Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: even ex players are making a show of themselves now

Robbie Fowler ‏@Robbie9Fowler 52m Had a little think...

Ah Robbie now, come on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

@danlevy1: Etienne Capoue is going to Tottenham, Toulouse president confirms. EUR 10m deal. Player still sorting contract details. Via @mohamedbouhafsi

Spurs playing a blinder.

Yep they are doing great business. We really need to land Suarez and two other good signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

@danlevy1: Etienne Capoue is going to Tottenham, Toulouse president confirms. EUR 10m deal. Player still sorting contract details. Via @mohamedbouhafsi

Spurs playing a blinder.

I am not too bothered about that but if we lose out on Gustavo to Wolfsburg I will be gutted :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I am not too bothered about that but if we lose out on Gustavo to Wolfsburg I will be gutted :rolleyes:

how can you lose out on someone that there's been no interest from whats known or even a bid on?

this is mentioned a lot, even with higuain it was said, when it looks like there was no serious offer put in for him either, when the price was known

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

All these new Spurs signings plus a redicilous 100m for Bale is astonishing work from them this summer. Sets them right up there challenging for 3rd or 4th, we really really have to land some quality and soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Michael Owen just said based on Liverpools pre
    season games they are as good as spurs and arsenal.

Ex player in talking shíte shocker

I reckon you are a pool fan ;)

More big news about Suarez at ten.

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

What's he smoking?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

Some journalist in the bt studio after the pool game saying it, think its the guardian again.

Here you go
    By Alex Hankin 7 Comments
    Luis Suarez's Liverpool contract "does not say the club HAS to sell" confirms players' union chief Gordon Taylor

7 Aug 2013 19:48
    PFA are trying to sort out that £40m trigger-clause business - but warn transfer window could slam shut on everyone's fingers

Waiting game: Luis Suarez could run out of time to get Liverpool move in this transfer windowWaiting game: Luis Suarez could run out of time to get Liverpool move in this transfer window
    Clive Brunskill
    Professional Footballers' Association chief Gordon Taylor says Luis Suarez's contract does NOT require Liverpool to sell him if they receive a bid of £40m.

The players' union chief also warned that formal escalation of the dispute would kill the player's proposed move to Arsenal - for this transfer window at least.

** Watch Football Spy video special on Suarez move to Arsenal **

Taylor has been called in by Suarez to try and seek a resolution between the player and the club over the exact meaning of the '£40million trigger' clause in the Uruguayan's contract – specifically whether it cues a sale... or merely negotiations.

And the PFA chief sees no swift resolution if the rift between club and player ends up being put before the Premier League for a ruling.

Taylor said on talkSPORT: "There are different ways it can be interpreted. If it goes to the Premier League it will take time, and the window is then closed."

Gordon TaylorGordon Taylor
    Taylor had earlier been critical of the use of 'buy-out clauses' in player contracts.

He said: "It is a delicate situation and we are trying to help.

"These buy-out clauses have caused no end of problems in the past and they continue to do so because of the way they were drafted at the time.

"He [Suarez] believes the £40million amount that is mentioned, if that is offered that gives him the right to go.

"Liverpool, from their side, are saying that is a minimum figure from which they will consider negotiation and of course they will want to keep the player, unless they replace the player with someone as good or better, which is not going to be easy in a short period of time.

"We have been asked to try and help to sort the situation out and we have been trying to do that."

Taylor later told the Press Association the contract does NOT oblige Liverpool to sell Suarez:

"If you are going to have a supposed buy-out clause it should be that, but it is different as it says if there is no qualification for the Champions League and if there is a minimum offer of £40million then the parties will get around the table to discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell.

"It quite clearly states £40million is a minimum offer for discussions, but it becomes really difficult with such clauses.

"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions but I can't say it is cast-iron buy-out clause.

"Luis is one of our members and we want to be supportive, however, he may well have thought such an offer would trigger a move.

"The interpretation is not that simple by any means and there is no guarantee of getting a (successful) result if it is referred to the Premier League.

"I just feel like in any other transfer it is better for both parties to get around the table to try to resolve it.

"You are hoping the club say 'If you are determined to go this is the figure we are looking at but if you are prepared to stay another year and you still want to go we will accept this much'.

"At the moment it is certainly festering and I don't think it is a good situation for the player or the clubs involved.

"It is not edifying and that is why I feel we had to do our best to get round the table and see if there are grounds for consideration for the move but it (the clause) is not specific and 100% certain.

"We are in touch with both parties to try to see if some resolution can be achieved that is satisfactory to both sides."

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Here you go

Cheers, basically what we already knew.

I think what Taylor has said there is fair enough

Cheers, basically what we already knew.

Yeah, Suarez was talking nonsense about getting the premier league involved.

I reckon a lot of what he has said is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Here you go

But that's not new news really I read that this morning, if there's word on more breaking need surely it must be something else?

But that's not new news really I read that this morning, if there's word on more breaking need surely it must be something else?

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough

I like Suarez as a player but the longer this goes on the more I tire of all the bull**** and animosity and wish we had just bought huguain early on.

• Advertisement

Kopwatch ‏@KOPWATCH 1m
    Real have contacted #LFC over #Suarez. Liverpool will take a lesser fee and a player from re

why would he not go to the PL?

taylor says it not 'cast-iron' but 'The interpretation is not that simple by any means and there is no guarantee of getting a (successful) result if it is referred to the Premier League'

if its open to interpretation why would he not push it?
    just like the law it depends on which judge is interpreting it

could come down to who's more 'in' with the PL board or whoever, l'pool or arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

batistuta9 wrote: »

taylor says it not 'cast-iron' but 'The interpretation is not that simple by any means and there is no guarantee of getting a (successful) result if it is referred to the Premier League'

could come down to who's more 'in' with the PL board or whoever, l'pool or arsenal

If it goes to the premier league it won't be sorted this window

It sounds very ambigious from a legal pont of view though doesn't it? I'd be surprised if he has a case. Surely he'd be an arsenal player by now if he had concrete written proof in the contract. Remember he has done this before when he played for Groningen to try and force a move. The Dutch FA ruled against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kopwatch ‏@KOPWATCH 1m
    Real have contacted #LFC over #Suarez. Liverpool will take a lesser fee and a player from re

Game Over. :(

Posted by kopwatch.

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Posted by kopwatch.

Who's that? Bullshît???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Kopwatch ‏@KOPWATCH 1m

Wouldn't read too much into it. Doubt it's even true.

I always said we wouldn't get Suarez and just should have sealed higuan, I may be wrong but I can see real coming in, why would you not sign one of the best forwards in the world when you know he wants out and his club want to sell him abroad.

I always said we wouldn't get Suarez and just should have sealed higuan, I may be wrong but I can see real coming in, why would you not sign one of the best forwards in the world when you know he wants out and his club want to sell him abroad.

Maybe we should wait for a reputable source to confirm this before we all start committing hari-kari!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I would say you are right.... Suarez would go to Real, given a choice over us IMO. What is plan B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

You are posting things from nothing sources. Stop been negative put a smile on your face. It's looking good right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm banking on the purchase of Bale plus the expensive Spanish purchases already made will mean they won't enter the market again. If the Bale move doesn't happen though we could be in trouble.

Ah I know I am been negative, sorry ill give it a rest.

Ah I know I am been negative, sorry ill give it a rest.

Feeling a bit like that myself. Looks like fellaini will be at united, Capoue at spurs and nobody at us still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

cson wrote: »
    Game Over. :(

:pac::pac: what?? Why?

I never heard of kop watch but I only follow or listen to reputable sources on twitter not one mention of Real being in for him. Jack you need to stop posting every piece of bull**** you read before you give someone in here a heart attack ;)

:pac::pac: what?? Why?

I never heard of kop watch but I only follow or listen to reputable sources on twitter not one mention of Real being in for him. Jack you need to stop posting every piece of bull**** you read before you give someone in here a heart attack ;)

True that, my heart can't take much more either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

The start of the summer was so exciting, was looking forward to a few quality signings and i know there is plenty of time left yet but it is a bit demoralising to see so many decent players moving around for fees we could quite easily afford. I knew that these things would take time but I had hoped that any signings would be done in plenty of time with players able to settle in before opening day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Suarez won't be at Liverpool next season simple as

Ya can't leave 40+million and however much a week rot in the reserves

It's just stupid business wise

He will leave Liverpool that's for sure

It sounds very ambigious from a legal pont of view though doesn't it? I'd be surprised if he has a case. Surely he'd be an arsenal player by now if he had concrete written proof in the contract. Remember he has done this before when he played for Groningen to try and force a move. The Dutch FA ruled against him.

yeah, it is a strange one.
    the inform him of bids over 40 or have a discussion with him/consider it, is stupid from saurezs' side why would they've want something like that? it makes no sense at all.
    the champions league club technicality even sounds plausible at this stage

reading the l'pool thread last night, some gave the legal team stick but if they've managed to get something like that in, they've done a pretty good job it must be said.
    how ethically it is, what you'd have to assume is/was taking advantage of language/translation issues is another matter but the best lawyers don't tell the truth :pac:

yeah i read that recently about groningen thing, what happened on the day it was rejected though? off to ajax for a higher fee.

going to the PL with it, i think harms l'pool more than saurez. he'll not give a shít if it's rejected & he does have the whole language/interpretation thing to fall back on, a good excuse if he is just BS'ing.
    while at the same time his allegations against l'pool make them look like the guilty ones or at least in the wrong until proven otherwise (whatever about it supposed to be the other way around, this doesn't happen in the majorities thinking - being accused of rape is almost as bad as being found guity of it), which could put off some players & it couldn't be clearer that he wants out when trying to force it through like that in public, he's burning all bridges if he does it.
    for l'pools own sake the sooner he's gone the better if that's what he intends to do

in his interview he did everything but name arsenal but it was clearly them he meant, whether he really wants to go to arsenal or it was a final come get me plea to Real is another question

jonny666 wrote: »
    If it goes to the premier league it won't be sorted this window

see the second last paragraph above, if he does go to the PL i think l'pool are more likely to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I still don't think we will get Suarez.

I think we should be working on other players and hope Wenger hasn't put all his eggs in one basket. That would be sheer neglect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Trying to stay away from Suarez stuff for now so here's who may come up against in the CL.

PSV, Sociedad , Metalist, Pacos, Fenerbahce

The seeds are Arsenal, Zenit, Lyon, Schalke, Milan

Few tough looking ones there but none we should lose if I'm honest.

yeah i read that recently about groningen thing, what happened on the day it was rejected though? off to ajax for a higher offer
    see the second last paragraph above, if he does go to the PL i think l'pool are more likely to sell

The problem is. I don't think we will up or bid. And I don't think Liverpool will sell for the 40+1.

If he does end up coming to us they'd better make sure he gets proper English lessons so he can't claim the language barrier problem ever again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Suarez is going, Liverpool will happily let it run to the PFA to stall the process, they have warned it won't get sorted by the transfer window closing. I reckon he will go to Real but that it might happen in Jan after a few months of intolerable back and forth, even a possible strike.

If I was an Arsenal fan I would be thinking this is all a bit much and can we not buy someone for 40m+ who will be CL ready. I would say there is a fair degree of pressure coming from the other crowd in North London and you need someone to be available for the full season. Early CL qualifier stages especially as there are some fairly handy sides waiting in the draw.

As a liverpool fan i have no problem with Arsenal's approach, am not surprised by Suarez at all. The agent is a bit of #### for leading the player on re: his release clause and for giving Arsenal the impression that 40+1 meant it was all wrapped up. Perhaps he thought Liverpool would fold, perhaps he thought Arsenal would go large and make it a no brainer to sell. Either way he has created a hell of a situation.

Real might yet be the winner leaving Arsenal without the player they wanted and Liverpool with money they can't spend and at risk of another Carroll fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

dvemail wrote: »
    Trying to stay away from Suarez stuff for now so here's who may come up against in the CL.

PSV, Sociedad , Metalist, Pacos, Fenerbahce

The seeds are Arsenal, Zenit, Lyon, Schalke, Milan

Few tough looking ones there but none we should lose if I'm honest.

Sociedad and Fernebache are the ones too avoid(sorry, Liverpool fan but I was here and i thought i'd pipe up!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Get the pitchforks boys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Suarez won't be at Liverpool next season simple as

Ya can't leave 40+million and however much a week rot in the reserves

It's just stupid business wise

He will leave Liverpool that's for sure

Liverpool without Suarez, or Suarez replaced, will come below the 7th they came last season.

They have no cash to replace Suarez with the quality required unless they use the funds his sale will generate.

Talk of outting him in the reserves is preposterous. What club has ever, ever put a 40m+ player into the reserves to prove a point? They might say it, but its never done.

Liverpool can make this hard, or easy. If they make it hard they will go into next season with the same squad as last season except for Suarez, and come tenth.

meriwether wrote: »
    Liverpool without Suarez, or Suarez replaced, will come below the 7th they came last season.

They have no cash to replace Suarez with the quality required unless they use the funds his sale will generate.

Talk of outting him in the reserves is preposterous. What club has ever, ever put a 40m+ player into the reserves to prove a point? They might say it, but its never done.

Liverpool can make this hard, or easy. If they make it hard they will go into next season with the same squad as last season except for Suarez, and come tenth.

I'll have a sizeable bet with you on this?

jonny666 wrote: »
    The problem is. I don't think we will up or bid. And I don't think Liverpool will sell for the 40+1.

If he does end up coming to us they'd better make sure he gets proper English lessons so he can't claim the language barrier problem ever again!!

thats possible but i think going public/to the PL really puts it to l'pool

wishful thinking i suppose but i could see them going in with one more but not too higher than what they've already offered

like has been said it looks familiar to arsenal fans:
    2011 - fabregas & nasri
    2012 - v.persie (he only wanted to join one team and there only one in for saurez)

he's leaving l'pool sooner rather than later, whether they've the balls to keep him short term remains to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I'll have a sizeable bet with you on this?

25k alright?

Have you proof of funds?

• Advertisement

meriwether wrote: »
    25k alright?

Have you proof of funds?

Ill raise you 25k+1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement