Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I don't even know what to think anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Really

Shelvey

Really

Hahahahahahahahaha

Here's a "special team" for the league:

gunnerstatgoons_zps68c3a966.jpg

Can't imagine many changes, unless we well a few more players :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Really

Shelvey

Really

Hahahahahahahahaha

:D Somebody sign me in :D But lets be fair we have had that standard of player in our squad before and it did us no harm, Stephen Hughes, Vivas, Grimandi etc :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Did someone want Shelvey?
    Sweet baby jesus help us all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ganbry et al would be a better option than Shelvey. Would agree Bony and Wanyama could have been decent options, only to add depth rather than be starters every week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Imagine Giroud and Shelvey together !!
    Beauty and the Beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Imagine Giroud and Shelvey together !!
    Beauty and the Beast.

You mean dumb and dumber

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Theeeoooooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Theeeoooooo!!

Nice goal

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    You mean dumb and dumber

you leave Oliie alone!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Theeeoooooo!!

Nice one too, did well.

Walcott goal for England, very lucky to get another chance at that as it was a poor touch to get it under control. Nice finish al the same.

you leave Oliie alone!

The striker with the two left feet. Jaysis he's going to be our main striker this season :(.

Higuain scores for the Argies v Italy :mad:

what could of been :(

Is anyone a little bit afraid we're going in with Giroud as our main striker?

17 goals 10 assists, first season. not bad. cult hero.

The striker with the two left feet. Jaysis he's going to be our main striker this season :(.

He'll get over 20 goals this season. I would advise everyone to have him in their fantasy team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

We should sign him up. Much better than Suarez :D

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He'll get over 20 goals this season. I would advise everyone to have him in their fantasy team.

Nah he scores around 15 mostly agaisn't bottom teams. I have no confidence in him as our main striker. Wright, Anelka, Henry, Van Persie erm Giroud. That's a major fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

what could of been :(

Is anyone a little bit afraid we're going in with Giroud as our main striker?

He had a very strong first season and has had a great pre-season. I'm not worried at all. Obviously, we could upgrade but Giroud is not a reason to be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »

Have him in mine!! Big season from him!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He had a very strong first season and has had a great pre-season. I'm not worried at all. Obviously, we could upgrade but Giroud is not a reason to be worried.

I think he is, he's struggles to take chances agaisn't our bigger rivals. Good back up but as a main striker we should be aiming higher. That's just my opinion.

I like Giroud but he seems to need too many chances to score, although in saying that some of the service he got last season was nothing short of shocking. He has a lovely touch for a big man and will get plenty of assists. Good looking bugger as well :D

Nah he scores around 15 mostly agaisn't bottom teams. I have no confidence in him as our main striker. Wright, Anelka, Henry, Van Persie erm Giroud. That's a major fall.

He got 25 the season before he joined us. He'll bang them in this season, I have no doubt.

Not worried about having him as our go to guy at all, it's having no decent cover for him that's the problem. Pod and Theo are good at what they do but neither are great as the lone striker.

• Advertisement

fair play to Hodgson, jack off after 45 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

fair play to Hodgson, jack off after 45 mins.

Just himself or the whole team? Always nice to wait for the build-up I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

3 days before the season starts with a paper thin squad and where is Arsene? In France commentating on a meaningless friendly. I just don't know sometimes :confused:

3 days before the season starts with a paper thin squad and where is Arsene? In France commentating on a meaningless friendly. I just don't know sometimes :confused:

He's looking at those bargin buys. You know the type that end up selling of to Crystal Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only good thing about him being in France is they do tend to quiz him and he has been known to let out more than he should.

That is of coarse if there is anything to let out :o.

Relax on the Gustavo so many conflicting reports saying Wolfsburg, Arsenal etc even Barcelona, Inter and Napoli were linked today hopefully tomorrow he give us at least a hint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I know and how dare those players we are chasing play in these meaningless friendlies.

Only good thing about him being in France is they do tend to quiz him and he has been known to let out more than he should.

That is of coarse if there is anything to let out :o.

Relax on the Gustavo so many conflicting reports saying Wolfsburg, Arsenal etc even Barcelona, Inter and Napoli were linked today hopefully tomorrow he give us at least a hint.

Ya I won't believe anything until he makes the statement. Have been one of the most patient people here over the summer but it's starting to get to me now. Must try to keep the faith! :o

Soups123 wrote: »
    I know and how dare those players we are chasing play in these meaningless friendlies.

yeah you believe that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

yeah you believe that :rolleyes:

I will do

I will do

Too many seasons of been burnt has me less believing that, I hope you are right but I see Wenger just pickin' up a easy pay day myself.

Fellaini is playing, maybe he's looking at him! :D

Fellaini is playing, maybe he's looking at him! :D

Rickie Lambert, I throw a few million Southampton's way. He causes big teams a lot of problems and is a better player for me then Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Rickie Lambert, I throw a few million Southampton's way. He causes big teams a lot of problems and is a better player for me then Giroud.

Seriously? On what basis is he better? Where has he proven himself?

Shelvey and Lambert :D:D
    Get a grip lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ya cause he'd fit perfectly into our system!!

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seriously? On what basis is he better? Where has he proven himself?

scoring 15 goals for mid table team in the premiership and scoring loads in the championship and 1st division. Scoring on his English debut, yeah I think he's proved himself alright.

Just looking at Zaha coming on for England, where we actually in for him or was that all paper talk? Looks a decent prospect.

Lambert is what he is. I like him, and i'm happy for him on his debut. But he's at his level.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just looking at Zaha coming on for England, where we actually in for him or was that all paper talk? Looks a decent prospect.

he's a gooner. but we weren't serious about him.

Lambert is what he is. I like him, and i'm happy for him on his debut. But he's at his level.

Better then Giroud, come on lads stop acting like we're the Mardid and Munich's of this world. For **** Sake we signed chamkah, lets not act all high and mighty.

he's a gooner. but we weren't serious about him.

When are we serious about anyone.

Shelvey and Lambert :D:D
    Get a grip lads.

To be fair the 2 above would be a lot better than what we have bought before, Chamakh, Park, Santos, Silvestre, Denilson, Squillachi spring to mind. Do you blame us throwing up these names we are been starved of some transfer action :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Better then Giroud, come on lads stop acting like we're the Mardid and Munich's of this world. For **** Sake we signed chamkah, lets not act all high and mighty.

Chamack came to us with a great record and was sought after by many. Lambert is at his level, and you are equating scoring goals in the Championship with scoring goals in Ligue1 and the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Lambert and Shelvey. Jesus can you imagine the meltdown if that happened.

Id rather sign no one to see us signing these types of players.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Chamack came to us with a great record and was sought after by many. Lambert is at his level, and you are equating scoring goals in the Championship with scoring goals in Ligue1 and the Champions League.

He's done it in the premiership and actually scored agaisn't the big guns. Worth a few million rather have him agaisn't the Chelsea's and City's of this world then Giroud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement