Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

TheBza wrote: »
    He was immense the end of last season, i think he deserves a chance in our best 11, going to be a big season for him this year. No player deserves the amount of crap he was taking from some our "fans", was embarrassing.

Ah hold on now he has shown improvement but it doesn't mean suddenly he is a world beater.

Fans are entitled to voice their frustration if they feel a player isn't up to scratch or putting the effort in, and I say that because there was plenty of games last season when he was jogging back when we were under attack, and made no effort to get his arse back and help the defence.

But he has shown improvement which is great, lets hope it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm in too. I better not be the only one who has backed us for week one :)

Me too!! Always hard to call the first round of games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Good luck with the game.

Just remember you can start a new game after Saturday.. So if anyone gets knocked out they can still play on the week after ;)

If ya have any questions just let me or Wisesmurf know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'm not an eternal pessimist, I just believe this summer has been handled terribly and we've missed a great opportunity. To the people saying "it'll be ok, wait until the window closes", the season starts on Saturday. Not September 1st. If we had been told in July that there would be no new players in before the start of the season, can anyone in here genuinely say they would have been ok with that?

I understand frustrations, I get the lack of player in concerns but player out this summer has been excellent.

The start of the league though isn't the be all and end all, Wenger probably feels the squad he has now is well capable of being thereabouts after the first 8 games with the new additions then in and settled. The league isn't won in the fist 3 weeks. I'd much prefer waiting until the death for players like Gustavo/Suarez than just signing an anyone before the start of the season.

If no players are signed I will become a huge pessimist but I don't think it will come to that, I expect 2/3 big signings will happen

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's not always right but if David Ornstein says the Gustavo link is purely agent talk then I'd be considerably more pessimistic. If we were interested you'd be inclined to think we'd probably have moved for him by now.

Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

They will send be additions that's without question the squad is too thin

But will they be proper quality additions that's what I'm waiting to see

Signing 2/3 players is not the answer

Signing 2/3 quality players is the answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Ah hold on now he has shown improvement but it doesn't mean suddenly he is a world beater.

Fans are entitled to voice their frustration if they feel a player isn't up to scratch or putting the effort in, and I say that because there was plenty of games last season when he was jogging back when we were under attack, and made no effort to get his arse back and help the defence.

But he has shown improvement which is great, lets hope it continues.

Its my opinion. There's a difference between fans voicing an opinion and fans wishing he was dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

and to think of the amount of sick abuse Ramsey was getting off some of our supporters.

Ramsey has been playing well of late and in the latter part of last season. He still has a lot to work on. In the earlier part of last season he was guilty of a lot of poor passing and he missed a few sitters too. Sometimes he slowed down the play when there was a quick break on (as did Arteta).
    I think he is over exuberant at times and will settle down. He is growing on me as he is Arsenal through and through. Still a few rough edges but getting there.

Ramsey has been playing well of late and in the latter part of last season. He still has a lot to work on. In the earlier part of last season he was guilty of a lot of poor passing and he missed a few sitters too. Sometimes he slowed down the play when there was a quick break on (as did Arteta).
    I think he is over exuberant at times and will settle down. He is growing on me as he is Arsenal through and through. Still a few rough edges but getting there.

People forgot his age and that injury he was coming back from
    It got to the point when even when he played ok he was slated to the high heavens

I reckon he will be running out midfield for years to come

And I think he can play in all 3 midfield positions

• Advertisement

Its my opinion. There's a difference between fans voicing an opinion and fans wishing he was dead.

Ah hold on, one or two morons who probably got brave on facebook or something doesn't doesn't mean it was a whole lot of supporters.

You get that in all walks of life, even the greatest footballers get that.

I think that's a massive overreaction.

When did i say all supporters? i said some, and it wasn't just a few, it was a lot more than a few, he left twitter over the abuse.

Ah now. I didn't see anyone posting that. We all want our players to be the best. Ramsey will be a great .... in time.

Ah now. I didn't see anyone posting that. We all want our players to be the best. Ramsey will be a great .... in time.

Im telling ye man some of the stuff i read on twitter etc. was sick.

Sure that's with everyone on Twitter, full of idiots.

Thank God I avoid Twitter and Facebook. I'm too old for that s***.

• Advertisement

You're better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wonder how much money we freed up after getting rid of all the deadwood?

Just enough to give Arsene his bumper payrise next year Id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's not always right but if David Ornstein says the Gustavo link is purely agent talk then I'd be considerably more pessimistic. If we were interested you'd be inclined to think we'd probably have moved for him by now.

Ugh...
    Did someone not quote earlier where Wenger said we are in for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Quazzie wrote: »
    Did someone not quote earlier where Wenger said we are in for him?

Yep Sky had it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Didn't Wenger just say that there was "nothing concrete"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Didn't Wenger just say that there was "nothing concrete"?

"I have no idea who Santi Cazorla is"

"I have no idea who Santi Cazorla is"

For every one of those there are 10 that are actually real and we don't end up signing anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

For every one of those there are 10 that are actually real and we don't end up signing anyone.

Actually real?

screen-shot-2013-08-13-at-11-18-59.png

L'prof wrote: »
    Actually real?

As in he means what he's saying, there is nothing concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Who's the players above Fellani?

Baines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Baines I think, although I don't recall being linked with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In LMS but not saying who I picked. Lets just say I won't be upset if I'm eliminated :pac:

Saw the link for LMS, is it just a bit of craic or do I need to put money in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The Irony of Liverpool selling one of there REAL rivals a 2nd player today is savage :) Downing and Carroll will be back to haunt pool in the hunt for Europa league places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    Saw the link for LMS, is it just a bit of craic or do I need to put money in?

It's just a bit of craic all you need to do is register and join up.

For any you Liverpool fans who have been lurking around here a lot lately feel free to join up it be grand as long one yehs don't win :p.

The Irony of Liverpool selling one of there REAL rivals a 2nd player today is savage :) Downing and Carroll will be back to haunt pool in the hunt for Europa league places

Don't forget Shelvey to Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stewart Downing has completed his transfer from Liverpool to West Ham for an undisclosed fee! Liverpool won't disclose it because it's another shambles of a failure for them in the transfer market! Bought for £20 million two years ago and sold for what's been rumoured to be £6 million. This coupled with the sale of Andy Carroll to the same club for £15 million, £20 million less than Liverpool paid for him! Haha! And Liverpool's owner was wondering what they were smoking at the Emirates!!!

Funny and all but i think we should knock it on the end again before we get another infestastion lol

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cringe.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »
    Stewart Downing has completed his transfer from Liverpool to West Ham for an undisclosed fee! Liverpool won't disclose it because it's another shambles of a failure for them in the transfer market! Bought for £20 million two years ago and sold for what's been rumoured to be £6 million. This coupled with the sale of Andy Carroll to the same club for £15 million, £20 million less than Liverpool paid for him! Haha! And Liverpool's owner was wondering what they were smoking at the Emirates!!!

Why bother posting that? Aside from it having nothing to do with Arsenal, it's like you want liverpool fans to come into the thread and kick up a fuss again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Why bother posting that? Aside from it having nothing to do with Arsenal, it's like you want liverpool fans to come into the thread and kick up a fuss again?

Why not! It's the truth. Liverpool supporters have a huge problem with that. Very narrow minded fans. Quick to judge others while they don't like being criticized themselves! Phil Thompson or Thommo is a prime example! Liverpool insulted Arsenal by going public in what they said! Henry on twitter and Rodgers saying Liverpool are a bigger club than us and asking Suarez to show some loyalty. Pretty rich coming from a manager whose managed four teams in five years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Napoli have enquired for Lacina Traore of Anzhi. Good move on their part, hopefully we take a closer look if we're moving on from Suarez at this point.

• Advertisement

Lads whats the story with Gourcuff ? We don't even need him i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Lads whats the story with Gourcuff ? We don't even need him i'd say

Apparently he's been absolutely sh*te the past few years but Wenger likes him so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. We don't need him at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its Downing. Its selling to a rival, not strengthening one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

DenMan wrote: »

Well the 30 million profit we all want to give them for Suarez should even it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Apparently he's been absolutely sh*te the past few years but Wenger likes him so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. We don't need him at all though.

He was brilliant on Saturday for Lyon - if he can get back to his best would be a great purchase as a squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Its Downing. Its selling to a rival, not strengthening one.

Downing was great for all of his career except his time at Liverpool where he was constantly under pressure.

I think we all know that he will be back in his element at a club like West Ham and he will most likely put in some great performances too.

Happy to see that Arsenal are interested in Gustavo. Especially after seeing loads of people here criticise Wenger for losing him to Wolfsburg.

• Advertisement

Yeah a few years ago around the time of the Henry handball rubbish he was a great player but never pushed on did he ? I suppose if we got rid of Diaby he'd be a good replacement as in he might be able to get off the bench without tearing a muscle

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Downing was great for all of his career except his time at Liverpool where he was constantly under pressure.

I think we all know that he will be back in his element at a club like West Ham and he will most likely put in some great performances too.

Happy to see that Arsenal are interested in Gustavo. Especially after seeing loads of people here criticise Wenger for losing him to Wolfsburg.
    Actually is nothing to suggest were interested.

20 Days........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Actually is nothing to suggest were interested.

Are you one to see anybody talking about rumours and then ruin the fun immediately? :P

Now, I could sit down a list around 5 players Arsenal have been linked with in the last few days but no, Luis Gustavo is the one I choose because it looks pretty concrete.

You're saying that there is "Nothing to suggest" that we are interested. I think that Sky Sports News reporting that Wenger confirmed an interest in him after a pre-season game in Helsinki is definitely "Something to suggest".

It would be naive to say it's 100% true. But it is definitely probable. And for God's sake, it is definitely a reason to "Suggest" that we are interested.

It's like saying there is nothing to suggest that there is a fire, when there is smoke in front of you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

20 Days........

4 days :pac:

Joking aside, did anyone start an Arsenal thread fantasy league yet?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement