Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Good morning

How are we today :):)

Should of gave it a few more hours to settle ;).

I'm not advocating this transfer window at all despite my positivity I'm just not ready to or see the point in going into meltdown mode yet :) I still believe we will sign players and don't think we have heard the end of the Suarez saga by a long shot, despite what your man up the road said last night.

Anyway night shift finished about to hit the leaba hoping to wake up and see we drew Metalist but kinda expecting to see we got Sociedad and pages full of meltdowns :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

jonny666 wrote: »
    A lot of talk from John W. Henry, but we've heard it all before. They will sell. To late in the window is a joke. They sold Torres on transfer deadline day ffs

not to arsenal though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

jonny666 wrote: »
    A lot of talk from John W. Henry, but we've heard it all before. They will sell. To late in the window is a joke. They sold Torres on transfer deadline day ffs

And we bought carroll as his replacement. Im confident henry wouldn't want that to happen again. It was the right time to sell torres when we did £50 mill for a striker long out of form was the best business the club has ever done, its how it was spent was the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

lol, so Liverpool will probably be stuck with him now. And I thought we were having a bad summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I couldn't give a sh1t at this stage and I nearly hope we don't sign anyone.

This whole thing is further putting me off top-level football.

The game has no soul anymore.

Being a supporter, bragging rights, trophies - what's the point if it's just because we were prepared to spend way too much on a character like Suarez.

Arsenal will come out of this with integrity in the transfer market but they know who they're trying to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Paulegend wrote: »
    not to arsenal though;)

Not because of any rivalry thats for sure. Will be because of money

jester77 wrote: »
    lol, so Liverpool will probably be stuck with him now. And I thought we were having a bad summer :D

yea stuck with a striker who scores goals for fun. poor liverpool:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No way back at Liverpool for Suarez

The only good thing for ye is that ye will get around 40m for him in January if ye keep him

But his Liverpool career is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'd say he'll force his way out like he did at Ajax. We won't be getting him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Tevez did worse and he was welcomed back with open arms. Scoring goals changes peoples minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm amazed that there are fans that still stand up for him and think that someone who has shown nothing but disrespect should be allowed wear the jersey again. I would have thought that no one player is bigger than the club... but maybe that is not the case with Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

worst case scenario:
    Real switch targets from Bale to Suarez.
    Bale stays at Spurs.

Spurs title challenge.

Horriffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bad2dabone wrote: »
    worst case scenario:
    Bale stays at Spurs.

Spurs title challenge.

Horriffic.

or arsenal get knocked out in the CL qualifiers, then its revealed saurez could've or can join a CL club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

HazDanz wrote: »
    40 mil bid for a player is not trying to spend money?

It's not just about Suarez as I said in many other posts.
    Where are the attempts/bids on the other players we clearly need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This has been a disaster so far. But amongst the board and Wenger there are plenty of very well paid people who now have to earn their corn and bring in players to make us title challengers. Just bloody do it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bad2dabone wrote: »
    worst case scenario:
    Bale stays at Spurs.

Spurs title challenge.

Horriffic.

Even if Bale stays I'm confident that wont happen at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looks like yous boys are stuck with me! Won't say I told yous so!

greendom wrote: »
    This has been a disaster so far. But amongst the board and Wenger there are plenty of very well paid people who now have to earn their corn and bring in players to make us title challengers. Just bloody do it !

It's not a disaster, it's just the poor way the club policy has become.
    Why announce that we have loads of money yet not spend it?
    Leave the Suarez issue aside for a moment and try figure why we haven't filled the other gaping holes that are evident to many over the last number of years, the biggest of them being a DM. Now we will begin the year it seems (unless there is a trolley dash as some lads have called it) with only two fit CD's.
    Is Wenger going to rely on the rookies at the club to fill gaping holes which will occur with injuries? If so then we are indeed in trouble but don't let anyone panic just yet. We have a week left before we face Villa.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd say that getting through the qualifier will open a lot of doors in terms of signings.

Pretty simple if he don strengthen he gets the bullet

But he will strengthen so nothing to worry about

• Advertisement

Leave the Suarez issue aside for a moment and try figure why we haven't filled the other gaping holes that are evident to many over the last number of years, the biggest of them being a DM. Now we will begin the year it seems (unless there is a trolley dash as some lads have called it) with only two fit CD's.
    Is Wenger going to rely on the rookies at the club to fill gaping holes which will occur with injuries? If so then we are indeed in trouble but don't let anyone panic just yet. We have a week left before we face Villa.

After been reporterd were not after a centre back but were after a right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wenger being in the last year of his contract worries me more than the lack of signing. I wonder if its related.

It's a disaster in that the majority of the new recruits should already be assimilated into the club (like at City) training and playing friendlies with their team mates so we can hit the ground running.

I'll be happy enough though if come the end of August/beginning of Sept we have 3/4 new players who can walk straight into the first team.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wenger being in the last year of his contract worries me more than the lack of signing. I wonder if its related.

If he is undermining Ivan he should be sacked

It's a disaster in that the majority of the new recruits should already be assimilated into the club (like at City) training and playing friendlies with their team mates so we can hit the ground running.

I'll be happy enough though if come the end of August/beginning of Sept we have 3/4 new players who can walk straight into the first team.

As long as the damage is not done beforehand. Hope we are not delighted with two no-score draws like last year.
    It's a shame that when we clearly have money we chose not to spend it so that players could have been bedded-in already. Poor management whatever way you look at it.

As long as the damage is not done beforehand. Hope we are not delighted with two no-score draws like last year.
    It's a shame that when we clearly have money we chose not to spend it so that players could have been bedded-in already. Poor management whatever way you look at it.

I hate to say it but it certainly looks that way.

The only good thing for ye is that ye will get around 40m for him in January if ye keep him

But his Liverpool career is over

world cup year and alot of quality up front for uruaguay. do you really think he wont try his best at liverpool. hell the world cup aside if anything he will want to get a move in january or next summer so he will be in his usual form.

as for saying 40 million thats ridiculous. if madrid are trailing barca by then they will be begging for suarez and if his form is anything like last year we will be looking at cavani money at least plus the fact its january(a time of year that is well known for inflated fees, ie: arshavin, carroll, torres)

fact is if suarez proves that this wasnt a one off season liverpool can name their price next season or in january and there will be alot more bidders if he can behave himeself(wont hold my breath:D) but again he will be trying to impress so its not uncalled for
    I'm amazed that there are fans that still stand up for him and think that someone who has shown nothing but disrespect should be allowed wear the jersey again. I would have thought that no one player is bigger than the club... but maybe that is not the case with Liverpool.

nobody is standing up for suarez. he has been disrespectful and he is banned for the first 6 games. but personally id ban him for another 3 forcing him to play and train with the ressies until liverpools 10th game which is ironically arsenal. id make him fight for the shirt again but thats just my opinion. i dont believe anyone is bigger than the shirt and no matter who they are when they leave the club will go on. it doesnt matter if its fergie at united wenger at arsenal or gerrrard at liverpool. nobody should be bigger than your club. but you shouldnt be bullied into selling either. let him fight for his place and sell him abroad the first oportunity for the right price. selling to arsenal will guarantee we dont challenge ye for 4th so we cant do it. it would be a really stupid move. could you imagine arsenal buying bale and suarez??? no way arsenal would be challeneged for 4th. thats why liverpool cant sell to ye

its nothing to do with a player being bigger than the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What's all this world cup year talk, he's gonna get his game regardless, this is Uruguay were talking about not Spain.

I will be astonished if Suarez is at Liverpool come the end of the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

Does Arsenal get a "buy" if Fener are kicked out?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

Think we will progress handy enough here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Turkey is always a tough away match, and they are turks.

Dirty shower of *****!

Turkey is always a tough away match, and they are turks.

Dirty shower of *****!

Draw away and an easy enough win at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fener.

Not ideal out of that group.

Should be beating them regardless though. Need to give them a bit of a shoeing at home so we're not under pressure.

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

No there spot goes to a Turkish club

cson wrote: »
    Fener.

Should be beating them regardless though. Need to give them a bit of a shoeing at home so we're not under pressure.

Think the 2nd leg is at home

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

From BBC sport twitter

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 51s
    Arsenal’s opponents Fenerbahce have been banned from Europe for 2 years, pending an appeal to be heard after the tie

So we could lose and still go through?? haha why is the appeal after the tie?

Edit: Just seen that another Turkish team takes their place. But if we knock em out wtf happens?

But they aren't. Ergo they should be sacked. That arseblog post of 8/8/13 really hit home with me; we're a ****ing shambles at the minute. Its like were the last one still looking for a date to go to the debs with and the only available dateless person is a sexy little she devil who glanced suggestively at us once. We're hanging onto the hope we might get her after humming and hawwing over the other hotties without the bad girl rep who were quickly hoovered up by the competition.
    Oranage2 wrote: »

Meh, the way the season is panning out I forsee more trophyless fare and yet another groundhog day of scrapping for 4th. A mad dash on the final day of the transfer window to finally land that RB we've been needing for ages. So yeah, at the moment I wouldn't mind the apocalypse scenario of us signing no one because if AW doesn't pull some genius tactical masterstroke then his times up. He has no excuses this summer. None. And yet we're still a ****ing shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Fener.

Got to survive the cauldron first. Entering the jungle there will be tough but barring a two goal defeat disaster or something ye should be fine.

• Advertisement

What's all this world cup year talk, he's gonna get his game regardless, this is Uruguay were talking about not Spain.

Forlan
    Cavani
    Hernandez
    Ramirez
    Martinez

all top class attacking players that will very likely take his spot if he wasnt playing week in week out. im not saying he wont be called up but i am saying that if he isnt playing and scoring he wont be first choice

ie: Torres.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

**** it like, im sick of it.

Liverpool can **** up if they think they look good ot of this, their best player wants to join us and they are forcing him to stay so they can get in the top 4 and bring back the 'famous European nights'. Well an actual club who doesn't boast and act like a shower of tools sells their best player and sill manages to do it.

Standard Liverpool nobody is bigger than the club sanctimonious bull as well with all their Shankly spirit. If nobody is bigger than the club sell the player and stop talking rot as usual.

Suarez isn't worth this anymore, let him rot in the reserves or whatever and let us move on. The club did try in fairness but I honestly don't see the point in dealing with it.

As an LFC fan, I want to say thanks. This thread keeps on giving :D:D:D

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Got to survive the cauldron first. Entering the jungle there will be tough but barring a two goal defeat disaster or something ye should be fine.

Should be ok alright but they, unlike us, have actually signed some decent players. Alves, Meireles are very good players and then you've got a workhorse like Kuyt too, Emenike and Sow are decent goalscorers. Not going to be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

It's 2013. Not 1983. Wake up man, it's a business. Scoring goals forgives all sins, thought everybody realised that by now. I know I have. I still love LFC, but view them as a business, and I really don't get emotionally attached to players anymore, with the exception of Stevie G etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

did fenerbahce not beat us at home in the last couple of years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Should be ok alright but they, unlike us, have actually signed some decent players. Alves, Meireles are very good players and then you've got a workhorse like Kuyt too, Emenike and Sow are decent goalscorers. Not going to be easy.

Big game Kuyt definitely a danger in a tie like this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

Its only by misspelling "bye" that we have managed to get Arsenal and buy into the same sentence.

Ok we're talking champs league quailifer proper football talk

Could the Liverpool fans kindly fcuk off we will deal with ye and the Suarez debacle later :)

I forgot about there signings

draw just got tougher

Ok we're talking champs league quailifer proper football talk

Could the Liverpool fans kindly fcuk off we will deal with ye and the Suarez debacle later :)

Seen on twitter that Kos and Santi are suspended for the first leg. Sanga at CB it seems!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They have decent options up front, but their back line is pretty weak by PL standards and the midfield is only so so.

Would be very surprised if Arsenal do not go through handily enough over two legs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement