Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Arsenal are certainly ahead of Liverpool. Any sane supporter would tell you that.

Could be argued Spurs are ahead of Arsenal atm with current squads.

I can see Spurs easily taking top 4 if bale stays

People say this every year in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

News on http://liverpoolfc.com at 5pm.

People say this every year in fairness.

You can surely see that are are building a strong team though? Good manager too, very good imo.

You can surely see that are are building a strong team though? Good manager too, very good imo.

Well yeah, but I believe they are getting the players in in anticipation of losing Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm guessing you're "pro-Wenger" because they're the only ones who seem to think than any criticism of Wenger means they wanted him booted out.

Right... you seem to have drawn that conclusion from absolutely nowhere. My point was that the thread became full of bitching between different sets of arse fans and subsequently became **** to read. It's happening again now bewtween arse and pool fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm guessing you're "pro-Wenger" because they're the only ones who seem to think than any criticism of Wenger means they wanted him booted out.

I'm pro wenger and if he Don't spend I want him booted out

Well yeah, but I believe they are getting the players in in anticipation of losing Bale.

I thought that myself but not so sure now. Time will tell I guess

Right... you seem to have drawn that conclusion from absolutely nowhere. My point was that the thread became full of bitching between different sets of arse fans and subsequently became **** to read. It's happening again now bewtween arse and pool fans.
    I'd still like to pin this down to be honest, can you think of a few of the "anti-Wenger" crowd? Does saying that we should have signed someone before this stage of pre-season make someone anti-Wenger?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I can agree with Nuri and yourself on that as of now were not title challenger but two or three top quality signings and we could be and that essentially what we were promised at the start of this summer hence why you see a hell of a lot of frustrated posters in here. Im still clinging to hope.

I think Chelsea have a brilliant squad between themselves and City in terms of squads but can they make it happen remains to be seen. I just think were Chelsea lack is CF United and City are streets ahead.

Ok apologies I guess the constant jibes from Liverpool fans in here is starting to get to me :o there's been way to much dick swinging competitions in here for my liking, I really don't know why so many of your fellow fans feel the need to come in and vent there anger if I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be looking at Arsenal but at my own club and questioning why our best player wants to leave and also be angry with Suarez over his actions.

As with RVP last year I never once went into the United thread or blamed United Ferguson and United done what they needed to to win the league fair play, do I still hate RVP sure as hell I do but I don't blame United on that or never did.

There's only been a few to be fair. Could say the same about a few Arsenal supporters in the Liverpool thread too, one of them has been quite regular when it comes bashing LFC going way before the Suarez to Arsenal saga began too ;)

As for venturing into the other teams threads, well that's your prerogative whether to do so or not. I really don't see the issue with it, after all it's a public forum. I venture into every thread bar the LOI one(s) really. I've even posted in the Spurs forum a few times. That's just how I roll :p If someone is acting the dick, report it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Can't really say they're ahead of us until they're actually ahead of us, which has been touted pretty much the last 5 years and has happened pretty much 0 times.

I dunno. I look at the current Arsenal squad, and it's a bit threadbare. Sagna is older, is getting over two broken legs, and he's supposed to be covering centreback? Arteta is amazing but he's 31 now, and looked a bit tired playing every minute last season. Cazorla also seemed tired last season, and he's not had much of a break. Monreal is injured, Vermaelen is injured. Gibbs isn't injuryd as of writing, but he does tend to pick up injuries. Arsenal really need more players and I'm afraid of another rush around the bargain bin, except people know Arsene has cash now.

Although probably Zlatan will come home. We won't even make him do a trial this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Can't really say they're ahead of us until they're actually ahead of us, which has been touted pretty much the last 5 18 years and has happened pretty much 0 times.

FYP:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The best right now arguably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yurt wrote: »
    News on http://liverpoolfc.com at 5pm.

Agger named Vice-Captain. That's the news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    There's only been a few to be fair. Could say the same about a few Arsenal supporters in the Liverpool thread too, one of them has been quite regular when it comes bashing LFC going way before the Suarez to Arsenal saga began too ;)

As for venturing into the other teams threads, well that's your prerogative whether to do so or not. I really don't see the issue with it, after all it's a public forum. I venture into every thread bar the LOI really. If someone is acting the dick, report it.

Ah yeh I have been in other teams thread aswell at various times but for general discussion a lot of the Liverpool fans are just coming in recently here to vent on Arsenal for no good reason really ;) which was what I meant.

But yeh I'd never brand all Liverpool fans morons based on a few that are popping up in here a lot lately. I'm sure there's a few Arsenal fans doing the same in the Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is there any Arsenal news today at all.
    Page after page of digs and swipes i'm after reading here.
    Could we get back to the Arsenal thread please and let the Pool lads go home for their tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The best right now arguably.

mourinho_2585981b.jpg

Geoff Arsenal just tweeted this hmmm, remember he is the man who aid Arsenal would bid 40 million before they did and before Liverpool leaked it.

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 2m Gustavo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Geoff Arsenal just tweeted this hmmm, remember he is the man who aid Arsenal would bid 40 million before they did and before Liverpool leaked it.

Don't Believe it until I see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Don't Believe it until I see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Neither will I ;), But Geoff Arsenal is one of the very few I believe on twitter and if he says something may happen or were interested I damn sure believe its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Miquel on loan to Leicester for the season too (On the Arsenal site/Arsenal twitter)

Sure just get rid of everyone, we'll be grand

• Advertisement

Neither will I ;), But Geoff Arsenal is one of the very few I believe on twitter and if he says something may happen or were interested I damn sure believe its true.

Be a nice signing but still need a top Striker and Centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Be chuffed to bits with that, exactly the kind of player we need in the middle of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Here we go again..

Patience is a virtue.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Here we go again..

Be careful or i gunge ya!! :pac:

I would honestly rather a top left winger instead of a striker to be honest, I think Podolski could do a job up front if he was giving a few games there. Di Maria off Real would be delightful.

Gustavo would be an excellent step in the right direction.

I'm gonna ask again can he play ball or is he just a kicker

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I would honestly rather a top left winger instead of a striker to be honest, I think Podolski could do a job up front if he was giving a few games there. De Maria off Real would be delightful.

Podolski and Giroud are good backs up but they ain't top 4 quality, score you 30 goals a season type players to strike fear in any defence. So I rather we get a Striker in rather then a LW but I like a LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

what's the story with Gustavo? is he not getting his game for bayern? does he start for brazil? and why are bayern wanting to get rid if he is that good

• Advertisement

Gilberto Silva but with better distribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Highest pass completion in Bundesliga at 93%, so either he can play a bit of ball or at least knows his limitations and keeps it very simple.

Gilberto Silva but with better distribution.

I like that sounds good

But

Why is he going do cheap??

Why ain't other clubs in for him??

Honest questions I don't no much about him

AdamD wrote: »
    Highest pass completion in Bundesliga at 93%, so either he can play a bit of ball or at least knows his limitations and keeps it very simple.

I like simple :)

Podolski and Giroud are good backs up but they ain't top 4 quality, score you 30 goals a season type players to strike fear in any defence. So I rather we get a Striker in rather then a LW but I like a LW.

I agree with you but I think we score goals all over the park so we dont really need a 30 goal a season striker, we need a left winger with pace who can run at and hurt teams from deep Podolski just doesn't offer us that out wide.

I know I know poxy youtube compilations

darego wrote: »
    what's the story with Gustavo? is he not getting his game for bayern? does he start for brazil? and why are bayern wanting to get rid if he is that good

He doesnt seem to feature to much in Pep's plans, got pushed down the pecking order in midfield with the arrival of Thiago and Gotze.

Perhaps Nuri can share some insight? He knows the Bundesliga well.

I like that sounds good

But

Why is he going do cheap??

Why ain't other clubs in for him??

Honest questions I don't no much about him

Not fact but the way I see it maybe too much competition with Thiago and Goetze coming in and maybe with Guardiola coming in he may see his chances limited. He played most games for Bayern last season very surpised theres not a host of clubs queing up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Seems that we've loaned Miquel out! Do we even have enough players left for the bench now!!

Whatever your feelings towards Wenger and the club they've done a pretty good job clearing out players. Except fûcking bendtner

jonny666 wrote: »
    Seems that we've loaned Miquel out! Do we even have enough players left for the bench now!!
    Think that leaves us with a total of 7 defenders.

• Advertisement

Pure Bi-Polar transfer window this is for us so many ups and downs :pac:

Pure Bi-Polar transfer window this is for us so many ups and downs :pac:

Here's hoping it end's on an up :), other wise this thread and twitter will be one big ball of rage :pac:

I see Henry said its up to Rodgers if Suarez plays for Liverpool again

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I see Henry said its up to Rodgers if Suarez plays for Liverpool again

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Ah so like I thought he is already back tracking and trying to cover his ass for when Suarez leaves. There is no way they can keep him after everything that has gone on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ah so like I thought he is already back tracking and trying to cover his ass for when Suarez leaves. There is no way they can keep him after everything that has gone on.

There is even less chance they can sell him to Arsenal though.

Depends if they get another bid

• Advertisement

They wont have a choice if no one else comes in, none of the European big boys are fluttering there eye lashes in his direction so far ;).

Depends if they get another bid

£60m+ might turn them, but I think Henry knows that type of bid will never come in.
    They wont have a choice if no one else comes in, none of the European big boys are fluttering there eye lashes in his direction so far ;).

They will keep him then. I'd be amazed if he ends up at Arsenal. I think Henry knows his rep would be in tatters if he sold him to Arsenal after what he said.

It looks like even Suarez is finally acceptin he won't be going
    RadioCity News/Sport ‏@RadioCityNews 5m
    SPORT Suarez : "``I'm still defending the Liverpool shirt and I will do so until the last
    minute. It's not that I'm desperate to leave" #LFC

Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive)
    8/8/13, 2:46 PM
    "Madrid never called me personally or Liverpool to try and negotiate." - Luis Suárez. (Source: Marca)

Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive)
    8/8/13, 2:46 PM
    Luis Suárez has revealed that Real Madrid has never been a realisic option for him. (Source: Marca)

LiverpoolFC News (@LFCTransferNRS)
    8/8/13, 2:01 PM
    Suarez: "Any player always aspires to the highest level and Real Madrid are among the best clubs in the world." - No mention of Arsenal.
    Suarez: "I don't feel that (these are his last days at the club). I'm still enjoying being at #LFC

MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder)
    8/8/13, 4:08 PM
    Suarez: "I don't feel that (these are his last days at the club). I'm still enjoying being at #LFC." #BackTracking

MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder)
    8/8/13, 12:01 PM
    Wenger: "We try and get what we want; if that doesn’t work we will look somewhere else." - Already admitting defeat.

£60m+ might turn them, but I think Henry knows that type of bid will never come in.

They will keep him then. I'd be amazed if he ends up at Arsenal. I think Henry knows his rep would be in tatters if he sold him to Arsenal after what he said.

I reckon 45 to 50 would be enough to get them to deal.

There is no way they will keep him at the end of the day Henry is a business man and he's not going to keep an asset of that value sitting there who doesn't want to play and is only thinking of leaving. City done that with Tevez because well money is no object to them, but look how cheaply he went in the end

I reckon 45 to 50 would be enough to get them to deal.

There is no way they will keep him at the end of the day Henry is a business man and he's not going to keep an asset of that value sitting there who doesn't want to play and is only thinking of leaving. City done that with Tevez because well money is no object to them, but look how cheaply he went in the end

Probably missed it but it now looks like Suarez is going to be happy enough to stay on. Suarez was always going to play for us this season.

Probably missed it but it now looks like Suarez is going to be happy enough to stay on. Suarez was always going to play for us this season.

If you think so, I don't think this saga is over by a long shot.

On a seperate point it's amazing how quick Liverpool fans are to vent at Arsenal for making bids on a player who wants out but are so quick to accept Suarez back into the fold after everything he has said this summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement