Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to style a bob cut

• 22-07-2013 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

I just got a bob. And I have very little clue on how to style it. I always had long hair all my life up to this point. The last syle I had was a quite long bob (think Olivia Palermo) with straight bangs and it wasn't that different from styling long hair.

In short, bob hair wearers: what sorts of products do you use on your hair for styling? What tools do you use the most? I used hot rollers and wands a lot with long hair. But I feel like I need a proper straightener and a different tong with this hair(?). Please help me! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I use a heated roller brush (Tresemme Brand) to dry it as apposed to a hairdryer. The roller brush gives my hair tons of volume and straightens it at the same time so that I only need to use the straightner on my fringe. My hair is much more healthy as a result, although I do need to get it cut a bit more regularly as I don't like when the bob looses it shape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

MissElle wrote: »
    I use a heated roller brush (Tresemme Brand) to dry it as apposed to a hairdryer. The roller brush gives my hair tons of volume and straightens it at the same time so that I only need to use the straightner on my fringe. My hair is much more healthy as a result, although I do need to get it cut a bit more regularly as I don't like when the bob looses it shape!

Thank you so much for replying! ;)

I was actually wondering if getting a hot air styler would be a good idea. And you just gave me the vote of confidence. :D I've been doing a lot of scrunching. But I'd like a smooth style every once in a while. :cool:

I'm looking into different options for a hot styler atm. Are you happy with the Tresseme one? What do you think about the rotating ones? And would you go for the Tresseme one again if you were buying a hot styler right now? And are you happy with the 50 mm size? I was thinking maybe I should go for a smaller size with the shorter hair (?).

Sorry for so many questions. :o

Thank you so much for replying! ;)

I was actually wondering if getting a hot air styler would be a good idea. And you just gave me the vote of confidence. :D I've been doing a lot of scrunching. But I'd like a smooth style every once in a while. :cool:

I'm looking into different options for a hot styler atm. Are you happy with the Tresseme one? What do you think about the rotating ones? And would you go for the Tresseme one again if you were buying a hot styler right now? And are you happy with the 50 mm size? I was thinking maybe I should go for a smaller size with the shorter hair (?).

Sorry for so many questions. :o

No problem :)

I absolutely love the Tresemme one - I've actually just re-bought it because Ive had the original one just under two years and wanted a new one. I find the 50 mm size perfect and my hair length is just at my jaw. I've tried the rotating babyliss one and I found it useless tbh, my hair kept tangling even though its short. (Plus it was so expensive compared to the Tresemme one!!)

No problem :)

I absolutely love the Tresemme one - I've actually just re-bought it because Ive had the original one just under two years and wanted a new one. I find the 50 mm size perfect and my hair length is just at my jaw. I've tried the rotating babyliss one and I found it useless tbh, my hair kept tangling even though its short. (Plus it was so expensive compared to the Tresemme one!!)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ;)

I'm very clumsy so I'd definitely get my hair all tangled up with a rotating one then. :eek:

Quick update: I got the Tresseme one and I LOVE it!! :D

It was also highly praised in many reviews. And condsidering its reasonable price, I went ahead and get it last week. And it is fair to say that it is my favourite hair styling tool EVER. :eek:

Yes, it is that good. I was never able to blow my own hair out before. But this is so easy to use. I did a complete blow out for a sleek look. I looked like I've just been to a hair salon. :) I used it just to smooth out some pieces and the ends for a messy look; and it turned out great! :cool: I got so many compliments on my hair this week because of it. :)

Sorry for overuse of smileys. But I'm THAT happy about this gem of a Tresseme gadget. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Hey vibrantblue, what's the name of that Tresemme brush? Would it be this one by any chance: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRESemme-2776U-Professional-Volume-Styler/dp/B003N7NIRO It sounds great, I'd love to get it!

suomi wrote: »
    Hey vibrantblue, what's the name of that Tresemme brush? Would it be this one by any chance: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRESemme-2776U-Professional-Volume-Styler/dp/B003N7NIRO It sounds great, I'd love to get it!

That's the one! Think Boots sell it too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Sorry for hijacking thread. I dont really want volume on my very short bob but just something that will blow dry it dead straight. I have to use straighteners every day and hair is wrecked. Is it possible to use the volume styler without creating so much em,volume?!

That's the one! Think Boots sell it too :)

Thank you MissElle! ;) Yes, that's the one.

seefin wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking thread. I dont really want volume on my very short bob but just something that will blow dry it dead straight. I have to use straighteners every day and hair is wrecked. Is it possible to use the volume styler without creating so much em,volume?!

When I don't want the whole sleek blow out look, I don't blow out piece by piece. I just do the ends and some unruly bits and it ends up looking less voluminous and more messy. But I don't think you can get the stick straight look with the Tresseme one. It is 50 mm; so it will always give you some sort of volume. You can look into others with smaller brushes though. I think that might work for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Was kinda thinking that. Thanks a mill, will look out for one with smallest possible barrel! Def worth trying one of these and trying to salvage my hair
    When I don't want the whole sleek blow out look, I don't blow out piece by piece. I just do the ends and some unruly bits and it ends up looking less voluminous and more messy. But I don't think you can get the stick straight look with the Tresseme one. It is 50 mm; so it will always give you some sort of volume. You can look into others with smaller brushes though. I think that might work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Thanks for your help MissElle and vibrantblue! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I have always had a bob cut of very my very thick and straight hair (but beware of a 'layered bob'). My very favourite tool is a simple Babyliss brush styler that seems to be exclusive to Argos and only costs about 12 euro. It means I can tame my straight hair and put a turn under end with just one hand instead of previously doing a blowdry with strong hairdrying and comb. I think this is gentler on the hair than direct heat of a hairdryer. It is also very neat/small for travel and by removing the brush attachment works as a simple hairdryer.

Advertisement