Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

gosplan wrote: »
    Wenger doesn't give a **** though. Suarez is his attempt to placate the fans. Expect a lot of 'potential' to be signed on deadline day, aside from that, it's Suarez or nothing big.

Without Suarez or any big signing we haven't a hope of improving on 4th. Wenger should give a **** but he doesn't. Too many years of being rewarded for mediocrity have led to his current unambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I hate this thread :( It's been a 24/7 meltdown for the last while

Things are not that bad

TheGunns wrote: »

Things are not that bad

This was inevitable. We all expected signings by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

People calling it as they see it isn't a meltdown, it's resignation and more accurately just downright disappointment.

Check out the Liverpool thread if you want to see meltdown, they were bickering about the rules of subtraction and addition yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's very disappointing but it's hard to see anyone coming in that can push us up to genuine title contender status. 3 - 4 top class signings could have done it but it seems we didn't bother for the most part.

Suarez on his own would be a worthwhile addition ability-wise (not getting into the other side of him) but realistically we need bolstering in defence and midfield as well. Felt Napoli cut us open far too easily, fair enough it was a friendly, but the need for a powerful midfield stopper who can also play ball has never gone away imo and once again we find ourselves heading into a season a couple of injuries away from playing Inanimate Carbon Rod at centre-half.

Sad to see that a lot of the optimism of May/June has been sapped out of us already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

People calling it as they see it isn't a meltdown, it's resignation and more accurately just downright disappointment.

Check out the Liverpool thread if you want to see meltdown, they were bickering about the rules of subtraction and addition yesterday.

Haha really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Things are not that bad
    The world is f*cked. F*CKED I tell ya. There is no point anymore . F*CKED

**oh look a rabbit:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im re watching The Walking Dead atm and its more cheerful than this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Too many years of being rewarded for mediocrity have led to his current unambition.

I wouldn't say that's the reason or that he lacks ambition.

He's always been like this and his ambition is to build a winning squad. I'd say what the money means to him is that he can sign the next Mata rather than lose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

That was some awful posting yesterday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

i wonder would the mods be up to rename the LFC thread to the humour thread - might help the strain on the forum

gosplan wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that's the reason or that he lacks ambition.

He's always been like this and his ambition is to build a winning squad. I'd say what the money means to him is that he can sign the next Mata rather than lose out.

We lost out on the actual Mata two years ago because he wouldn't spend enough for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

jonny666 wrote: »
    its been said here already. It not just Arsenal involved.

Who else is involved so? City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool have all strengthened to try and catch up with Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This was inevitable. We all expected signings by now.

The board and manager gave assurances the squad would be strenghtened. It hasnt and we are a week away from the start of the season. Honestly, how else are the supporters supposed to feel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

We lost out on the actual Mata two years ago because he wouldn't spend enough for him.

It was a 'Mata of Fact' back then. We were confident he would sign for Liverpool
    Great player too

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Who else is involved so? City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool have all strengthened to try and catch up with Man Utd.

Have City strengthend? Or replaced people leaving. Chelsea havent signed anyone. Liverpool havent strengthend really. They've added to their squad. Mostly to replace people gone. Spurs have but with bale leaving they are standing still. Like us with RVP last year. Have a bit of paitence. Every time a player is linked with another club on twitter you come on here moaning why we didnt sign him. You never give a thought to the quality of player. You just want them to spend money for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have City strengthend? Or replaced people leaving. Chelsea havent signed anyone. Liverpool havent strengthend really. They've added to their squad. Mostly to replace people gone. Spurs have but with bale leaving they are standing still. Like us with RVP last year. Have a bit of paitence. Every time a player is linked with another club on twitter you come on here moaning why we didnt sign him. You never give a thought to the quality of player. You just want them to spend money for the sake of it.

City have spent 90m, they've definitely strengthened. Spurs have also definitely strengthened and we can't assume Bale's going yet. At this moment in time they've a better squad than us, they were 1 point behind us in the league and have added 2 starters and at least 1 squad player. Somebody will inevitably tell me that we hear this every year but the fact that its gotten to this when the club has 180m in the bank and has chopped 400k a week off the wage bill is inexcusable.

The only players I have moaned about not signing is Higuain, Cesar and Gustavo and all these players would go straight into our starting XI and made us a better team and would of cost less than 45 million which leaves plenty of funds left for a centre back and a winger which is badly needed. All the teams that finished above us last season and very close to us have strengthened, sure even if they didn't add to there squad (Utd,City and Chelsea) they would be still miles ahead of us.

People banging on here that we only need 1 top player and the rest squad players are absolutely bonkers and must of not watched us play last season.

The only players I have moaned about not signing is Higuain, Cesar and Gustavo and all these players would go straight into our starting XI and made us a better team and would of cost less than 45 million which leaves plenty of funds left for a centre back and a winger which is badly needed. All the teams that finished above us last season and very close to us have strengthened, sure even if they didn't add to there squad (Utd,City and Chelsea) they would be still miles ahead of us.

ffs they havent even moved clubs yet!

Higuain fair enough. I wanted him myself but we've been misled by an agent (surprise surprise) over the whole clause. We'd all be saying Wenger is a genius for passing on Higuain and getting Suarez for 5 million more. It didnt work out and what the club does next is vital. With Suarez its goina go down to the last day or two.

ffs they havent even moved clubs yet!

Wolfsburg in advanced talks with Gustavo with no mention of us in the mix. A measley 10 million is all he would cost and would be a replacement and improvement on Song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ramsey was asked today at the members day thing what he thought of Tottenham, his response was 'fifth', haha

Wolfsburg in advanced talks with Gustavo with no mention of us in the mix. A measley 10 million is all he would cost and would be a replacement and improvement on Song.

Doesn't want to compete for a starting place in World Cup year

If i set up a fake twitter account and link is to aload of players will that keep you happy till the window shuts

You gotta get off twitter

Doesn't want to compete for a starting place in World Cup year

I find that hard to believe, 38 apps for the best team in the world last season I dont think he would have to compete that much to get into our team as we haven't a natural DMF at the club that is good enough to start for us.

You gotta get off twitter

I don't use twitter.

Would gustavo improve us from what I read he is more kicker than ball player

Don't no much about him so genuine question

Before anyone says we need a kicker, our deep lying midfielder sets up the play so he needs to be able to play ball

I don't use twitter.

Give me a link so to the Gustavo reports

If i set up a fake twitter account and link is to aload of players will that keep you happy till the window shuts

What are you talking about man? I don't want to be linked with anybody I want the club to stop acting the boll0cks in the transfer market and buy players that will have us challenging for trophies, is that much to ask for after the torment we have been through the past 8 seasons :confused:

• Advertisement

I find that hard to believe, 38 apps for the best team in the world last season I dont think he would have to compete that much to get into our team as we haven't a natural DMF at the club that is good enough to start for us.

Why is he being sold for 10million if he is so good? And to Wolfsburg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So Carra saying he seen Suarez in training last week and he was in a huff not making any effort while at the same time Rodgers had said he was in great spirits and training hard, hmmm they want to consult each other before speaking!

What are you talking about man? I don't want to be linked with anybody I want the club to stop acting the boll0cks in the transfer market and buy players that will have us challenging for trophies, is that much to ask for after the torment we have been through the past 8 seasons :confused:

Well when every other club gets LINKED to a player you come in here crying blue murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So Carra saying he seen Suarez in training last week and he was in a huff not making any effort while at the same time Rodgers had said he was in great spirits and training hard, hmmm they want to consult each other before speaking!

Well Rodgers can hardly come out and say he is moping about in training!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I thought the Wolfsburg director came out and said he thought they probably won't be able to finalise the deal because some other bigger teams are going to come in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah. That was my point.

• Advertisement

What has 10 million got to do with anything? You do know we got Gilberto Silva for 3.5 million. Price hasn't got a thing to do with quality, circumstances have him at such a cheap price especially as Bayern have splashed out on Goetze and Thiago.

Chelsea are in for him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well Rodgers can hardly come out and say he is moping about in training!!

Oh I know, gotta feel a bit for pool their been made out to be liars and seems to be people saying different things to the other.

I thought the Wolfsburg director came out and said he thought they probably won't be able to finalise the deal because some other bigger teams are going to come in for him.

This is exactly my point. Its not done yet.

Well when every other club gets LINKED to a player you come in here crying blue murder

Frustration :o

What has 10 million got to do with anything? You do know we got Gilberto Silva for 3.5 million. Price hasn't got a thing to do with quality, circumstances have him at such a cheap price especially as Bayern have splashed out on Goetze and Thiago.

If youre going with Chelsea being in for him, then why are you so adamant that we're not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There was Chelsea rumours 2/3 weeks ago but nothing has come about so far, I'd be surprised if we were in for him TBH, unless we ship Mikel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was mentioned in here a few weeks back but is anybody going to the Mercantile to watch our games, may head in next Saturday for a few scoops for the Villa match.

Was mentioned in here a few weeks back but is anybody going to the Mercantile to watch our games, may head in next Saturday for a few scoops for the Villa match.

I wouldnt exactly say your the best company to be watching an arsenal match with

I wouldnt exactly say your the best company to be watching an arsenal match with

Hahaha I'm not that bad :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well that's not very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Hahaha I'm not that bad :)

Haha..

Do you travel for many of the games?

symbolic wrote: »
    Haha..

Do you travel for many of the games?

Have never been to The Emirates unfortunately but I will be going in October for the Norwich game buzzing for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Have never been to The Emirates unfortunately but I will be going in October for the Norwich game buzzing for it :D

Ah cool. You'll enjoy that. Suppose to be a wonderful stadium.

Maybe you'll bump into Arsene and he can answer for "the torment" he has put you through the last 8 seasons. I wonder what he'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Supposedly signed El Jadeyaoui, if you dont laugh you will cry :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement