Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Looper007 wrote: »
    Rickie Lambert, I throw a few million Southampton's way. He causes big teams a lot of problems and is a better player for me then Giroud.

Christ man give it a rest, the whole forum know you dont rate Giroud as being good enough for us, we get it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's done it in the premiership and actually scored agaisn't the big guns. Worth a few million rather have him agaisn't the Chelsea's and City's of this world then Giroud.

Well hopefully people with your level of thought never get near buying for us then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    To be fair the 2 above would be a lot better than what we have bought before, Chamakh, Park, Santos, Silvestre, Denilson, Squillachi spring to mind. Do you blame us throwing up these names we are been starved of some transfer action :pac:

Don't blame you but aim higher.
    They would be no improvement on what we already have.
    Shane Long is better than Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Lambert and Shelvey. Jesus can you imagine the meltdown if that happened.

Id rather sign no one to see us signing these types of players.

Better then Santos, Park, Gervinho and Chamkah. Yeah they turned out brilliantly didn't they. I rather have an honest hard working Lambert who will give you his all then some ****ty French league signing.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well hopefully people with your level of thought never get near buying for us then.

Rather then someone like you who is happy to except Mr Bean aka Giroud as our striker.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Christ man give it a rest, the whole forum know you dont rate Giroud as being good enough for us, we get it already

Oh my god, This is a Arsenal thread and I can't put across my point:rolleyes:. Giroud is crap but i'm just surprised that most of you are happy with this.

Rather then someone like you who is happy to except Mr Bean aka Giroud as our striker.

Do you really think Lambert is such a hot prospect at 31 and has managed to never attract the attentions of an EPL team before now. Back in your box there with your bullshíte talk, thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't blame you but aim higher.
    They would be no improvement on what we already have.
    Shane Long is better than Lambert.

I agree but with our transfer policy we aren't going to get anything better than what we already have, how many times have we lost out on top players over not paying the extra few million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I agree but with our transfer policy we aren't going to get anything better than what we already have, how many times have we lost out on top players over not paying the extra few million?

Annually it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Haha Arsenal signing Lambert. Got a genuine lol out of me there buddy, fair play. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The amount of baseless assertions and vitrol which you direct against Giroud, who has only been at Arsenal one season and was decent enough and shows promise to become more than that, is truly baffling. Did he do something in real life to personally hurt you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Oh my god, This is a Arsenal thread and I can't put across my point:rolleyes:. Giroud is crap but i'm just surprised that most of you are happy with this.

Of course you can put across your point but once or twice is usually enough times to do it, as I said before, we get it already...

Do you really think Lambert is such a hot prospect at 31 and has managed to never attract the attentions of an EPL team before now. Back in your box there with your bullshíte talk, thank you very much.

No bull**** talk just my opinion you don't agree, doesn't make it bull**** just like you're point isn't. Lambert didn't he score agaisn't Utd, Chelsea,Liverpool, City. Giroud wait he didn't score agaisn't any of the top teams. I'm not saying spend 50 million on him, a 8 million pound bid be a great squad player.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Of course you can put across your point but once or twice is usually enough times to do it, as I said before, we get it already...

Thank you, but I don't see why many put their nose down to a good striker like Lambert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

people who say giroud is crap don't really have a clue.

he's not world class, but he's not crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Better then Santos, Park, Gervinho and Chamkah. Yeah they turned out brilliantly didn't they. I rather have an honest hard working Lambert who will give you his all then some ****ty French league signing.
    While they all were deadwood in the end

Gervinho played a decent role in the squad and I expect him to do well in Italy .
    Park to be honest was probably to sell more shirts in Asia
    Chamakh played well for 6 months and kept us at the top of the league but fell to pieces when dropped for Van persie.

Id rather have gervinho back than Lambert or Shelvey. Id probably rather have Wright and Davis back than have them

I no you your frustrated mate as we all are but at least give the lad the benefit of another season before totally writing him off. He could yet turn out to be a big player for us this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If I've learned anything in the last few months its this.

We would be linked with Lambert and Shelvey for months and eventually throw in two low ball bids, upset their clubs and end up holding our dlcks as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

scoring 15 goals for mid table team in the premiership and scoring loads in the championship and 1st division. Scoring on his English debut, yeah I think he's proved himself alright.

Scoring 12 goals with f*ck all service in your debut premier league season is worse than that?

:rolleyes:

No bull**** talk just my opinion you don't agree, doesn't make it bull**** just like you're point isn't. Lambert didn't he score agaisn't Utd, Chelsea,Liverpool, City. Giroud wait he didn't score agaisn't any of the top teams. I'm not saying spend 50 million on him, a 8 million pound bid be a great squad player.

He's 31/ You'd be 8million for a 31 year old who has spent most of his career in the third tier of english football.

Jesus. Some people must want to make signings just for the sake of making them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Lambert, Shelvey . . . next you'll want ****ing Stewart Downing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Holy **** tell me I haven't read John Joe Fcuking Shelvey and Lambert as recommendations as good signings for Arsenal?

Get a grip lads seriously, go dunk your heads in bath full of ice or something because I'm hoping yehs just aren't thinking straight.

Lambert better than Giroud hahahahaha.

Shelvey would be a brilliant addition hahaha.

Holy **** tell me I haven't read John Joe Fcuking Shelvey and Lambert as recommendations as good signings for Arsenal?

Get a grip lads seriously, go dunk your heads in bath full of ice or something because I'm hoping yehs just aren't thinking straight.

And Yaya Sonogo is much better than these eh?

Chamakah, Santos, Gervinho and Park, you guys were saying they were great and you were roven wrong.. Lambert is a good player.

Let's remember we singed Sango or whatever his name is. So he's good enough for Arsenal but Lambert ain't.

Chamakah, Santos, Gervinho and Park, you guys were saying they were great and you were roven wrong.. Lambert is a good player.

Let's remember we singed Sango or whatever his name is. So he's good enough for Arsenal but Lambert ain't.

Sonogo is young and has potential. Lambery spend his peak years in the Championship. See the difference.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Scoring 12 goals with f*ck all service in your debut premier league season is worse than that?

:rolleyes:

Well he's playing for Arsenal and other is playing for a newly prmoted team, yeah there is a big difference.

Sonogo is young and has potential. Lambery spend his peak years in the Championship. See the difference.

Young and potential, we've heard that before.

Yea. We have. Whats your point? or have you even got one anymore?

Sonogo is young and has potential. .

And so has Shelvey.

• Advertisement

Yeh we sure did Nicolas Anelka, Patrick Vieira, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Gibbs shall I go on?

Anyway we won't agree on this so any injury worries or did Any other Arsenal players score tonight?

sanogo is a well regarded 20 yr old prospect we got for free.
    lambert is a 31 yr old decent striker at his level. who you want to pay 8 million for.

jesus. h. christ.

Is kevin phillips available?

Is Carlton Cole still looking for a club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And Sanogo has just won the U20 World Cup for France scorin 4 goals in the process. Lambert was diggin up beetroot when he was 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

And so has Shelvey.

This is getting embarrassing........ Shelvey honestly lad this is down right ridiculous

• Advertisement

And so has Shelvey.

We go rid of him for a reason ;)

Yeh we sure did Nicolas Anelka, Patrick Vieira, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Gibbs shall I go on?

Bentley, Pennant, Stokes, Jeffer's so many that didn't too ;)

bad2dabone wrote: »
    sanogo is a well regarded 20 yr old prospect we got for free.
    lambert is a 31 yr old decent striker at his level. who you want to pay 8 million for.

jesus. h. christ.

Is kevin phillips available?

He's been known to score over 20 a season;)

so lets just sign no young prospects.

i'm going to have to take a break for a while!

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    This is getting embarrassing........ Shelvey honestly lad this is down right ridiculous

You only coped on now it's been embarrassing the last few years.

Soups123 wrote: »

Hold on a minute, I never once said that he would be anywhere near the starting 11, I said for that fee he would be good to use as backup and if he improved (he is only 20) he could break into the first team and if not we would get our money back on him. The same people on here slating me for saying he would of been a shrewd addition to the squad are the same people that are justifying signing Yaya Sonogo :confused:

Thats the chance you take on youth such as Sanogo, comparing Lambert to any of them is stupid.

Shelvey has so much potential and has shown such a bright promising future a team that has finished behind us consistently for a number of years now decided to let him go, fcuk it sign him up.

Hold on a minute, I never once said that he would be anywhere near the starting 11, I said for that fee he would be good to use as backup and if he improved (he is only 20) he could break into the first team and if not we would get our money back on him. The same people on here slating me for saying he would of been a shrewd addition to the squad are the same people that are justifying signing Yaya Sonogo :confused:

He's 21 btw

With such potential why would pool sell him at the same time the are scowering the market for emerging talent.

It's just ridiculous to suggest he could be a signing

Aaand we have Meltdown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Looper, i see how you got your name.

You only coped on now it's been embarrassing the last few years.

I've only been reading you about 4 weeks

Then lets go out and sign Michu then put a 15 million bid for him. We need a top striker guys and it's no debate on that. Why is such a big club struggling to sign players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ye have all lost it lads.

I would suggest bookmarking this and coming back at the end of the season, if you managed to get released from the looney bin.

Shelvey.

John.

Joe.

Shelvey.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement