Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Paulegend wrote: »
    that been said it doesnt happen to suarez as much as the other two

suarez has never been sent off for liverpool.

(still got banned for 18 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Vieira was a pussy ... did you never see Peter Storey playing for the Gunners? - he'd shove Billy Bremners head up Paddy's arse whilst taking lumps out of John Terry ...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i suspect fergie encouraged the intimidation of refs by players.

I suspect Refs encouraged the intimidation of Refs by Fergie ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

suarez has never been sent off for liverpool.

(still got banned for 18 games)

never been red carded. his attitude gets him into trouble but rooney and vieras attitude got them sent off ALOT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

never been red carded. his attitude gets him into trouble but rooney and vieras attitude got them sent off ALOT

true, but its part of what makes them the players they are.

true, but its part of what makes them the players they are.

oh it is completly

i would have loved someone like roy keane or viera at liverpool during our "teble season" we could have pushed on for the title if we had that bit of stealy troublemaker in midfield back then.

im not a fan of suarez's antics but there is no denying he gets results and wins games by himself. nobody outside united liked ronaldo when he was delivering titles. it goes back to even dicanio shearer hutchinson cantona and so on. players get into trouble because they want to win. doesnt make them right in what they do and sometimes it can be cringeworthy (lehmann and drogs i think it was) but their will to get a slight edge to win every single game is what makes them the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

**** sake. Yet again we go into the season still searching for players. Its an absolute crime. If Mr Wenger had a normal job like you and I he would be sacked for incompetance. Im absolutely **** sick of it.

FearDark wrote: »
    **** sake. Yet again we go into the season still searching for players. Its an absolute crime. If Mr Wenger had a normal job like you and I he would be sacked for incompetance. Im absolutely **** sick of it.

there is no proof that he has been given that money to spend though to be fair. how do you know its wenger not willing to spend and its not really the board?? after all they wouldnt go a few more million for higguain. the. there was the alleged breaking the release clause on fellani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

there is no proof that he has been given that money to spend though to be fair. how do you know its wenger not willing to spend and its not really the board?? after all they wouldnt go a few more million for higguain. the. there was the alleged breaking the release clause on fellani

Wenger decides How much to spend and How much he is willing to offer, we've been over this; )

Wenger decides How much to spend and How much he is willing to offer, we've been over this; )

but dont the board have to santion it??

• Advertisement

but dont the board have to santion it??

Of coarse they tell him his budget and finalise the deals, but it is up to Wenger entirely what he does with that budget and how much he allocates on a single bid. Every reporter with a link to the club or person close the club are all agreed on this. Gazidis himself said it to be so.

Of coarse they tell him his budget and finalise the deals, but it is up to Wenger entirely what he does with that budget and how much he allocates on a single bid. Every reporter with a link to the club or person close the club are all agreed on this. Gazidis himself said it to be so.

makes no sense as to why he isnt bidding though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Wrnger has money. He doesnt know how to spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

wrong thread

makes no sense as to why he isnt bidding though

But he has been bidding? Case in point Suarez. But Wenger sets his own valuations on players and has tendency to penny pinch. I've already read today it's not dick law or Gazidis holding up deals but Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Raf32 wrote: »

if you read the article youll notice it says nothing to warrant the headline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Your right. Its a really strange headline after reading the article. Unusual from the BBC.

Its from his quotes after the match in the Kyodo paper.

• Advertisement

Its from his quotes after the match in the Kyodo paper.

there where no quotes. if there where they would have been quoted in that article.

it was a story made from the twitter crap spouted on here earlier. it was changed once it was realised it was all rubbish

there are no quotes

there where no quotes. if there where they would have been quoted in that article.

it was a story made from the twitter crap spouted on here earlier. it was changed once it was realised it was all rubbish

there are no quotes

the quotes are on their website which he said after the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sooo I'm confused did he say he's leaving or what the **** ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

the quotes are on their website which he said after the match

do you have a link to the quotes?? or the interview?? or even the words?? funny how noone else has picked up on it bar twitter. bbc's link says nothing about it

there are no quotes

Just as there were no quotes yesterday, yesterday supposed story was blatantly wrong it just made no sense. The amount of people who all of a sudden thought he was signing a new contract was astounding.

A paper called kyodo??? Has the quotes haven't read it yet in work.

• Advertisement

i maintain that if you subscribe it will give a some rehash of a story that says nothing

Just as there were no quotes yesterday, yesterday supposed story was blatantly wrong it just made no sense. The amount of people who all of a sudden thought he was signing a new contract was astounding.

at least reputable sources picked up on that unlike this

Liverpool fans clutching at straws then ?

Liverpool fans clutching at straws then ?

more like arsenal fans clutching since all the reports are saying he is staying and only twitter is saying the opposite

I want to hear it from Suarez himself..Just like his statement last week , But being honest im sick to **** of this transfer window I know the season is starting Saturday but i can't wait for September the 1st for the all this rubbish to be over with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

more like arsenal fans clutching since all the reports are saying he is staying and only twitter is saying the opposite

I can deal with Liverpool fans in this thread but you are just immensely irritating.

AdamD wrote: »
    I can deal with Liverpool fans in this thread but you are just immensely irritating.

why is that now??? im saying that its fake news

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't think anyone bar Suarez can really claim to know what he wants with any great authority right now.

Not really no Arsenal fans seems convinced we will get him anymore. I just find it funny How many people believed that crap that was spouted yesterday, staying for the fan's come on really, new contract even worse. Yeh Liverpool went from saying he must issue an apology to offering a player who has a long term contract a new one at the drop of hat all without an official statement from either party's just a south American journalist; )

Didn't realise there were still some of those in here O_O

I don't think anyone bar Suarez can really claim to know what he wants with any great authority right now.

i do think its obvious that if liverpool gave him the green light he would be gone in a heartbeat though. regardless of whether he wants to stay or go

if he stays it will be with a contract that allows him to leave for an amount that liverpool and he deem acceptable if liverpool dont make champions league next season. he will say that he loves the club and the players and the fans and all that crap because he will want to get back in the good books for now. if liverpool are serious about refusing to sell him at any price right now then i see this as the only logical outcome. a half apology will come in time also just to keep up the pr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

United plotting a £40m bid for Ozil...

What is it about Arsenal and United with these insulting, laughable bids?!

Not really no Arsenal fans seems convinced we will get him anymore. I just find it funny How many people believed that crap that was spouted yesterday, staying for the fan's come on really, new contract even worse. Yeh Liverpool went from saying he must issue an apology to offering a player who has a long term contract a new one at the drop of hat all without an official statement from either party's just a south American journalist; )

of course if he stays he'll get a new contract. it means nothing other than he will get a release clause

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think most arsenal and Liverpool fans don't give a fcuk about the Suarez thing anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

2ndcoming wrote: »
    United plotting a £40m bid for Ozil...

What is it about Arsenal and United with these insulting, laughable bids?!

How the fcuk is £40m laughable? An opening bid like that isn't way off the mark

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    How the fcuk is £40m laughable? An opening bid like that isn't way off the mark

Don't feed the troll we've been over this multiple times already in the last 2 weeks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

>Arrives<

>Inserts Soups123's sarcasm detector<

>Leaves<

On seeing the second reply I think there's some chill pills needing to be prescribed around here. I've been posting in this thread for a long time, you might pay attention to who's posting something or even read their signature for a clue before accusing them of trolling.

>Arrives<

>Leaves<

On seeing the second reply I think there's some chill pills needing to be prescribed around here. I've been posting in this thread for a long time, you might pay attention to who's posting something or even read their signature for a clue before accusing them of trolling.

Fair enough point taken :)

Alan Brasil just confirmed he heard a strong whisper that Rooney Emirates bound.
    This market is crazy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

>Arrives<

>Leaves<

I'm a bit lost here where you being sarcastic or was I? I thought it was a decent bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Alan Brasil just confirmed he heard a strong whisper that Rooney Emirates bound.

I would rather Rooney than Suarez at this stage to be honest, 30 million should be enough to get him. Watching the clips on SSN of England training he looks very lean and fit. I think he would be a superb signing for us especially with him thinking he has to prove a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

No doubt they saw him in London :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I would rather Rooney than Suarez at this stage to be honest, 30 million should be enough to get him. Watching the clips on SSN of England training he looks very lean and fit. I think he would be a superb signing for us especially with him thinking he has to prove a point.

Yup agreed, no chance of him doing something stupid, point to prove, not missing first 6 games and around 10-15 million cheaper, plus weaken United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

These may be a lot of mis-information put out there by clubs wanting to hold onto players and those wanting to get rid.

Paper never refuses ink as I have said many times here.

I will believe things when I see players signing and not before..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement