Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I still believe Liverpool will sell but only if they get an offer they couldn't turn down. So unless we're prepared to increase our bid by 20 - 30 million we should drop our interest now and try somehow to recover this disastrous window before it turns into an absolute catastrophe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The club are seriously going to have to pull something spectacular out of the hat in the next few weeks or there'll be absolute murder.

Not that it really matters, butwhat I don't get about this clause business. It supposedly says that if a bid over 40m is made then Liverpool have to at least sit down and consider the bid with the team making it. However they seemingly have rejected it out of hand and won't even consider it according to themselves, which surely is then in breach of the clause? If not then there is absolutely no point whatsoever to it, as it seemingly can't be breached by Liverpool.

Not all teams are as spineless as us. Whatever happens to Suarez, he won't be sold to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Also reading Suarez had a 2 hour meeting and apologized to Liverpool and will make a public apology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Reading that statement it seems Liverpool are a cult. I actually hate them, not because they wont sell Suarez - that's their decision but because they're a sanctimonious shower of pompus GOWLS.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FearDark wrote: »
    Reading that statement it seems Liverpool are a cult. I actually hate them, not because they wont sell Suarez - that's their decision but because they're a sanctimonious shower of pompus GOWLS.

Aw, diddums.

FearDark wrote: »

Not all clubs bend over at the sight of a chequebook like we do.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Haha for Fcuk sake, that was the most predictable press release ever and so was the hyperbole reaction from Liverpool and arsenal fans.

Us Arsenal fans should know better we have heard all this before Nasri, RVP etc relax he's hardly going to admit Yeh were going to sell him, all he is doing is trying to drive up the prive of his player in the same way we did. anyone who really thinks Suarez will be a Liverpool player next season after everything that has gone on is off there rocker.

He might not play for Liverpool again but you're kidding yourself if you think he'll play for us imo.

They will sell if the numbers are big enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Haha for Fcuk sake, that was the most predictable press release ever and so was the hyperbole reaction from Liverpool and arsenal fans.

Us Arsenal fans should know better we have heard all this before Nasri, RVP etc relax he's hardly going to admit Yeh were going to sell him, all he is doing is trying to drive up the prive of his player in the same way we did. anyone who really thinks Suarez will be a Liverpool player next season after everything that has gone on is off there rocker.

I really admire your positivity mate because most people on here including myself are in full scale panic mode. Ah sure we have a Morrocan lad on trial at the minute a player who didnt make the grade at Blackburn Rovers so we should be okay!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Not all teams are as spineless as us. Whatever happens to Suarez, he won't be sold to us.

I'm not saying they have to sell. It just seems so weird that the 'clause' is even there if it literally doesn't even need to be considered.

I would hope that if they are to give up on Suarez, that they go for a winger and striker instead rather than one big player, because there aren't really any left available. And then a midfielder and defensive cover.

All I can say again is thank fuck I'm going away on holiday on Saturday so I'll be away from all this shit for a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    They will sell if the numbers are big enough

Not to us. Henry even openly mocked whatever our next bid might be. Suarez to Arsenal is dead, period. We need to move on immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Also reading Suarez had a 2 hour meeting and apologized to Liverpool and will make a public apology.

Ha you been reading kopwatch again?

Yeh it's not like Liverpool have been down this road before oh wait they have they refused to sell Torres then bent over once they got the money wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Suarez will have to put in a transfer request now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ha you been reading kopwatch again?

Yeh it's not like Liverpool have been down this road before oh wait they have they refused to sell Torres then bent over once they got the money wanted.
    Just accept it mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wenger better get the finger and making some ****ing signings. He's dragging our club down. I'm really losing the will with Wenger's lies and lack of spending. Spures and Liverpool have spent and Wenger comes out with "our Team is capable of winning the league" :rolleyes:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I really admire your positivity mate because most people on here including myself are in full scale panic mode. Ah sure we have a Morrocan lad on trial at the minute a player who didnt make the grade at Blackburn Rovers so we should be okay!!!!

Hey someone has to try be positive :) although all the negativity in this thread does even make me feel depressed at times :p

Not to us.

Because we won't bid enough. And maybe selling RVP was spineless. But we purchased Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud with the money. A better position than having a miserable Dutchman playing in the reserves as we missed out on Champions League. But at least we would have displayed our spine.

Just accept it mate!

Well see ;)

Suarez will have to put in a transfer request now

He may well do but it won't mean fcuk all to Arsenal.

If the Arsenal board have any sense they'll go after another target, the money is there. Otherwise you'll be left high and dry.

• Advertisement

Are we the only club who sells there best players consistently to there closest rivals?? Even Spurs wouldnt sell Modric to Chelski. There is something very wrong going on at the club and im said to say im onky starting to realise it now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

We will spend money, but i don't know if we will get anyone good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Are we the only club who sells there best players consistently to there closest rivals?? Even Spurs wouldnt sell Modric to Chelski. There is something very wrong going on at the club and im said to say im onky starting to realise it now!!

all the players arsenal sold had a year left on their contracts, except fabregas

Even Walcott said today at the presser that if we dont bring anybody in we are still capable of challenging because they showed what they were made of towards the end of last season. Sorry Theo but I hate to tell you, it was painful to watch us at times!! Seriously deluded!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This place will be fun for a while

batistuta9 wrote: »
    all the players arsenal sold had a year left on their contracts, except fabregas

And Song. I have no idea why we sold Song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

**** it like, im sick of it.

Liverpool can **** up if they think they look good ot of this, their best player wants to join us and they are forcing him to stay so they can get in the top 4 and bring back the 'famous European nights'. Well an actual club who doesn't boast and act like a shower of tools sells their best player and sill manages to do it.

Standard Liverpool nobody is bigger than the club sanctimonious bull as well with all their Shankly spirit. If nobody is bigger than the club sell the player and stop talking rot as usual.

Suarez isn't worth this anymore, let him rot in the reserves or whatever and let us move on. The club did try in fairness but I honestly don't see the point in dealing with it.

Outstanding!! :eek:

FWIW, I bear ye no ill will in all of this. Your club got a strong lead and made a decent offer. It's all fair behaviour imo.

greendom wrote: »
    Because we won't bid enough. And maybe selling RVP was spineless. But we purchased Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud with the money. A better position than having a miserable Dutchman playing in the reserves as we missed out on Champions League. But at least we would have displayed our spine.

And then United finished 19 pts ahead of us with RVP and we secured 4th by one point on the final day of the season. Yep, well done us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair play to Henry coming out and saying Suarez isnt going to be sold.
    He contradicted Rodgers/Ayre who I think said they'd sell but at a much higher price.

The Chairman is the boss, what he says goes and this is what Arsenal have lacked.

Leadership from the very top.

We purchased them before we sold RvP so his and Songs transfer fee is still sitting in the bank gathering dust.

Even Walcott said today at the presser that if we dont bring anybody in we are still capable of challenging because they showed what they were made of towards the end of last season. Sorry Theo but I hate to tell you, it was painful to watch us at times!! Seriously deluded!

God bless 'em they mean well but I do think seriously deep down inside them they know they are talking rubbish. Giroud leading the attack taking one chance out of the 20 he gets :(, A few serious injuries to key players and we're screwed. I'm fed up been miserable every summer seen the club I support accept defeat.

• Advertisement

Because they offered stupid money for an incredibly average player and realised it themselves once they got him.

Atreta is a much better player

Because they offered stupid money for an incredibly average player and realised it themselves once they got him.

Nope, he was looking to get away and was a bad influence on training.

Atreta is a better player. But I still would have kept Song in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

One ray of light in all of this is that Henry said the same thing two weeks before Torres left for Chelsea.
    And if nobody else is in for Suarez come the end of the window they may have no choice but to sell to us. He has blown up his bridges at the club.

It's easier doing this tomorrow

I have learned from experienced

Emotions running high

Let them rant tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He was lazy disruptive and as has been seen at barca, not that good.
    No loss.

But we're still shockingly inept at transfers. It would be a monumental turn around for Henry to sell suarez now and he'll look like a tool if he does. he won't sell.

Either way this whole saga has been ****e for both clubs.

For how long though? Arteta's 31, Song is 25. I think Wenger put all his faith in Diaby because god forbid he sell a player and then re-invest the transfer fee in a new player in the same position. All of our players, incl Wilshere and Walcott, will be sold to anyone if they offer the board enough money.

Looper007 wrote: »
    God bless 'em they mean well but I do think seriously deep down inside them they know they are talking rubbish. Giroud leading the attack taking one chance out of the 20 he gets :(, A few serious injuries to key players and we're screwed. I'm fed up been miserable every summer seen the club I support accept defeat.

Im even thinking twice of going to see them in October, im sure me hard earned could go to better use than lining the pockets of the board especially with Christmas close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

bad2dabone wrote: »

Either way this whole saga has been ****e for both clubs.

+1

Yup

We might as well get ready for a season of fighting for 4th, getting knocked out of the cups by minnows and Wenger getting the sack while still sprouting the crap he's done for the past few years.

Go to the Emirates gringo you won't regret it.

• Advertisement

Im even thinking twice of going to see them in October, im sure me hard earned could go to better use than lining the pockets of the board especially with Christmas close by.

You will regret that for a long time

If you have the chance to go then go

First season I've decided not to go, spend big money on tickets and watching a average team ain't for me. Sky sport's and Espn in the comfort of my own home will do.

You will regret that for a long time

If you have the chance to go then go

Go to Madrid Munich or Barcelona, you see better football and see the best players.

First season I've decided not to go, spend big money on tickets and watching a average team ain't for me. Sky sport's and Espn in the comfort of my own home will do.

What kind of fans are ye??

I will be there next Saturday regardless of who is signed or what 11 takes to the field

I will sing my heart out

I will do the same everytime I go over regardless of how the season is going

I'm a fan of arsenal football club and proud of it

Nothing or no one will stop me from supporting my club and been there every chance I get

We might as well get ready for a season of fighting for 4th, getting knocked out of the cups by minnows and Wenger getting the sack while still sprouting the crap he's done for the past few years.

Why would he be sacked.? Spends no money, achieves cl for 15 straight seasons.
    For a yank like Kronke who is only interested in money and has no connection to the club emotionally or to football this is the ideal. What does Kronke care if we're stagnant.?
    if the situation was reversed Kronke would have bitten Pools hand off at a 40m offer.

Go to Madrid Munich or Barcelona, you see better football and see the best players.

As a supporter you sicken me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Serious over reaction in here lads.

We can now look forward to spending 15m on 3 or 4 mediocre players on transfer deadline day that may or may not get us 4th place next season. The same way we have for the last couple of years really...

Rooney, Higuain, Suarez. Who needs em!

Bring on the 4th place trophy, yay.

Lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I know people and aren't happy about it and just see it as panic buying, but I don't expect to see any more transfers before 31st of August.

Even if it is "panic buying", if we can get players of similar quality as we did the last time we panic bought, i.e. Arteta, Mertesacker and to a lesser extent Bennayoun, I will be more than happy.

• Advertisement

farna_boy wrote: »
    I know people and aren't happy about it and just see it as panic buying, but I don't expect to see any more transfers before 31st of August.

Even if it is "panic buying", if we can get players of similar quality as we did the last time we panic bought, i.e. Arteta, Mertesacker and to a lesser extent Bennayoun, I will be more than happy.

Why would you be more than happy with that? Don't you want us to challenge for the title?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement