Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

Em no offence, but I if I want to view rawk or any other forum its not really anything to do with you, so don't be worrying yourself.

Is boards the only soccer forum we should be allowed view?? Seriously...

I think you missed his point. You can be sure there's a Arsenal forum exactly the same as RAWK and will be filled with vile stuff.

I stay a million miles from those forums. Full of muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think you missed his point. You can be sure there's a Arsenal forum exactly the same as RAWK and will be filled with vile stuff.

No I don't think I did, he was saying he can't understand why people visit other forums, simple as that, I gave my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Controversial from @LeGrove. I don't want to see us 'get spanked' (his words in his blog), but I can see his logic. In general, it's awful that it has come to this line of thinking:

@LeGrove: Wanting us to get beaten today isn't nice. But, sad truth is Arsene is a reactionary manager. It's the only way he'll see sense.

@LeGrove: I'd take a heavy loss now, over one when the league starts... which is what happened two seasons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This on radio? Match that is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No I don't think I did, he was saying he can't understand why people visit other forums, simple as that, I gave my opinion.

With respect, I think he was saying why would you bother trawling those forums to find something inflammatory to post here.

It's like a Liverpool fan retweeting Piers Morgan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Controversial from @LeGrove. I don't want to see us 'get spanked' (his words in his blog), but I can see his logic. In general, it's awful that it has come to this line of thinking:

@LeGrove: Wanting us to get beaten today isn't nice. But, sad truth is Arsene is a reactionary manager. It's the only way he'll see sense.

@LeGrove: I'd take a heavy loss now, over one when the league starts... which is what happened two seasons ago.

I can see where he is coming from to be fair to him, I would rather get a good spanking today than sometime in September when it would be too late to bring in new players.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I can see where he is coming from to be fair to him, I would rather get a good spanking today than sometime in September when it would be too late to bring in new players.

Yeah but that's assuming we've no targets and we now want the manager to panic buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

rarnes1 wrote: »

There is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah but that's assuming we've no targets and we now want the manager to panic buy.

If we were to go over the posts from about 3 months ago everyone wanted early buys and no panic buying. If it has come to this then it's entirely Wenger's own fault. He is the guilty one.
    The squad we have now were 19 points off United and Wenger thinks we are good enough to win the league. I would love to hear him explain himself.

Pure neglect from Wenger and the Board that we are now in this position with 7 days to go before kick-off. It should really be a sacking offence but as it's all about profits he will rot at Arsenal. I couldn't care less who manages our team if they are doing their best but this summer Wenger and Co. have really taken the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No I'm not buying that at all - we are 2 or 3 top quality additions away from making a real attempt at the title. I'm convinced that we are trying to acquire these targets. Today's game should have no impact on that. However if we were to get heavily beaten it would suggest that our 1st team squad is a lot weaker than I imagined. That would be very depressing.

• Advertisement

If we were to go over the posts from about 3 months ago everyone wanted early buys and no panic buying. If it has come to this then it's entirely Wenger's own fault. He is the guilty one.
    The squad we have now were 19 points off United and Wenger thinks we are good enough to win the league. I would love to hear him explain himself.

Pure neglect from Wenger and the Board that we are now in this position with 7 days to go before kick-off. It should really be a sacking offence but as it's all about profits he will rot at Arsenal. I couldn't care less who manages our team if they are doing their best but this summer Wenger and Co. have really taken the piss.

Just wait till the end of the window.

CL qualification has a massive impact on who will sign for us.

It's why we were able to sign Giroud and Pod early last year.

You can be pissed off at Wenger for not buying but not for not buying early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What time the city game kick off at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What time the city game kick off at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This sums up how many feel --

http://arseblog.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

greendom wrote: »
    No I'm not buying that at all - we are 2 or 3 top quality additions away from making a real attempt at the title. I'm convinced that we are trying to acquire these targets. Today's game should have no impact on that. However if we were to get heavily beaten it would suggest that our 1st team squad is a lot weaker than I imagined. That would be very depressing.

We lack a world class Finisher going into a second season with Grioud as a leading striker is pathetic. I like him but he's not what we need. A defensive mid and Centre Back are needed too. A whole summer he had to make signings yet once again he's been our stumbling block. His lack of ambition and sheer stubbornness is really now beyond a joke.

That's crap and you know it. He could have signed big signings and gone into that CL qualifier with the best team possible. I don't understand why you still back Wenger he's done this year in year out since 2005. It's beyond a Joke.

Apparently a guy who is on trial with us, Sebastien Perez, has beem given permission to start against Man City today.

Yeah, seriously.

Apparently a guy who is on trial with us, Sebastien Perez, has beem given permission to start against Man City today.

Yeah, seriously.
    What's your problem with that? He's as trialist. Is there a better way of seeing the capabilities of a player

Looper007 wrote: »
    We lack a world class Finisher going into a second season with Grioud as a leading striker is pathetic. I like him but he's not what we need. A defensive mid and Centre Back are needed too. A whole summer he had to make signings yet once again he's been our stumbling block. His lack of ambition and sheer stubbornness is really now beyond a joke.

Let's see who had been brought in by the end of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Gringo180 wrote: »

Terrible logic IMO. If you support a team you never wish a loss on them regardless of what else is happening

• Advertisement

That's crap and you know it. He could have signed big signings and gone into that CL qualifier with the best team possible. I don't understand why you still back Wenger he's done this year in year out since 2005. It's beyond a Joke.

Since 2005 ? Seriously? This pre season is different in that we all know there is money to spend. That has not been the case before.

greendom wrote: »
    What's your problem with that? He's as trialist. Is there a better way of seeing the capabilities of a player

Man City have the capability of putting £70m worth of reinforcements on the pitch today. We've a complete unknown who hasn't completed his trial period at the club.

I hope he does well but if the squad wasn't so threadbare and if we weren't rummaging in the free transfer bargain bin, this wouldn't be the case.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No. Repeating myself but.. my point is that I find it very strange/weird/bizarre/odd/baffling as to why you feel the need to go on an opposing teams forum for simply a laugh. Bit cringeworthy. There's a theme in regards to the known Man U posters in this place who do this and their general posting style too.

I can understand if you had loaned a player to Liverpool for example and wanted to gauge the thoughts on X player's progress, but that aside? Though if it were the other way around, I'd just ask this thread. Not some Arsenal dedicated forum.

Each to their own as I always say, it's only my worthless 2c ;)

We'll see.

I think too many fans have been drinking from Wenger's well for too long. He will make some silly signings of some French players watch as we struggle to get 4th and celebrate it like we won the league. Then the following summer watch as he makes excuses as he doesn't sign anyone but his Usual French league bargin buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have no idea what RAWK is but it sounds terrible.

I see the Arsenal bashing is back in full swing today, as for le grove to be honest he's an awful gobshiite at the best of times, I follow him on twitter but I rarely pay attention to a word he says.

So what if a trialist is getting a game today he's on trial it would be his perfect chance to impress and for the coaching staff to see if he is up to scratch no harm in it at all.

Signings will come.

World class finisher like Soldado?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No. Repeating myself but.. my point is that I find it very strange/weird/bizarre/odd/baffling as to why you feel the need to go on an opposing teams forum for simply a laugh. Bit cringeworthy. There's a theme in regards to the known Man U posters in this place who do this and their general posting style too.

I can understand if you had loaned a player to Liverpool for example and wanted to gauge thee thoughts on X player's progress, but that aside? Though if it were the other way around, I'd just ask this thread. Not some Arsenal dedicated forum.

Each to their own as I always say, it's only my worthless 2c ;)
    But if you really have the each to their own attitude why are you now repeating yourself 3 times to point out something I have done and you don't agree with?

Just let it go now please.

We'll see.

Some Division 2 French League singings and the odd free Trialist. I bet City, Chelsea and Utd will be ****ting themselves.

• Advertisement

Would have been a better striker then Giroud.

I think too many fans have been drinking from Wenger's well for too long. He will make some silly signings of some French players watch as we struggle to get 4th and celebrate it like we won the league. Then the following summer watch as he makes excuses as he doesn't sign anyone but his Usual French league bargin buys.

That's bollocks if you look at Wenger signings they have been coming less and less from the French league as he admitted himself the balance of power has been shifting to Spanish and German players.

But yeh I supposse Cazorla and Podolski were two shiit buys from the French league last season ;), oh and don't forget that shiit player Capoue a lot of people were giving out about us not signing from the French league a few days ago.

Man City have the capability of putting £70m worth of reinforcements on the pitch today. We've a complete unknown who hasn't completed his trial period at the club.

I hope he does well but if the squad wasn't so threadbare and if we weren't rummaging in the free transfer bargain bin, this wouldn't be the case.

Yes it does provide good evidence of how poor the window has been so far. Obviously it's easier for them with no constraints from a monetary perspective and that they are already in the CL proper.

I love the way you basically tell us that if we decide to wait till we have or haven't signed players to see whether y'know we have or haven't signed players, you paint it as 'backing Wenger' or 'have been drinking from Wenger's well for too long'.

Soldado's better than Giroud. I don't know why you would mock Spurs' signings this summer. Rivalry aside, they're an infinitely better run side.

Man City side today, Arsenal's not in yet:

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany,
    Lescott, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure,
    Silva, Milner, Dzeko, Negredo

• Advertisement

I love the way you basically tell us that if we decide to wait till we have or haven't signed players to see whether y'know we have or haven't signed players, you paint it as 'backing Wenger' or 'have been drinking from Wenger's well for too long'.

Yeh can't believe people are tring to turn this into a pro Wenger or Wenger out argument :rolleyes:, I'm pro Arsenal nothing more nothing less and want to see us sign the players we need and while there is still time I will not attack the club or manager.

I'm hoping the club make a lot of people in here eat a hell of a lot of humble pie.

Based on what?

anyway you're giving out about not having a world class finisher.

Tell you what.

You go take a look and find the last 'world class finisher' that signed for a team not in the CL.

Seriously, must be loads of them.

You will always make excuses :rolleyes:. The signings should have been done by now. Yes it would take longer to sign a Suarez but what about the DM and CB we need. Come on there's something not right about that.

We'll see

Soldado's better than Giroud. I don't know why you would mock Spurs' signings this summer. Rivalry aside, they're an infinitely better run side.

Soldado is an ageing Europa league level striker going to a Europa league team.

If we had him as our main signing, people would be equally going batsh1t about lacking ambition.

• Advertisement

Based on what?

anyway you're giving out about not having a world class finisher.

Tell you what.

You go take a look and find the last 'world class finisher' that signed for a team not in the CL.

Seriously, must be loads of them.

Gomez, Suarez, Falcao, Eto'o?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Interested in seeing Fernandinho today

You will always make excuses :rolleyes:. The signings should have been done by now. Yes it would take longer to sign a Suarez but what about the DM and CB we need. Come on there's something not right about that.

What the hell are you talking about - 'making excuses'?

Me - wait till window shuts and judge

You - give out now

Yeh can't believe people are tring to turn this into a pro Wenger or Wenger out argument :rolleyes:, I'm pro Arsenal nothing more nothing less and want to see us sign the players we need and while there is still time I will not attack the club or manager.

I'm hoping the club make a lot of people in here eat a hell of a lot of humble pie.

Not going to happen with Wenger in charge. Not attacking Arsenal but Arsene, he's the stumbling block. Eating humble pie?? in what finishing 4th and finishing 30 points behind the champions. Is that what you call success, I don't we're Arsenal Football Club not Spures or Everton. We're 5th richest club in the world. We should be compete to buy the top players and winning some silverware.

If we had him as our main signing, people would be equally going batsh1t about lacking ambition.

He's 28, isn't Giroud 27?

You - give out now

I give out now cause it's the same old B.S year in and year out. You mean panic buys cause he's so damn stubborn to splash the cash. You will keep on making excuses for man even though our rivals are splashing cash to make their teams stronger. He's going into the new league season with a team that struggled to get 4th.

You - give out now

It's natural to worry about our lack of signings with a week until the start of the season. I admire your patience and yes, we can only truly judge at the end of the transfer window.

However, the longer we wait, the smaller the pool of talent, the higher the fees clubs charge as they have less time for replacements. Surely we all want the club to avoid the 2011 trolley dash?

Gosplan doesn't want to be proved wrong. Spures have gone about their business and made some great singings. It's a fact they are a stronger team now then they were last season. If they keep Bale they will be dark horses for the title.

He's four months older than Giroud.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Soldado is an excellent finisher, an all action forward who will take Spurs to the next level as things stand with their squad. I'd have been delighted if Dortmund had signed him this summer!

Himself and Higuain are the same level of strikers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement