Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jake Bugg for Olympia

Options
  • 22-07-2013 11:38am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following his well-received turn at Longitude, Jake Bugg has announced a headlining November 4 visit to the Dublin Olympia. Tickets priced €26.40 go on sale on Friday July 19. By then the young Nottingham scamp will have released his second album, which he’s been assembling in LA with Rick Rubin and his superstar muso friends including drummer Chad Smith who it took Jake a while to work out was a Chili Pepper! With one of Johnny Cash’s right-hand men also involved it promises to be an interesting affair!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Following his well-received turn at Longitude, Jake Bugg has announced a headlining November 4 visit to the Dublin Olympia. Tickets priced €26.40 go on sale on Friday July 19. By then the young Nottingham scamp will have released his second album, which he’s been assembling in LA with Rick Rubin and his superstar muso friends including drummer Chad Smith who it took Jake a while to work out was a Chili Pepper! With one of Johnny Cash’s right-hand men also involved it promises to be an interesting affair!

Tickets go on sale on the 19th July? Today is the 22nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

mutley18 wrote: »
    Tickets go on sale on the 19th July? Today is the 22nd!

Tickets go on sale Friday, 26/07/13 at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Put on a great show in the academy earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was at the Academy and it was Brilliant. Will be hoping to pick two of for this. Same week as Beady Eye too in the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

"Due to phenomenal demand, Jake Bugg has added a second date to his Irish stint.

He’ll play what looks like a sold out November 4th date at The Olymia Theatre and follow it up with another on November 5th. Tickets on sale now."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Got my ticket this morning. His music's good and the ticket prices weren't bad either so why not! Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Just bought one for Tuesday, not sure if I'll be able to go or not but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it! Ground tickets are gone for Monday, just seated tickets left from what I could see. If they keep selling like this then I should have no trouble offloading the ticket if I can't go, he'll only get more popular between now and November anyway. Hopefully I can go...even if I have to go alone :pac:

Who's supporting Jake tonight?

Any idea as to what time he will be on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

He was brilliant. Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

foxy06 wrote: »
    He was brilliant. Really enjoyed it

What time was he on stage at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What time was he on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭GBXI

Anyone know who is supporting Jake tonight?

He was fantastic last night. Excellent performance by him.

Just back. Amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭GBXI

The boy is absolutely gifted. Some gig.

Can't understand how he's not more popular.

GBXI wrote: »
    The boy is absolutely gifted. Some gig.

Can't understand how he's not more popular.

Yeah the gig was brilliant, much better than I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Brought my nine year old son on Monday. Wasn't expecting much myself but I have to say, he is one extremely talented bloke.

Surprisingly good stage presence and really strong songs.

Fair play to the lad.

Advertisement