Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Running Gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

The HRM seems too cheap,would it be worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Socks are always good value..will be refreshing my stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

ooter wrote: »
    The HRM seems too cheap,would it be worth buying?

I read before that they can be unreliable, the thinking is that if it worked properly the likes of Garmin etc would use that technology rather than having a separate HR strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

I read before that they can be unreliable, the thinking is that if it worked properly the likes of Garmin etc would use that technology rather than having a separate HR strap.

It seems to have a HR strap?
    Choose from 2 different styles
    Wirelessly transmits heart rate from chest strap to watch Easy-to-read LCD display with optional backlighting
    3 year guarantee, price per set

Source

crisco10 wrote: »
    It seems to have a HR strap?

Source

Aha, I stand corrected :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Aha, I stand corrected :o

I have one and while i do not use it any more, it was accurate when i did. Nothing bad about it. Shows you your current HR and you can set it to let you know when you get to your max HR.

No average HR and not possible to record it.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

No men's shorts? I usually like to pick up a pair of the Lycra ones for wearing under soccer shorts.

They had men's and women's compression shorts in there last week if that's what you're looking for, I was in Lidl in Glasnevin at the weekend and they had plenty left, along with a load of cycling gear, compression tops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

crisco10 wrote: »
    Socks are always good value..will be refreshing my stock!

Stocked up this morning, they are packaged as cycling socks but look and feel the same as previously purchased running socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is there really much difference between cycling and running tops, shorts and socks apart from pockets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Lidl running gear is back again next Thur (9th). Scented insoles are a new one on me :)

Lidl stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

opus wrote: »
    Lidl running gear is back again next Thur (9th). Scented insoles are a new one on me :)

Lidl stuff....

Finally a benefit to working next to a Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I want the "sports vest" because it has 3D shoulder insulation and elbow insulation. I've always wanted those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

huskerdu wrote: »
    I want the "sports vest" because it has 3D shoulder insulation and elbow insulation. I've always wanted those.

I know you're joking but those tops are actually great! I got one a couple of years ago and its served me very well, keeps you nice and toasty even if its raining. I'll be picking up a couple more on Thursday for the Art Oneill challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I know you're joking but those tops are actually great! I got one a couple of years ago and its served me very well, keeps you nice and toasty even if its raining. I'll be picking up a couple more on Thursday for the Art Oneill challenge.

I agree, The last base top I bought in Lidl was top quality, add on the laugh I got from the OTT description, and its a bargain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Also gota agree, the tops are great. I use them during winter and they keep me nice and warm even during frosty nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

anybody knows what the Sensiplast Compression Support Range Knee is like, I have an issue where one of my my quad muscles is not strong enough to keep kneecap straight over longer distances (effectively a form of Patellar Subluxation) and was looking at this to aid along with the exercises the physio gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-A9909D75-C66802DD/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=111

More running stuff 29/3

Anyone know if the "training shoes" are actually running shoes, bought a pair of these before and they were fine but i think they were call running shoes.

Advertisement