Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gomez, Suarez, Falcao, Eto'o?

Either not world class or paid rediculous wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looper007 wrote: »
    Not going to happen with Wenger in charge. Not attacking Arsenal but Arsene, he's the stumbling block. Eating humble pie?? in what finishing 4th and finishing 30 points behind the champions. Is that what you call success, I don't we're Arsenal Football Club not Spures or Everton. We're 5th richest club in the world. We should be compete to buy the top players and winning some silverware.

:pac::pac: what a load of bollocks start to think before you type ;), were in my post did I say I was happy with finishing 4th?????? Were actually the 4th richest club in the world ;).

When I said eat humble pie I clearly meant about this transfer window and this transfer window only and the amount of people giving out about us not signing any players, but yeh go ahead and rant away and twist my post to try make out I'm "drinking from Wenger's well" your posts are becoming comical and almost as bad as some the Liverpool posts that have been floating around, take a deep breath there and relax a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

gosplan wrote: »
    Either not world class or paid rediculous wages.

You've moved the goalposts on your own argument. And we can afford ridiculous wages. By the way, Gomez is reportedly earning €5m per year at Fiorentina, which would've been affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Whoah...I'm as frustrated as anybody lads, but seriously??? Take a deep breath and realise that all we can do is wait until the window closes and reserve our judgement until then. All these ifs, ands, ors, buts really are pointless and genuinely seem to be driving some people demented. At the moment I'm not happy, but still optimistic. Just about though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

:pac::pac: what a load of bollocks start to think before you type ;), were in my post did I say I was happy with finishing 4th?????? Were actually the 4th richest club in the world ;).

When I said eat humble pie I clearly meant about this transfer window and this transfer window only and the amount of people giving out about us not signing any players, but yeh go ahead and rant away and twist my post to try make out I'm "drinking from Wenger's well" your posts are becoming comical and almost as bad as some the Liverpool posts that have been floating around, take a deep breath there and relax a bit.

just insult someone to prove you're right Marty ;)

You've moved the goalposts on your own argument. And we can afford ridiculous wages. By the way, Gomez is reportedly earning €5m per year at Fiorentina, which would've been affordable.

Gomez would be awful for us. Doubt the world class tag too.

Suarez was not the Suarez of now when Liverpool signed him. Now that he is, he wants a CL team, which is kind of my point.

Eto(of then) and Falcao yes please but they moved for simply insane money that we can't match.

But look lads, if you want to turn this into me vrs you then go ahead.

I'm going to wait till the window closes, and then unlike you think it's not about me being proven right or wrong or coming in here and saying 'I told you so', it's just about hoping that we have a better season than the last one.

Now chin up and get those ideas of tooting for city out if your heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We have a match soon can we out this transfer bullshît aside for a few hours

L'prof wrote: »
    Whoah...I'm as frustrated as anybody lads, but seriously??? Take a deep breath and realise that all we can do is wait until the window closes and reserve our judgement until then. All these ifs, ands, ors, buts really are pointless and genuinely seem to be driving some people demented. At the moment I'm not happy, but still optimistic. Just about though!

It's driven me demented :pac:. I'm not happy or optimistic just plain worried Wenger thinks that squad is good enough to win EPL. One or two serious injuries and we're screwed. I've been hearing Wenger sprouting the same B.S for years so I'm already very Judgemental on the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Today's line-up:

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski

Perez and Hayden (?) on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's driven me demented :pac:. I'm not happy or optimistic just plain worried Wenger thinks that squad is good enough to win EPL. One or two serious injuries and we're screwed. I've been hearing Wenger sprouting the same B.S for years so I'm already very Judgemental on the man.

I guarantee you he doesn't think the squad is good enough. He's not stupid.

Today's line-up:

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski

Perez and Hayden (?) on the bench.

Perez is the trailist

Hayden is a good young player

just insult someone to prove you're right Marty ;)

:pac: sorry but my point still stands, you were trying to twist my post completely just take a deep breath and relax :) Im not pro anyone or anti anyone I'm just being patient and waiting till the window closes before I judge the board, manager and club.

I still want the same things as everyone else Arsenal to be successful just trying to be more patient and waiting to see what happens.

We have a match soon can we out this transfer bullshît aside for a few hours

I'm more interested in Transfers then a nothing match that everyone will forget tomorrow. It's sad Wenger and the board has bought us Arsenal fans to fight among ourselves. But it's time we woke up and started to get on Wenger and the boards back.

I'm more interested in Transfers then a nothing match that everyone will forget tomorrow. It's sad Wenger and the board has bought us Arsenal fans to fight among ourselves. But it's time we woke up and started to get on Wenger and the boards back.

Just don't quote me again I wanna chart about the game

Not listen to your bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I think the point needs to be made that "splashing the cash" does not mean the same thing as making great signings.

Spending big money for the sake of it might appease the fans but just how much better would it make us? If the Suarez deal came off that would be HUGE for us. Although not looking likely now, there was never any rush with that anyway as he's gone for the first 6 games.

What other players could we have done quick deals for? Ones that would truly be world-class?

People are letting the amounts spent by City and Spurs think that they twice the teams they were last year. Looking rationally at it, they're not.

City made a good signing in Jovetic, but this time last year they had Tevez and Balotelli in the squad. Negredo is nowhere near either of them. Fernandinho has a massive question mark over him imo and the price tag is tricking many into thinking that's a huge signing.

Spurs have signed Soldado for €26m. I wonder how many of us would be delighted if that was us?? Not me. Paulinho looks decent but is by no means proven. And just look at home many midfielders they already have. Lose Bale and where does that leave them.

I'm not saying that we don't need signings because everyone one of know we do. But I'm just sick of hearing the old cliche of how Wenger and the board are too tight too splash out. That's rubbish. I'm happy to wait until the window shuts to see what business we've done. Getting the right players late is more important that getting overpriced ones early. And tbh we don't have all that much of a difficult start in the league.

• Advertisement

:pac: sorry but my point still stands, you were trying to twist my post completely just take a deep breath and relax :) Im not pro anyone or anti anyone I'm just being patient and waiting till the window closes before I judge the board, manager and club.

I still want the same things as everyone else Arsenal to be successful just trying to be more patient and waiting to see what happens.

I can't wait to see you eat you're words :P. Patient has gone out the window. Too many years of average buys, selling off our best players, average league performances and winning nothing does that to you.

Just don't quote me again I wanna chart about the game

Not listen to your bollocks

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Podolski starting up front today?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Podolski starting up front today?

Yep he needs to look at other options

I can't wait to see you eat you're words :P. Patient has gone out the window. Too many years of average buys, selling off our best players, average league performances and winning nothing does that to you.

Well see ;), plus there no need for me to eat my words I've been patient waiting to see what happens ;), only people who may have to eat there words are those that have ranted there way trough the summer ;).

Now on today's pre season match :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Anybody know what position Perez plays?

I'm looking for a performance today

L'prof wrote: »
    I guarantee you he doesn't think the squad is good enough. He's not stupid.

I don't know about that. He's made some stupid mistakes over the past few years. I'm just not as confident about our chances, one of two serious injuries to first team players and we haven't got enough quality to replace them.

Whats the line up for today?

Whats the line up for today?

:pac: if you stopped ranting and took a breath you would have seen it posted up about ten minutes ago by speedboat on the previous page ;).

:pac: if you stopped ranting and took a breath you would have seen it posted up about ten minutes ago by speedboat on the previous page ;).

I'm zen now. Thank you Marty :pac:

danlen wrote: »
    I think the point needs to be made that "splashing the cash" does not mean the same thing as making great signings.

Spending big money for the sake of it might appease the fans but just how much better would it make us? If the Suarez deal came off that would be HUGE for us. Although not looking likely now, there was never any rush with that anyway as he's gone for the first 6 games.

What other players could we have done quick deals for? Ones that would truly be world-class?

People are letting the amounts spent by City and Spurs think that they twice the teams they were last year. Looking rationally at it, they're not.

City made a good signing in Jovetic, but this time last year they had Tevez and Balotelli in the squad. Negredo is nowhere near either of them. Fernandinho has a massive question mark over him imo and the price tag is tricking many into thinking that's a huge signing.

Spurs have signed Soldado for €26m. I wonder how many of us would be delighted if that was us?? Not me. Paulinho looks decent but is by no means proven. And just look at home many midfielders they already have. Lose Bale and where does that leave them.

I'm not saying that we don't need signings because everyone one of know we do. But I'm just sick of hearing the old cliche of how Wenger and the board are too tight too splash out. That's rubbish. I'm happy to wait until the window shuts to see what business we've done. Getting the right players late is more important that getting overpriced ones early. And tbh we don't have all that much of a difficult start in the league.

Great post.

People are also forgetting that our trophy drought, though partly due to squad strength, is also due to perfectly good players bottling every chance that's come their way for more than half a decade.

They should be playing Pink Floyds Money when the players are walking out. That City team always lets itself down when I see Milner in their team

Yep he needs to look at other options

Good to see I think a top left winger is needed more than a striker imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Pretty strong team from city. Should be a tough test

• Advertisement

Good to see I think a top left winger is needed more than a striker imo.

Ox starting there today

Weird usually right or center

Bit mad looking at twitter and realising no one else can watch this game apart from us in Ireland everyone else is looking for streams.

What a goal :D.

Great goal from Walcott.

Bit mad looking at twitter and realising no one else can watch this game apart from us in Ireland everyone else is looking for streams.

What a goal :D.

Ramsey's ball jesus

That was a smashing ball who played that Wilshere or Ramsey? Great finish as well :-D

Good game

Some nice touches from Arsenal. City still look dangerous on the break.

Our passing in midfield is brillant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Weldone Ramsey, theo is our best finisher, no question about it.

• Advertisement

We look to have a bit of a swagger to us today something I haven't seen from an Arsenal team in a long time. Wilshere is diff gravy lads gonna be some player for us this year.

Walcott needs to improve his crossing. It's the weakest part of is game. Wilshire looks good today.

Chesney is a mongo he is gonna cost us big time this year, saying it 2 years now that we need a keeper.

We look to have a bit of a swagger to us today something I haven't seen from an Arsenal team in a long time. Wilshere is diff gravy lads gonna be some player for us this year.

If he stays fit sadly for the young lad he's injury prone. But he gives us that extra class that's for sure.

Chesney is a mongo he is gonna cost us big time this year, saying it 2 years now that we need a keeper.

He's error prone not good for a team going for the title.

Ramsey playing brilliant, really hope he proves me horribly wrong.

• Advertisement

Who's the fella with the glasses beside Wenger?

Jasus great effort from Sagna :eek:.

He's error prone not good for a team going for the title.

Far far too inconsistent for my liking you can see the defense just don't trust him completely.

Ramsey playing brilliant, really hope he proves me horribly wrong.

He is some player :)

Nice from Sanga! Gotta say, we are playing well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement