Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too upset over what is in fact your opinion. You support the club passionately like the rest of us and are entitled to voice your concerns. Just because they differ to others it doesn't give some users the right to say things like "the loons have arrived". I think they should come down off there high horses and realise all we want is for our great club to be successful and compete off the field as well as on it.

I love the Club just don't like the fact the Mannager and Board don't show it. I just don't want to fight and bitch about Giroud or Lambert, it would go on all night. I think we shouldn't be accepting 4th every season but going for the title. Spend a bit of money and have depth in our squad. Let those guy's be insulting, I couldn't care a jot. As long as Arsenal do well i'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Telegraph backpage says we 'may' go to £49m for Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

What in gods name has happened to this thread?

I think everybody in here is pregnant.

Wellbeck was very good tonight.

I taught he played well reminds me a lot of Heskey.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus some result for Northern Ireland tonight :eek:

That Russian team ain't great shakes. But fair play to them, what score did they win?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The Telegraph reporting we may bid 49m for Suarez hmmm.....

;)

Telegraph backpage says we 'may' go to £49m for Suarez.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

What's going on in here?

Is this the Fulham thread? Shelvey? Lambert?

Just wouldn't go the 50, would we?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looper007 wrote: »
    That Russian team ain't great shakes. But fair play to them, what score did they win?.

1-0. Made even more sweeter as Capello wouldn't replace a few injuries in his team as he allegedly said "they were only playing N.Ireland" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The telegraph is reporting that your are "thinking" of bidding 49m for Luis, knowing full well that Liverpool will not sell below 50m, not to mind that they will not sell to Arsenal at any price

Arsenal are a sad sad club, If they do offer 49m, so much for Wenger's comment about respecting Liverpool.

I see they also underbid on the Brazilian that went to Bremen as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Wolfsburg have signed Gustavo according to Bild

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No surprise gustavo picked Wolfsburg

World Cup in brazil he will want playing time this year

Oh no the Liverpool muppetry is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The telegraph is reporting that your are "thinking" of bidding 49m for Luis, knowing full well that Liverpool will not sell below 50m, not to mind that they will not sell to Arsenal at any price

Arsenal are a sad sad club, If they do offer 49m, so much for Wenger's comment about respecting Liverpool.

Paulegends brother perhaps

As for the Gustavo stories lads relax there has been so many counter reports today about Gustavo its mental just wait and see.

Gustavo nor have any clubs confirmed anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You for real??

Seriously you're coming in here for a argument, pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Ok, about to read 10 new pages in last 2 hours. Better be something good in this.

If it's all paullegend crap, I'm leaving forever.

Arghhhh...my eyes...my brain!

Lambert!! Shelvey!!

You missed the Scott Parker bus!

Another new Gustavo report. Honigstein says Bild are reporting he has signed for €15m. Which seems cheap...

@karlsentk is saying his wages are €7m gross. Maybe that's what swung it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

49 million is a hell of a lot of money - virtually 3 times what we've ever paid for a player. It would also be the 2nd biggest transfer between English clubs.

Liverpool could get some very good purchases for that sort of money. Liverpool would be better off selling than letting Suarez stick around and ruin their season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Where's Gustavo? Anyone see him? Anybody????

Oh no the Liverpool muppetry is back.

Every other football board is talking about the meltdown on the Arsenal thread, you lot are the talk of boards :D
    p.s. you should have bid on shelvey (maybe you did as you have underbid on most available players in this transfer window)

Anyway, only joking, Arsenal are not that bad, you will probably sign someone before the end of the window that will keep you all happy, keep the chin up people. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Every other football board is talking about the meltdown on the Arsenal thread, you lot are the talk of boards :D
    p.s. you should have bid on shelvey (maybe you did as you have underbid on most available players in this transfer window)

Anyway, only joking, Arsenal are not that bad, you will probably sign someone before the end of the window that will keep you all happy, keep the chin up people. :D
    You really need to get a life. Just listen to yourself.

:rolleyes:

Thats all that post deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Capoute passes medical at Spurs.
    Did they break into our safe by any chance? Spending some dosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Coming in here calling Arsenal a "sad club" based on nothing but rumours and idle speculation. It's you that's coming across as sad I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    49 million is a hell of a lot of money - virtually 3 times what we've ever paid for a player. It would also be the 2nd biggest transfer between English clubs.

Liverpool could get some very good purchases for that sort of money. Liverpool would be better off selling than letting Suarez stick around and ruin their season.

No thanks, we will hold onto Luis for as long as possible, he can go to Madrid for 40m plus if he wants, but no way to the competition. ;)
    Personally I think Suarez, Bale and Rooney are all in the same position, they all want to leave their clubs, their clubs have banished them to the reserves, only difference is that Luis opened his gob. Rooney won't go to Chelsea, Bale probably will go to Madrid, so I am sure Arsenal will be glad to see the back of him, plus we will have sulky Roo at United. Happy days

Yeah? Well your username sounds like a cheap beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Fair play to the telegraph, they know what we're thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

I'd imagine so I know a lot of United fans who are equally as bemused and frustrated as Arsenal fans.

Which makes me think that one big transfer is going to trigger a frenzy. Biggest transfers so far ... Neymar, Cavani and Falcao ... transfers not yet decided Bale, Suarez, Rooney ...

I think if any of the above three Premiership players move it will trigger a scramble to replace that player and also bring players like Fellani, Dzecko and Michu into the frame.

It's the only reason I can see that Utd, Chelsea and hopefully ourselves haven't splurged yet (God I'm hoping this logic to be true).

I don't really care about the other teams - but I do hope that Arsene will invest in two players plus a marque player such as Rooney. I'm pretty sure that both Theo and Jack would have chanced saying something to him tonight or whilst training with England (don't know if there were any Chelsea players in the England squad).

Bearing in mind how we lost out on Goetze to Bayern, I think Arsene might just push the boat out for either Bender or Ginter. I don't know about Gustavo - but he looks better value than Fellani (still like Fellani though). I think he will bring in an understudy centreback - not a big name like Sahko but maybe another Koscielny from a French or Spanish club.

I said a while back it's all about balancing the team with additional players that fit our system. Giroud will be our centre forward and Theo will be our wing threat with either Pod or Cazorla on the left. Ramsey, Jack, Ox, Rosicky and Arteta are midfield so whoever we buy will be rotating with one of these or if form dictates replacing them - Gustavo for Arteta looks the most likely swap for me - maybe Bender to rotate with Jack or Cazorla. Unsure of Ginter and how/where he fits. Rooney I could see between Giroud and Midfield linking with all of them - I'm thinking of the goal he scored against us where he picked up the ball outside his own box - passed it out wide - moved and finished the move - I could see this scenario with him/Giroud-Theo/Cazorla. One thing about Rooney is he will always show for a ball which would suit us and him better than Chelsea's style of play (I think Mourinho is being clever hinting at Rooney to prevent him coming to us).

I know we're all here going apesh*t at the lack of action - the truth is if we didn't idolise and love our club we wouldn't give a shi-ite and we'd support some cash cow chavvy club. But we're Gooners - so we suffer. Who here didn't relate to Fever Pitch :D:D:D ...

We've got rid of players we needed to get rid of ... in truth everything we have read and seen thus far is media speculation ... Arsene is notorious for not seeing things and keeping his cards close to his chest ... and for good reason ... how many times have we been gazumped by Utd, Chelsea and City (and lately Napoli). He has a good knowledge of European football and has come up with some crackers in the past ... he'll know of the talent at Ajax, Dortmund, Lille ... he'll spend wisely but this time he might just be in the position to go that bit extra for what he wants (he missed Reus because he couldn't go the extra €5m that Dortmund offered).

At least that's what I'm hoping.

It's the only feasable explanation we didn't go for Shelvey and Lambert :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Bild are not reliable.

Gustavo is meant to have a press conference tomorrow. Lets just wait and see.... again!

• Advertisement

No thanks, we will hold onto Luis for as long as possible, he can go to Madrid for 40m plus if he wants, but no way to the competition. ;)
    Personally I think Suarez, Bale and Rooney are all in the same position, they all want to leave their clubs, their clubs have banished them to the reserves, only difference is that Luis opened his gob. Rooney won't go to Chelsea, Bale probably will go to Madrid, so I am sure Arsenal will be glad to see the back of him, plus we will have sulky Roo at United. Happy days

Anyway, thanks for your contribution - helped to unite a divided set of fans. :)

... the only thing worse than being talked bout is not being talked about ... I think Oscar said that ... Oscar Ardiles who used to play for Tottingham :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for your contribution - helped to unite a divided set of fans. :)

Glad to be of service, jonjo is unavailable by the way, Ricky maybe worth a punt, in all fairness United took a gamble on an ageing centre forward last year and it seemed to pay off for them :rolleyes:

ulinbac wrote: »
    Bild are not reliable.

Gustavo is meant to have a press conference tomorrow. Lets just wait and see.... again!

That made me wonder about this whole thing.

When did you ever hear about a player calling a press conference and announcing it like a week in advance?

Sounds like his agent is busy stirring up interest to me.

Glad to be of service, jonjo is unavailable by the way, Ricky maybe worth a punt, in all fairness United took a gamble on an ageing centre forward last year and it seemed to pay off for them :rolleyes:

The day Liverpool take a player of us that we don't want to sell is when I'll really begin to worry :)

@LaurensJulien: Bad news for Arsenal fans. Saw Bacary Sagna after the game tonight. He hurt his ankle and was limping. He is not sure about Saturday #AFC

gosplan wrote: »
    That made me wonder about this whole thing.

When did you ever hear about a player calling a press conference and announcing it like a week in advance?

Sounds like his agent is busy stirring up interest to me.

The original source was Die Welt. I'd say that was far too much of a sober instituition to be taken in by agent spin. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

good man.

off you trot now. run along.

Had to laugh at arseblog yesterday if anyone read it.

Basically said Wenger is football's hipster.

You can see it too..,

'Suarez, yeah, he's good. Higuain, yeah he's good. There's this other guy though, Sanogo. You've probably never heard of him ...'

• Advertisement

Quote from Gustavo's agent Roger Wittmann to WAZ (a Wolfsburg newspaper): 'His decision is nearing, but it is not there yet for the public.'

Just as a matter of interest - how did Jack play tonight? How did any of the Arsenal guys do - Theo/Ox/Giroud/Santi

ugsparky wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest - how did Jack play tonight? How did any of the Arsenal guys do - Theo/Ox/Giroud/Santi

I know Cazorla scored that about it.

The original source was Die Welt. I'd say that was far too much of a sober instituition to be taken in by agent spin. Hope I'm wrong though.

No I get that the story is real but why announce days in advance that you're having a press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well if he chooses wolfsburg over us then he's not the kind we need. end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ugsparky wrote: »

The bro in law sent me a text tonight saying Cazorla is magical and hes a Spurs fan. He scored and got an assist as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So if Sagna is out for Saturday, doesn't that mean we'll have no defenders on the bench? There is no one.

Oh it's ok, we have that young Hayden lad who made his first team debut last week. Great.

bad2dabone wrote: »

In fairness, the priority for any Brazillian player in the national team this year will be first team football.

The world cup will be the biggest thing in Guatavo's career. You'd imagine that's why he's leaving Bayern and if he's behind Arteta, then he shouldn't join us.

bad2dabone wrote: »

Or we can question why we're losing out to a player who will join a mid-table, nothing Bundesliga side instead of us. It has to be a case of our valuation or salary offered, if either were.

• Advertisement

Or we can question why we're losing out to a player who will join a mid-table, nothing Bundesliga side instead of us. It has to be a case of our valuation or salary offered, if either were.

Why are they a nothing side?

How do you know we're 'losing' out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement