Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Ok we're talking champs league quailifer proper football talk

Could the Liverpool fans kindly fcuk off we will deal with ye and the Suarez debacle later :)

The suarez meltdown makes me laugh. The champions league talk makes me cry! In fairness, I always support the English teams in Europe, so hoping Arsenal go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jonny666 wrote: »
    Seen on twitter that Kos and Santi are suspended for the first leg. Sanga at CB it seems!!

Not true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As an LFC fan, I want to say thanks. This thread keeps on giving :D:D:D

You own fans have made bigger dicks of themselves in here than any over the past 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Not true

Stupid fcuking twitter!! Should have checked. Thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jonny666 wrote: »
    Seen on twitter that Kos and Santi are suspended for the first leg. Sanga at CB it seems!!

The yellows expire at the end of the season so they're eligible to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Soups123 wrote: »
    You own fans have made bigger dicks of themselves in here than any over the past 3 weeks

And keeps on giving. Seriously, I don't give a fcuk! You're trying to wind up the wrong guy

Never had to ignore people as much as I have the last two weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Ah finally something else to talk about other that that squirrel. So whats the story with fenerbache? If we lose and their ban is still upheld?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've a quick question and I don't want to read back through this car crash of a thread.

Did we draw Fenerbache in the ECL qualifiers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wow, you know you've hit rock bottom when Liverpool fans are gaining schadenfreude from you.

I'm not slagging Liverpool or anything but let's face it, you haven't exactly had the best summer ever yourself.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've a quick question and I don't want to read back through this car crash of a thread.

Yes, yes we did.

Who did Liverpool get in the draw this morning?

Quazzie wrote: »

Yes they have Sow who's pretty dangerous, Bruno Alves and Miereles who are handy, and some handsome Dutch fella by the name of Kite or something.

Allegedly however they're weak in MF and at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Who did Liverpool get in the draw this morning?

easy we get to see arsenal crash out;)

And keeps on giving. Seriously, I don't give a fcuk! You're trying to wind up the wrong guy

I'm on the wind up? right.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Paulegend wrote: »

Just like they do every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

I have never got a yellow card or a red card here but you deserve it.
    You really are a turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's 2013. Not 1983. Wake up man, it's a business. Scoring goals forgives all sins, thought everybody realised that by now. I know I have. I still love LFC, but view them as a business, and I really don't get emotionally attached to players anymore, with the exception of Stevie G etc.

You really are clutching at straws there trying to defend your stance on Suarez staying :D

Go back into the Liverpool thread and ask anyone there if it is a club they are following or if it is a business they are following and I can guarantee you there won't be too many, if anyone at all, that will say they are following a business!!

It is a bit sad when the most you have to look forward to in the CL is one of the top 4 crashing out.

Most fans normally reserve that for their obvious rivals (Everton, West Ham, Stoke......)

• Advertisement

I'm glad we can entertain you on those quiet Tuesday and Wednesday evenings you have become accustomed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

If we do "crash out" in this qualifier, what happen's if Fenerbahce lose their appeal on their suspension from Europe?

seklly wrote: »
    If we do "crash out" in this qualifier, what happen's if Fenerbahce lose their appeal on their suspension from Europe?

I think they get replaced by a Turkish team, possibly Bursaspor.

seklly wrote: »

It's a very odd decision waiting until this game is played. Even if we win what happens? It's not exactly fair on the team that takes Fenerbache's place. Surely we would have play this team in another qualifier if the Fenerbache are kicked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 12h
    Understand #afc did not make offer for Higuain. Agreed personal terms but put deal on hold to prioritise Suarez, Napoli pounced #bbcfootball

I think they get replaced by a Turkish team, possibly Bursaspor.

But would we have to play the next turkish team in another play off? The spot is a play off spot not a CL one, surely they wouldnt get a free ticket to the group stages?

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    I have never got a yellow card or a red card here but you deserve it.
    You really are a turd.

why would i deserve a yellow or red??? i was asked what liverpool got in the draw and i answered what liverpool got to look forward to. im not trying to wind anyone up i was just slagging back to the slag that was aimed at liverpool

your in the cahmpions league dude stop whining. we would love to be in ye'r position
    Soups123 wrote: »
    It is a bit sad when the most you have to look forward to in the CL is one of the top 4 crashing out.

Most fans normally reserve that for their obvious rivals (Everton, West Ham, Stoke......)

at the moment we have to see ye as our direct rivals. im sure ye see united as yer direct rivals in terms of yer ambition has to be a title challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Noo wrote: »
    But would we have to play the next turkish team in another play off? The spot is a play off spot not a CL one, surely they wouldnt get a free ticket to the group stages?

You would like to think that the result of the appeal will be heard before the match starts. Probably a half hour before. :P

surely it would make more sense to have the appeal before the arsenal game. but logic and uefa????

I think the logic behind it is that Bursaspor would be the team that Fener pipped to qualification by cheating. Even so, it's not exactly fair that they wouldn't have to play a qualifier. Ridiculous that FIFA didn't have this cleared up before the draw.

why would i deserve a yellow or red??? i was asked what liverpool got in the draw and i answered what liverpool got to look forward to. im not trying to wind anyone up i was just slagging back to the slag that was aimed at liverpool

your in the cahmpions league dude stop whining. we would love to be in ye'r position

at the moment we have to see ye as our direct rivals. im sure ye see united as yer direct rivals in terms of yer ambition has to be a title challenge

no the feeling is bliss

liverpool are in a great position. they have made some signings they are playing some of the best football in the country. they have a striker that ye want but cant have and things are looking bright.

arsenal have champions league that is the only thing that attracts players to the club and they cant even guarantee that after todays draw. but at least ye have a "huge transfer budget" was it 70 million??? pfft

That's what you wrote 15 mins ago, it seems you would rather be in liverpools position than in the champions league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Big game Kuyt definitely a danger in a tie like this! :)

Expecting no less than a hatrick from the ****er. Probably the perfect hatrick too. :pac:
    Kess73 wrote: »
    They have decent options up front, but their back line is pretty weak by PL standards and the midfield is only so so.

Would be very surprised if Arsenal do not go through handily enough over two legs.

I'd expect us to beat them over two legs, and having the first leg in Istanbul is a bonus but its just about the hardest draw we could have gotten imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I think the logic behind it is that Bursaspor would be the team that Fener pipped to qualification by cheating. Even so, it's not exactly fair that they wouldn't have to play a qualifier. Ridiculous that FIFA didn't have this cleared up before the draw.

Yes, it's ridiculous to have the appeal hearing in the week or so after the qualifiers. I wouldn't be happy if I was whoever's supposed to be replacing them.

Wonder what clubs will let their good players go
    This late in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

surely it would make more sense to have the appeal before the arsenal game. but logic and uefa????

UEFA have them & Besiktas banned

but they've appealed it to the CAS, that's why they're still in

actually the appealed the ban UEFA first, it was upheld so went to the CAS

With comments like this, I initially thought your were worth discussing things with.

However your appearance in here is only to wind up people and pass the time, which you seem to have a lot of.

The other day, you outed yourself by calling us 'disgusting' and 'a sad little club in decline'.

And that's where you're at. Suarez makes a statement - you snap and call us disgusting, Henry makes a statement and you're in here goading. Aren't you a big boy.

Funnily enough, the entire Liverpool thread was begging you to shut up the other day so it's not just Liverpool v Arsenal, it's just that you seem to be a very childish poster with a lot of time on your hands. You just happen to follow Liverpool and I'd like to remind everyone of this before we assume your infantile taunts and ramblings are representative of anything.

Welcome to my ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sorry I was wrong

No decision made if there ban is upheld

no the feeling is bliss

liverpool are in a great position. they have made some signings they are playing some of the best football in the country. they have a striker that ye want but cant have and things are looking bright.

arsenal have champions league that is the only thing that attracts players to the club and they cant even guarantee that after todays draw. but at least ye have a "huge transfer budget" was it 70 million??? pfft

That's what you wrote 15 mins ago, it seems you would rather be in liverpools position than in the champions league!

course i want to be in liverpools position but if we had a 2 legged game against Fern id love it

lets put this arguing behind us

most arsenal fans dont want suarez anyway at this stage and liverpool fans are the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fenerbache is very tricky, not too confident at all after there fellow turks beat us at home last week. Need to strengthen before this tie takes place or we could be very well looking at a place in the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

course i want to be in liverpools position but if we had a 2 legged game against Fern id love it

lets put this arguing behind us

most arsenal fans dont want suarez anyway at this stage and liverpool fans are the exact same

I dont really want him, but I dont want you guys to have him anymore either :pac:

gosplan wrote: »
    With comments like this, I initially thought your were worth discussing things with.

However your appearance in here is only to wind up people and pass the time, which you seem to have a lot of.

The other day, you outed yourself by calling us 'disgusting' and 'a sad little club in decline'.

And that's where you're at. Suarez makes a statement - you snap and call us disgusting, Henry makes a statement and you're in here goading. Aren't you a big boy.

Funnily enough, the entire Liverpool thread was begging you to shut up the other day so it's not just Liverpool v Arsenal, it's just that you seem to be a very childish poster with a lot of time on your hands. You just happen to follow Liverpool and I'd like to remind everyone of this before we assume your infantile taunts and ramblings are representative of anything.

Welcome to my ignore list.

what are you blabbing on about??

i was having a discussion. im hardly goading by saying that i think arsenal will beat Fern and that if ye dont then ye will play yer youths in the europa and wont have any negative effect on yer season.................................

as for the stuff in the liverpool forum i made a comment to explain why we couldnt sell suarez to ye and most couldnt see my rational so one or two decided to drag it on

i still think what happened was against the rules but the worst that would happen is ye would be fined therefore ive not really gone on about it anymore. but that is why i was pissed off about arsenal. i mean why wouldnt i be

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    I dont really want him, but I dont want you guys to have him anymore either :pac:

lol if i had my way he would be playing reserve football for the season:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

I meant that I would deserve a card for calling you a turd which you are.

You have been doing your best to wind people up with sarcastic and childish comments for the last few days.
    Its boring so please stop.

ronjo wrote: »
    I meant that I would deserve a card for calling you a turd which you are.

You have been doing your best to wind people up with sarcastic and childish comments for the last few days.
    Its boring so please stop.

a turd?? wow thats poo

for what its worth i havent really gone down the childish route today....... i mean yea ive said one or two things but all in all ive been pretty non childish and not non non childish. in fact if anything ive been nion non non childish;)

i think that arsenal will sign benzema i think they will get into the group stage and i think that they will finish in the top 4. just because i had a pissey arguement the last couple of days doesnt mean i cant also be rational

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Fenerbache is very tricky, not too confident at all after there fellow turks beat us at home last week. Need to strengthen before this tie takes place or we could be very well looking at a place in the Europa League.

no hope of that, registration deadline is this monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

cson wrote: »
    Expecting no less than a hatrick from the ****er. Probably the perfect hatrick too. :pac:

I'd expect us to beat them over two legs, and having the first leg in Istanbul is a bonus but its just about the hardest draw we could have gotten imo.

Hardly. PSV would have been a much tougher draw as they have some very good players and work very well as a unit. Plus PSV would have genuine pace and creativity in the final third. Guys like Wijnaldum, Narsingh, Maher, Matavz, and Toivonen would have asked more questions of the Arsenal backline imo that anything Fener will throw at Arsenal.

Fener are not a strong team, and do not come close to Arsenal in terms of quality. They simply don't have the same number of attacking threats that PSV would have brought to the table, and are very average in midfield.

I can see Arsenal, especially Walcott, getting a lot of joy against a very one paced Fener backline if Arsenal stretch the play. For Fener to have a chance over two legs, Arsenal are going to have to play somewhere between average to poor for 180 minutes and Fener are going to have to play very well for 180 mins.

Keep the ball away from their new boy Emenike (lots of power and pace) and Sow (mobile, decent pace, good with both feet) and suddenly the number of attacking threats in that Fener team is pretty much down to Kuyt.

Meireles offers nothing that the Arsenal midfield cannot handle, and guys like Christain, Sahin, Holmen (another new guy for them) and Topal offer nothing that the Arsenal midfield will not have come across better versions of before now.

Fener might get a battling draw at their place if they play well, but can see Arsenal putting three past them in London.

If Arsenal were playing PSV then this tie would catch my eye, but against Fener it will take a poor Arsenal performance over two legs for there to be a shock.

Gringo180 wrote: »

Just because we havent signed anyone doesnt mean we have turned into a bad team!! Fenerbache are not to be taken lightly but over two legs im very confident of coming out on top. No need to be talking of the Europa league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We don't need to strengthen to beat Fenerbache, we need to strengthen to have a deeper squad to compete on 4 fronts and to have a better starting XI to improve our record vs the top 6 which was crap last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If this was Fenerbache of 3 or 4 years ago I'd be very worried , They got to the quarters of the Champions league now though I can't see them giving us too many problems i think we'll beat them in both legs actually a 1-0 over there and a hiding at the emirates :) and the registration deadline is only for this round so once we overcome then we can register any new players for the group stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Does anyone think Zelalem will see any time this year even from bench. I think surely in the cups

Is he ahead of Eisfield now?

• Advertisement

I had two hopes this summer, clear out dead wood and sign 2/3 first team players.

The deadwood clear out has been excellent if we can just do the second part now I'd be delighted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement