Arsenal are doing things with regards to Suarez in bad manner.

To al my fellow Gunners, Do no feed these people. Ignore these people and soon they will get bored and leave this thread.

are you replying to me thinking i'm a l'pool fan for the second time you absolute clown :pac:

I read the thread at the time too & know some arsenal fans were píssed at him joining man u, perhaps not as much as v.persie himself but they were píssed he joined them - you can't deny that

& you really can't expect l'pool fans to wish him all the best when he's looking to join arsenal, ffs cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Somebody's really gonna benefit from the Anzhi fire sale and I hope it's us. Diarra in dfm, Willian on the left wing? Traore as a back-up if Suarez doesn't happen?

Just out of interest what is going on at Anzhi?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

rarnes1 wrote: »
    There's an add on for Firefox that does exactly this. On the phone so can't link but I think it's called total ignore. I have it on the laptop and it's a dream.
    Good man. Do I start using Firefox though? hmm, maybe for the soccer forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

liverpool will be even more determined not to sell to your disgusting club.

And the truth will out!!

I love it.

Spend a day in here trying to come across as rational and level headed but including veiled digs at Arsenal in all your posts.

You just outed yourself buddy.

Now go somewhere and cool off.

wawaman wrote: »
    Just out of interest what is going on at Anzhi?

i think:
    their owner has had a change of heart after a health scare, he may give up the club & after them not winning any of their first 4 matches, he's sacked rene mulenstein & decided to focus more on local players/youth. there's stories too of players fighting with each other

i think:
    their owner has had a change of heart after a health scare, he may give up the club & after them not winning any of their first 4 matches, he's sacked rene mulenstein & decided to focus more on local players/youth. there's stories too of players fighting with each other

There is def a bargain to be got there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wouldn't have Diarra at the club after he bottled staying and fighting for his place after 6 months with us. Would be ideal as DM cover for Arteta but we can do better imo. I'd like to see someone like Gustavo signed as he can cover CB too. That being said; imo so much of how well we do doesn't depend on signing Suarez but actually a CM and a CB. Arteta and Mertesacker are so crucial to this team that if we lose either of them for any prolonged period of time that'll be us scrapping for 4th again. So they are priority postions in my mind. I'd like Suarez and maybe if I was greedy a winger too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd like to know your opinion on the comment that Suarez made about the verbal agreement he had with Rodgers.

If such an agreement was made - what's your opinion of your own club?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

On a different note, I was at the game on Saturday and was reminded of how class Rosicky is.

It's been said before but only for injuries we would be talking about a world class player IMO.

Wenger being classless again :pac:
    "At the moment the situation is on standby," Wenger told Al Jazeera Sport.

"I heard that [Suarez is considering legal action to force a move] but this is sometimes linked with things that you don't know as a potential buyer.

"That is the story between Suarez and Liverpool and I don't know what has been said, what has been promised and what has been written and that is only Suarez and Liverpool that can decide that.

"It's nothing to do us. We have been told that the player wants to leave Liverpool and that's why we've acted."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The sheer cheek of him, how dare he not say anything about it? Disgusting club.

[/mong]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Got 4 tickets to Arsenal v Spurs on the 1st of September.:D

Hopefully will see a few new signings and Suarez watching from the corporate box :)

On a side note, if Suarez was telling the truth about Rodgers and Liverpool saying they would let him leave if they didn't qualify for the CL, then some of the Liverpool fans need to get thier coats and return to their forum!! Arsenal have acted in a professional manner and Liverpool are acting childish!

It's very hard to see your club lose their star player as we know too well, but it's harder for them in ways as they are realising that they are no longer a BIG club, just upper/mid table. When they lose Suarez they will be a lower/mid table club. Sad to see a club decline tbh, but it happens.

I'm a bit wary aswell, Suarez never said Arsenal just a CL club so no guarantees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Suarez should stay at the pool next year, two European games in wales next year like :pac:

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'd like to know your opinion on the comment that Suarez made about the verbal agreement he had with Rodgers.

If such an agreement was made - what's your opinion of your own club?

he says she says

first he said it was written down now he says it was verbal

like i said arsenal are waiting for it to become a legal matter in the hope they wont have to pay 40 million and 1.50

wenger is happy to barely talk about it because the less he goes into detail the more pressure it puts on suarez to hurry the move along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

he says she says

first he said it was written down now he says it was verbal

like i said arsenal are waiting for it to become a legal matter in the hope they wont have to pay 40 million and 1.50

wenger is happy to barely talk about it because the less he goes into detail the more pressure it puts on suarez to hurry the move along

No, Wenger NEVER goes into detail. Arsenal are a very private club when buying/selling players. Its called class and not sprouting your business in the media. See todays comments by Wenger giving nothing away.

Paul, could you please opt out of the NO FAPPING challenge in After Hours. Its making you slightly delusional and you're too tense atm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I know its pretty funny what suarez is doing to pool but do we really want a guy who could easily do it to us.

A 40 million pound plus player, id expect some professionalism, I'm don't think the risks worth it.

ulinbac wrote: »
    No, Wenger NEVER goes into detail. Arsenal are a very private club when buying/selling players. Its called class and not sprouting your business in the media. See todays comments by Wenger giving nothing away.

Paul, could you please opt out of the NO FAPPING challenge in After Hours. Its making you slightly delusional and you're too tense atm :pac:

sorry i dont understand the phrase:o

and yea i know im a little tense but i woke up this morning and heard all this crap in the headlines. think i need a pint and ill be cheery again lol

wenger has often talked about players in the media.

he has a habbit of saying how great a player they are but then refuses to comment on them. its the whole backdoor way of talking about them. arsenal players have been talking about suarez for weeks now so yea i do think they are waiting for him to push through a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think the main reason I want this deal to go through is to see what Paul's head exploding on a keyboard looks like

jester77 wrote: »

maybe because suarez is a liverpool player and liverpool dont want to sell to arsenal therefore it means jack crap that they are offering to break their transfer record

umm nope.

you mean giroud podo and wilshere

?????????????

AdamD wrote: »
    I think the main reason I want this deal to go through is to see what Paul's head exploding on a keyboard looks like

wow i would have loved to see how well you took the cesc and rvp sagas

Looks like my days on the forum could be coming to and end afterall!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement