Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Fair enough point taken :)

No worries man
    Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost here where you being sarcastic or was I? I thought it was a decent bid

It's a perfectly sound bid. It's an enormous sum of money for an excellent footballer.

I was making a joke of how everyone with anything to do with Liverpool from the manager to the cleaning lady from back in the 60's seemed to think our bid of £1 more than that for Suarez was insulting or laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Kyodo news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyodo_News

Are they a reputable source - Fcuk knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Die Welt apparently reporting that Gustavo has signed for Wolfsburg.

Wake me up when September ends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Kyodo news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyodo_News

Are they a reputable source - Fcuk knows

Telegraph going with it, so must be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkk SAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

2ndcoming wrote: »
    No worries man

It's a perfectly sound bid. It's an enormous sum of money for an excellent footballer.

I was making a joke of how everyone with anything to do with Liverpool from the manager to the cleaning lady from back in the 60's seemed to think our bid of £1 more than that for Suarez was insulting or laughable.

Right following you now, I bit thinking it was another stupid post, it was a stupid post you shouldn't be joking in here its been way too serious for that :)

I must be getting bad - I've beaten you to posting the bad news :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This is just embarrassing now.

• Advertisement

Sure is it any wonder we cant attract players anymore, we sell our best players to our nearest rivals what sort of message does that send out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Our "marquee" player will be someone from Duffy's feckin Circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

This is just embarrassing now.

Looks like another season on the fringe of greatness for Arsenal... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

A mad trolly dash on the eve of the transfer deadline...... the bargains, whoever is left. Same old Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    A mad trolly dash on the eve of the transfer deadline...... the bargains, whoever is left. Same old Wenger.

Those bargains could include Eriksen and Alderweirald ;) Don't give up yet lads, keep the toys in the pram until the end of the window

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gustavo meltdown alert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why would he choose wolf over us, we were never in for him, that's obvious.

I'm going to ****ing explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Gustavo said a few days ago he didn't want to fight for a place but wanted to be guaranteed a first team spot. He sounds like another Arshavin/Bendtner in the making to me. He may have loads of talent, but if he is not willing to fight for a place on the team or put in the effort, Wolfsburg (or whoever else) are more than welcome to him.

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Don't just assume there will be one. If we get off to a decent start Wenger won't move on anyone. It took an 8-2 defeat for the last trolley dash. This time around the CL qualifier and Spurs game will decide if we spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

farna_boy wrote: »
    Gustavo said a few days ago he didn't want to fight for a place but wanted to be guaranteed a first team spot. He sounds like another Arshavin/Bendtner in the making to me. He may have loads of talent, but if he is not willing to fight for a place on the team or put in the effort, Wolfsburg (or whoever else) are more than welcome to him.

I wouldnt compare him to them to be fair.
    Surely he could have got more money at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are these sources reliable?

That's a convenient way to spin it. I never saw any quotes like that at all.

Is it time to panic yet?

ronjo wrote: »
    I wouldnt compare him to them to be fair.
    Surely he could have got more money at Arsenal.

reminds me of Verthongen, was afraid to come because place wasnt guaranteed, now he plays for some tin pot side in north london :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

713.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well at least it wasn't to Napoli this time round.

18 days til the window closes.

Panic on the 19th..............

• Advertisement

Suarez story now reported on sky, back to where we were.

267297.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

ooc9pDP.jpg

Best team on the job so far!

"aw your shouldver seen me, i was in the zone. what? no, no, i didnt sign him, but i was so close, i could feel it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I like ye guys

But yer all nuts :)

pandaboy wrote: »
    ooc9pDP.jpg

Best team on the job so far!

Just spat the dinner all over the laptop. CLASSIC :pac:

• Advertisement

That's a convenient way to spin it. I never saw any quotes like that at all.

No that was absolutely the reason for him leaving Bayern Munich. 'the Die Welt article mentions it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Where did the Gustavo thing come from? Who said we were interested? It's hard to keep track when seemingly every single link to every player is posted.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Where did the Gustavo thing come from? Who said we were interested? It's hard to keep track when seemingly every single link to every player is posted.

Geoff Arsenal was the first to say it, picked up on then by all the papers, Sky, BBC and other "ITKs"

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just spat the dinner all over the laptop. CLASSIC :pac:

This is the one that got me. Post transfer window methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If this is to be believed we haggled over the fee again -
    If so then the miserly policy is alive and well at Arsenal.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/db1QL?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

In other news, Eircom just knocked €10 off my monthly bill.

That should get me into one CAT A game this season, or 3 ****e one's

If this is to be believed we haggled over the fee again -
    If so then the miserly policy is alive and well at Arsenal.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/db1QL?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=arsenal

Which is also linked to this:

Extremely dubious stories floating around that site.

Going to watch the Brazil game to scout our news players, Cesar and Gustavo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Still waiting to hear "Wenger is trying his best" and "let's Wait until the transfer window ends".

This is like a Shakespeare tragedy been a Arsenal fan. I don't see this ending well for us or Wenger.

Bargin basement singings isn't sending out the right message to our fans or our rivals.

pandaboy wrote: »
    Which is also linked to this:

Extremely dubious stories floating around that site.

Wait until he makes his speech tomorrow guys. All these dodgy reports don't help the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Looper007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear "Wenger is trying his best" and "let's Wait until the transfer window ends".

This is like a Shakespeare tragedy been a Arsenal fan. I don't see this ending well for us or Wenger.

Bargin basement singings isn't sending out the right message to our fans or our rivals.

Countless 'bargain basement' signing for us have been amazing. Probably the best players Wenger has signing have been from the 'bargain basement'.

Trawled back 20 pages to find the code for fantasy football... anyone have it?

Looper007 wrote: »
    Wait until he makes his speech tomorrow guys. All these dodgy reports don't help the situation.

That was the point I was trying to make. Although the press conference will mean sweet FA. He won't state anything other than the game ahead. There'll be slight allusions to some transfer progress but we won't know until the fat lady loses her voice.

Can't wait for the game on Saturday, it's been too long. Villa will be great a team to play as well, not a bad opener. Hopefully no injuries tonight and we'll be flying. Wonder who'll play LW? Rosicky? Podolski on the bench for coverage in ST and the Wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

TheGunns wrote: »
    Countless 'bargain basement' signing for us have been amazing. Probably the best players Wenger has signing have been from the 'bargain basement'.

Different time now Gunns, we need to make a statement. We haven't won anything in a long time. Even Wigan Portsmouth and Swansea have won trophies. We can't accept another trophyless season can we?

We were promised to spend cash and yet our Transfer policy has been disgraceful.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement