Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Probably missed it but it now looks like Suarez is going to be happy enough to stay on. Suarez was always going to play for us this season.

He'll be gone end of August, Henry just landed it on the managers lap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

revz wrote: »
    Miquel on loan to Leicester for the season too (On the Arsenal site/Arsenal twitter)

Sure just get rid of everyone, we'll be grand

AW "I have every confidence that we can compete for trophies with the 11 players we have now, if something happens Bouldy can fill in"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd be delighted with gustavo. As a start. Spend the faaakin manay Arsene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you think so, I don't think this saga is over by a long shot.

On a seperate point it's amazing how quick Liverpool fans are to vent at Arsenal for making bids on a player who wants out but are so quick to accept Suarez back into the fold after everything he has said this summer.

It's not over. But the Suarez to Arsenal saga is over. The fan aren't quick to accept him back, but they understand that it's a part of football and having Suarez scoring goals for Liverpool is far better than him sitting on the bench or scoring goals for Arsenal.

Also I don't know why you think Liverpool have to sell. Every other team in the league (bar Arsenal) have kept players who wanted out - City with Tevez, Spurs with Modric, United with Ronaldo etc. Arsenal are the only team who will happily sell one of their good players whenever a rival team wants them.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    He'll be gone end of August, Henry just landed it on the managers lap

He could well be, but it certainly won't be to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Pure Bi-Polar transfer window this is for us so many ups and downs :pac:

Could you please point out the "ups" for me.
    If it's the players leaving then it's a bit of an up but who has replaced them?

It's not over. But the Suarez to Arsenal saga is over. The fan aren't quick to accept him back, but they understand that it's a part of football and having Suarez scoring goals for Liverpool is far better than him sitting on the bench or scoring goals for Arsenal.

Also I don't know why you think Liverpool have to seel. Every other team in the league (bar Arsenal) have kept players who wanted out - City with Tevez, Spurs with Modric, United with Ronaldo etc. Arsenal are the only team who will happily sell of their good players whenever a rival team wants them.

After watching the circus up until this point there's no guarantees

Soups123 wrote: »
    After watching the circus up until this point there's no guarantees

I'd be very confident that Suarez will not end up at Arsenal. Obviously it'ss not something I can guarantee though.

Also I don't know why you think Liverpool have to seel.

He doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore.

He accused the management of breaking promises.

The manager says he's lying.

He's worth too much to be left on the bench.

They'll sell.

Granted though I don't think you'll sell him to arsenal. Oh well. We'll be okay without him.

Now can we move on from this until further developments?

Could you please point out the "ups" for me.

We have no bitey racists to defend?

[img][/img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5055/5399805046_0d30e4dd70_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Also I don't know why you think Liverpool have to sell. Every other team in the league (bar Arsenal) have kept players who wanted out - City with Tevez, Spurs with Modric, United with Ronaldo etc. Arsenal are the only team who will happily sell one of their good players whenever a rival team wants them.

Hmmm you do realise everyone of them player have left those clubs and got the move they wanted? Tevez for next to nothing in the end because of everything that went on.

Typical of the Liverpool fans coming in here resorting to petty childish jibes grow up for ffs not even capable of a proper conversation. I'm not lowering to your dick swinging games of my clubs better than yours.

Now go on back to the Liverpool thread and clsoe the door behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I love this re-writing of history. For how many Summers did we have the Vieira will he won't he saga? Ditto with Fabregas. Of all the players you mention above how many were in the last year of their contract like RVP? The only club who kept hold of a player who would go for nothing the following season (that I can think of) is Lewandoski at Dortmund. And this window isn't closed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

What have I started

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore.

He accused the management of breaking promises.

The manager says he's lying.

He's worth too much to be left on the bench.

They'll sell.

Granted though I don't think you'll sell him to arsenal. Oh well. We'll be okay without him.

Now can we move on from this until further developments?

Plenty of players have played for lcubs they don't want to. Suarez won't be any different. He won't be left on the bench, he'll apologise and we'll play him and then he'll be shipped next summer abroad.

Hmmm you do realise everyone of them player have left those clubs and got the move they wanted? Tevez for next to nothing in the end because of everything that went on.

Typical of the Liverpool fans coming in here resorting to petty childish jibes grow up for ffs not even capable of a proper conversation. I'm not lowering to your dick swinging games of my clubs better than yours.

Now go on back to the Liverpool thread and clsoe the door behind you.

They all said for one more season after they wanted to leave. Also Spurs refused to sell Modoric to Chelsea so he left for Madrid a year later. Don't cry, I was simply point out facts. Just because a player wants to leave doesn't mean he'll be gone in that transfer window. I'll post where I want until a mod tells me different, thanks for the offer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Plenty of players have played for lcubs they don't want to. Suarez won't be any different. He won't be left on the bench, he'll apologise and we'll play him and then he'll be shipped next summer abroad.

They all said for one more season after they wanted to leave. Also Spurs refused to sell Modoric to Chelsea so he left for Madrid a year later. Don't cry, I was simply point out facts. Just because a player wants to leave doesn't mean he'll be gone in that transfer window. I'll post where I want until a mod tells me different, thanks for the offer though.

You hope ;).

Facts yeh I refer you to Greendoms post there facts what you spouted is verbal diarrhea typical of a lot of Liverpool fans in this thread ;). Chelsea never bid the next year which kinda helped ;). Cool well hopefully if you continue to post you can begin to act like an adult we tend to like them around here :).

Tbh sign or don't sign Luis, I don't give a ****e now. An end to the Arsenal v Liverpool bolloxology that's swamped the threads and the forum since the sorry saga reared its ugly head would be most welcome in my eyes.

You hope ;).

Facts yeh I refer you to Greendoms post there facts what you spouted is verbal diarrhea typical of a lot of Liverpool fans in this thread ;). Chelsea never bid the next year which kinda helped ;). Cool well hopefully if you continue to post you can begin to act like an adult we tend to like them around here :).

Well Spurs telling them that they never sell Modric to them was probably the reason they didn't bother bidding. Yea, because the Arsenal thread is a beacon of adult discussion. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

revz wrote: »
    Miquel on loan to Leicester for the season too (On the Arsenal site/Arsenal twitter)

Sure just get rid of everyone, we'll be grand

Has to be a CB lined up.

It's one thing going with three first team CB's and then the reserves for emergency. But I dont think anyone outside our first three have even played for the senior team. Sagna can cover but we need players who are natural for the position.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Has to be a CB lined up.

It's one thing going with three first team CB's and then the reserves for emergency. But I dont think anyone outside our first three have even played for the senior team. Sagna can cover but we need players who are natural for the position.

I posted earlier but you probably missed it with all the dick waving

We're supposedly after a RB not a CB were happy with sagna for cover for CB

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I posted earlier but you probably missed it with all the dick waving

We're supposedly after a RB not a CB were happy with sagna for cover for CB

Yeah, we were linked with Gamez at Malaga (i think) recently. Apparently he's comfortable at CB too so would be good cover provided he's actually any good. Only other club I've heard linked to him were Cardiff though, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

cson wrote: »
    Tbh sign or don't sign Luis, I don't give a ****e now. An end to the Arsenal v Liverpool bolloxology that's swamped the threads and the forum since the sorry saga reared its ugly head would be most welcome in my eyes.

This saga has been an eye opener for me regarding the conduct of LFC and a large amount of their supporters.

I would have always have considered myself a regarder of LFC. I certainly wanted them to win european cups when we were knocked out, wanted them to beat Chelseas in two seasons ago FA cup, and so on.

Suarez is going to be a malign influence in the club if retained, and I look forward to this contributing to their decline next season, and seasons after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Here's hoping we get through the game tomorrow injury free. Is it on tv does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Here's hoping we get through the game tomorrow injury free. Is it on tv does anyone know?

Was just about to ask the same question, can't see it listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TheBza wrote: »
    3pm Setanta lads.

Sweeeeet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

meriwether wrote: »
    This saga has been an eye opener for me regarding the conduct of LFC and a large amount of their supporters.

I would have always have considered myself a regarder of LFC. I certainly wanted them to win european cups when we were knocked out, wanted them to beat Chelseas in two seasons ago FA cup, and so on.

Suarez is going to be a malign influence in the club if retained, and I look forward to this contributing to their decline next season, and seasons after.

Because the club dont want to sell their best player to a direct rival for Champions league? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Because the club dont want to sell their best player to a direct rival for Champions league? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Ah come on now, its a little bit more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's obviously not the desire not to sell.

There's been at best righteous indignation and at worst outright venom from a lot of LFC since we bid for Suarez.

I think part if the reason is that your best player sees Arsenal as a step up and this hurts a bit. I think Liverpool's own sense of itself, after the ups and downs of Houlier, the brilliant Benitez, then the hope of Kenny's return, has just come around to accepting that you are definitely below Utd and that this is in fact, not going to be your year. Then Arsenal come in and make a pretty good case as to why you're firmly behind us too.

This really isn't ment to be a jibe or anything, it's just my own 2c on why this has particularly riled some Liverpool fans. There's a kind of 'who do they think they are' to it all.

I should probably add that this isn't from every Liverpool fan, just some. But I get it at the sane time. It's something we as Arsensk fans have sadly gotten used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I think this saga is far from over, unfortunately.
    Wake me up on 3rd Sept.

Jesus Christ please don't start this again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

according to Gustavo's agent on australian radio we have had a 14m bid accepted by Bayern. dunno how true this is :pac:

• Advertisement

darego wrote: »
    according to Gustavo's agent on australian radio we have had a 14m bid accepted by Bayern. dunno how true this is :pac:

Hon Australian radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope we get this lad. I was impressed with that clip of his play. He is just what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

It annoys me that Liverpool think they're rivals for Champions spots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

No Im cool eith that.

Its a large amount of your fans and the pathetic manager I have issues with.

Of this classless saga, 99% of the classlessness came from Suarez, the LFC fans and Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I hope we get this lad. I was impressed with that clip of his play. He is just what we need.

Some left peg on him. Looks great at breaking things up and has an eye for a pass and goal. Be a great addition to the team so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm calling bull**** on this. Some guy with less than 1000 Twitter followers (HM99_) started it, no quotes, no radio stations mentioned. Also can't find any German-language tweets about him, considering the interview would've been news in Germany.

Strangely enough though, @GeoffArsenal tweeted 'Gustavo!' tonight and then deleted his tweet.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

TheGunns wrote: »
    It annoys me that Liverpool think they're rivals for Champions spots

The Champions can only finish 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not sure if this was posted earlier amongst all the guff,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-could-face-second-champions-2146250

Not sure how much truth there is to it but surely that would be a huge advantage to us if we were to be beaten by the Turks over two legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

It doesnt make sense, should this situation with fenerbahce not be resolved before playing a champions league qualifier?

. They saw an opportunity to destabilise our best player and possibly the club, they know Suarez's history and his determination so they're playing with Suarez's ambitions and emotions to weaken us as a club, whether we end up selling Suarez or not. Suarez's heads been turned, he's pissed off a lot of people at the club and that only makes his, and our, position worse.

In much the same way that Mourinho is ****ing with Man Utd over the Rooney deal, I think we're being ****ing with over Suarez. Wenger never spends big, Wenger has been talk for nearly a decade now but he's still a wily ****er.

This is just one example of many of the same posts on rawk, thats what were up against, seriously glad were not getting him now, glad their stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The Telegraph reckons we may make a final £45m bid for Suarez. That would be utterly pointless.

If Rooney is our next target, I think United would be a lot more likely to sell to us rather than to Chelsea. Can't see Moyes doing it though, at least not until he finally signs a CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Telegraph reckons we may make a final £45m bid for Suarez. That would be utterly pointless.

If Rooney is our next target, I think United would be a lot more likely to sell to us rather than to Chelsea. Can't see Moyes doing it though, at least not until he finally signs a CM.

Agreed after all their posturing we would have to bid at least 55 million so that they could save face. Agree that Rooney is the better option atm.

. They saw an opportunity to destabilise our best player and possibly the club, they know Suarez's history and his determination so they're playing with Suarez's ambitions and emotions to weaken us as a club, whether we end up selling Suarez or not. Suarez's heads been turned, he's pissed off a lot of people at the club and that only makes his, and our, position worse.

In much the same way that Mourinho is ****ing with Man Utd over the Rooney deal, I think we're being ****ing with over Suarez. Wenger never spends big, Wenger has been talk for nearly a decade now but he's still a wily ****er.

This is just one example of many of the same posts on rawk, thats what were up against, seriously glad were not getting him now, glad their stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there.

:D

You went to the trouble of trawling through RAWK? :o

That Rawk forum is a funny old place, had a look at it there.
    Fking hell I wish this suarez bull was over.

It is. Just me personally, I'd question the need for opposing fans (given the typical person that do this usually) who feel the need to view RAWK as I do the many of the people who actually post there. Very much a two way thing as I see it. All a bit, well, odd.

Majority of dedicated forums are poison anyway.

Their art section is quite excellent, though it's been a fair few years since I ventured onto there so it might be very different now :)

edit - I've said this multiple times over the years in the Liverpool thread too just to add.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »

That is an absolute joke of the highest order. Surely they should be postponing our qualifiers rather than making us do that.

Wenger was questioned about the Suarez stuff this evening apparently and had this to say:
    Asked if Henry’s statement will make him abandon his pursuit of Suarez, the Arsenal boss said: ‘No because we are in the middle of the transfer period and we are looking at possibilities to strengthen our squad.

‘I didn’t read his statements but that’s how it will work or not work. We’ll be faithful to the way we want to behave.

‘I’ve nothing to add to what I said already about the transfer of Suarez. If it will be done, it will be done in a respectful way with Liverpool.

‘To make a transfer happen you need the agreement of three parties – the buyer, the seller and the player. We know we want to do.

‘Liverpool at the moment do not agree. Whether they change their mind or not we don’t know. We’ll respect that.

‘Suarez is one of the targets. If he’s not for sale, he’s not for sale we have to accept that.’

Sounds like there's a bit of determination there but also admits there's not much they can do if Liverpool won't sell. Certainly ain't over yet anyway by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That is an absolute joke of the highest order. Surely they should be postponing our qualifiers rather than making us do that.

Wenger was questioned about the Suarez stuff this evening apparently and had this to say:

Sounds like there's a bit of determination there but also admits there's not much they can do if Liverpool won't sell. Certainly ain't over yet anyway by the sounds of it.

Wenger in 'I did not see it shocker' :pac:

Agreed though, Arsenal are still in the hunt for Suarez. Although, seeing what Suarez has done at all his clubs, be surprised if any fans would want him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    :D

You went to the trouble of trawling through RAWK? :o

Well I think that's quite obvious.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It is. Just me personally, I'd question the need for opposing fans (given the typical person that do this usually) who feel the need to view RAWK as I do the many of the people who actually post there. Very much a two way thing as I see it. All a bit, well, odd.

Majority of dedicated forums are poison anyway.

Their art section is quite excellent, though it's been a fair few years since I ventured onto there so it might be very different now :)

edit - I've said this multiple times over the years in the Liverpool thread too just to add.

Em no offence, but I if I want to view rawk or any other forum its not really anything to do with you, so don't be worrying yourself.

Is boards the only soccer forum we should be allowed view?? Seriously...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement