Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Brendan laying on the mawkish blather with a trowel:
    Meanwhile, journalists assembled at the Ullevaal Stadium quizzed Rodgers about Luis Suarez.

The manager replied: "My conversations with players will always remain private. I'll never disclose any conversation between a player and I.

"In terms of the remarks that were made, this is a football club that has always worked a certain way. The Liverpool Way is all about a club with ambition, a club that strives to be the very best, a club that is about commitment - that means that everyone is committed to the cause of fighting for the shirt.

"It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club, on and off the field, and it's about unity.

"Those are the four values that run through my mind when I think about Liverpool. Those are the values we will always retain. If anyone steps outside of that standard, I will deal with it. That's something that we'll do.

"It means that we have a standard at Liverpool that I will fight for my life to retain. There will never be any player or person bigger than the club."

Rodgers continued: "Professionally, Luis Suarez has given me everything since I came into the football club, but there is obviously a way in which you have to speak. This is a club that has offered Luis Suarez the utmost respect since the day he walked through the door.

"That's something that over the course of the coming weeks you need to have when you work for Liverpool Football Club. You've got supporters and players that have given Luis Suarez absolutely everything - they backed him to the hilt.

"Even at the weekend, when we had Steven Gerrard's testimonial game, the supporters raised the roof for him. That's something that I will always fight to retain at the football club, because that is what Liverpool is about - respect, humility and real dignity."

Thank fuck our manager is Wenger.

meriwether wrote: »
    25k alright?

Have you proof of funds?

€50 so :)

Ill raise you 25k+1.

What are you smoking?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    €50 so :)

I thought you said sizable?

I thought you said sizable?

Sizeable enough,I'll go €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Shît just got real :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 4m
    Apparently Rodgers has had enough of Suarez and is ready to let him go. Causing trouble in the camp. Other players are appalled.
    Expand

Interesting, this is definitely gonna drag out though.

25k.

OK, 20k.

Final offer.

25k.

OK, 20k.

Final offer.

Was thinking you were full of it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

AdamD wrote: »
    Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 4m
    Apparently Rodgers has had enough of Suarez and is ready to let him go. Causing trouble in the camp. Other players are appalled.
    Expand

Interesting, this is definitely gonna drag out though.

We have to go to £50m. The PFA thing didn't work out and we're not going to get him at £40m. Bid £50m and both clubs come out of it looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reading flamini is training with us, wonder where this will end!

Was thinking you were full of it ;)

Do frequently bet with strangers on the internet?

Do you frequently offer to do so? Do you find it surprising that people refuse to entertain such daftness?

Or do you make silly offers of bets to people, and when they logically ignore such nonsense, you judge this to be confirmation your original point to be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The Suarez thing was fun I enjoyed the banter

Now I'm bored

Sign, don't sign

Who cares anymore

Do frequently bet with strangers on the internet?

Do you frequently offer to do so? Do you find it surprising that people refuse to entertain such daftness?

Or do you make silly offers of bets to people, and when they logically ignore such nonsense, you judge this to be confirmation your original point to be correct?

Bets go on all the time here, no big deal. Bit of fun, a lot of them end up being charity bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Now I'm bored

Sign, don't sign

Who cares anymore

Feeling the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

In other news Arshavin scored tonight for Zenit. (Must keep mind off transfers or will self destruct:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Now I'm bored

Sign, don't sign

Who cares anymore

I do, I want a top striker that can score us goals. Going into a league season with Donkey Giroud is scary, takes the man 20 chances to score one goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Looper007 wrote: »
    I do, I want a top striker that can score us goals. Going into a league season with Donkey Giroud is scary, takes the man 20 chances to score one goal.

We'll be going in the league season with Giroud regardless.

Looper007 wrote: »

We need more than a top striker we need quality and quantity, were a few injuries away from a complete crisis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What an absolute crock of shit this summer has been. Its a week to the start of the season FFS. I almost would have preferred Barca to have been sniffing after one of our players, at least I'm used to that. Its actually more painful watching our rivals strengthen while we sit on our hands doing sweet fa.

• Advertisement

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think Liverpool will sell to us whatever the price - John W Henry will see to that. This transfer window has been an enormous f*ck-up; we shouldve got Higuain and moved from there. I predict no new signings (the guys on trial do not count) before the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have loads of money though.

Wenger won't spend it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    What an absolute crock of shit this summer has been. Its a week to the start of the season FFS. I almost would have preferred Barca to have been sniffing after one of our players, at least I'm used to that. Its actually more painful watching our rivals strengthen while we sit on our hands doing sweet fa.

I could have even lived with that as im used to it now but we had to endure what has turned out to be bullcrap from Gazidis about our new spending power. Pure spin to sell more season tickets. We could face losing Koscielny, perhaps even Walcott and Wilshere down the line now due to our stinginess this summer and it would be good enough for us.

keano_afc wrote: »

An absolute disgrace it is. We should of been clever and done all our business early, had the new arrivals keyed into the way we play for our first league game. I don't like to keep banging on about Spurs but look at how they have gone about there business, no fcuking about like us and they will have all there new players well adjusted by the time they play us in 3 weeks time!!!

I could have even lived with that as im used to it now but we had to endure what has turned out to be bullcrap from Gazidis about our new spending power. Pure spin to sell more season tickets. We could face losing Koscielny, perhaps even Walcott and Wilshere down the line now due to our stinginess this summer and it would be good enough for us.

It's clearly not Gazidis. Wenger dictates the transfer policy. Every Arsenal blog I can think of is putting this squarely on Arsene.

If we don't sign anybody I would love to see the stadium half empty for our first home game!! For the prices we pay for a ticket I think its the least we deserve to see the club competing on and off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arseblog right on the money:

@arseblog: We had the platform and the resources to make a big statement this summer. That statement appears to be: We don't have a f*cking clue.

• Advertisement

Look at this chap, you can see how much its hurting him to see the way the club has gone, its an absolute disgrace that its been left so long to bring in new players!

It's clearly not Gazidis. Wenger dictates the transfer policy. Every Arsenal blog I can think of is putting this squarely on Arsene.

I have to be honest i find it really hard to get my head around the concept of a manager unwilling to spend money to strengthen his squad. In fairness he has been stung in the past with Franny Jeffers, Jose Reyes and Arshavin all costing big bucks and letting us down with a big bang but he surely has a sense of realism with regards to adding to the squad at the very least. He surely surely to god doesnt think that a squad who barely scraped 4th can challenge for the title this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wow this thread went negative very quickly!

Or maybe it went realistic.

I have to be honest i find it really hard to get my head around the concept of a manager unwilling to spend money to strengthen his squad. In fairness he has been stung in the past with Franny Jeffers, Jose Reyes and Arshavin all costing big bucks and letting us down with a big bang but he surely has a sense of realism with regards to adding to the squad at the very least. He surely surely to god doesnt think that a squad who barely scraped 4th can challenge for the title this year?

I think he's lost the plot and the fact that he runs like the place like a dictatorship with no opposition only compounds matter. What the hell are we doing offering a 26-year-old from Ligue 2 a trial rather than bidding for Gustavo? Have we any bids whatsoever outside the forward position other than Lars Bender, all summer? This is 2011 all over: we're heading for a humbling and a Sept trolley dash.

Even if we were to buy now im wondering will it be more Santos type panic buys because all of the decent available buys are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

@arseblog: We had the platform and the resources to make a big statement this summer. That statement appears to be: We don't have a f*cking clue.

Love this, actually cheered me up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This is a quote from Rogers

"What we are trying to do is get the correct value for a player. The reality is we don't want to sell Luis Suarez, it's as simple as that.

Wtf does he mean by that? Do they want to sell or not!!

I reckon he is goina hand in a transfer request soon. No way he'll apologise

I've tried to stay positive. 9 days to go. 180million in the bank. No signings. Our closest rivals strengthen. We do ****ing nothing.
    Its terrible.

What. The. Absolute. Fu ck. Is Wenger up to.

The Times claim Spurs are gonna move for Willian. Now that is a well-run, ambitious club.

bad2dabone wrote: »

What. The. Absolute. Fu ck. Is Wenger up to.
    33ufod2.jpg

• Advertisement

Classic gringo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Maybe Wenger won't bid for Gustavo because he feels that he won't fit in properly.

And I don't want to hear "He definitely would fit in well" or "We need a player exactly like him" because nobody knows for sure until it actually happens. The same people could be slating him a year later.

So maybe Wenger feels it isn't a wise decision.

All joking aside, why aren't we in for the likes of Gustavo, Cesar or Fellaini etc, these are players that can improve our starting XI and are very much gettable. Its really frustrating especially after been promised so much at the start of the summer :confused:

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Maybe Wenger won't bid for Gustavo because he feels that he won't fit in properly.

And I don't want to hear "He definitely would fit in well" or "We need a player exactly like him" because nobody knows for sure until it actually happens. The same people could be slating him a year later.

So maybe Wenger feels it isn't a wise decision.

No player in world football is certain to fit in at any giving club its the risk you take and at 10 million it is certainly a risk we should take, sure we still havent even touched the RVP transfer money yet.

Spurs Capoue, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli.

Arsenal Sanogo.

Do you think they'll get the extra point they need this season?

Genuine question: If we get off to a good start in the PL, will Arsene buy at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hate to join in the negativity and we'll see what happens come the end of the window but good christ I really empathise with that tweet. It'll be sickeningly ironic if the season where we didn't have to deal with Cesc/Nasri/RVP ****e and actually had a truckload of cash to spend is the season where we drop out of the top 4. And its looking likely now given the way Spurs are strengthening their team. If the new signings bed in, they probably have a better team than us right now.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Spurs Capoue, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli.

Arsenal Sanogo.

Do you think they'll get the extra point they need this season?

Moving for Willian next too.

How is no one going for Fellaini though? A relatively cheap reported buy out clause for a top player with loads of PL experience. Arsenal should have moved on to another target the minute Liverpool turned down the offer for Suarez but it would seem its part of the ploy so they can say to the supporters group at the next meeting 'Well we tried, but they just wouldnt sell'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Give that pic a rest it was mildly funny a few years ago now it's just old ;)

Going by a lot of people in here we should have bought every player reportedly available and all them fifty players would have been the perfect fit :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement