Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trends 2013!

Options
  • 22-07-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi everyone.

I work in the design industry and am currently creating Christmas designs!
    So excited as I'm a Christmas nut!!

Anyway here is some of the upcoming trends for 2013.

spicyorange.jpg

SPICY & ORANGE

bluechalet.jpg

BLUE CHALET

winterwalk.jpg

WINTERWALK

santashome.jpg

SANTA'S HOME

fairytaleforest.jpg

FAIRYTALE FOREST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi everyone.

I work in the design industry and am currently creating Christmas designs!
    So excited as I'm a Christmas nut!!

Anyway here is some of the upcoming trends for 2013.

santashome.jpg

SANTA'S HOME

Love this one!!! Makes me feel all warm and Christmassy inside :pac:;)

That sounds like such a lovely job! So who do you do designs for exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Hi leahyl

Yeah that's a lovely trend. Traditional but it's also kind of fresh.

I work freelance for people and also for my own little brand.
    Yes it's a great job especially when Christmas comes up!

Hi leahyl

Yeah that's a lovely trend. Traditional but it's also kind of fresh.

I work freelance for people and also for my own little brand.
    Yes it's a great job especially when Christmas comes up!

Cool :) The first and second ones are lovely also! will you come and decorate my house for Christmas?! :pac:

Hee hee! I'd love to :D

Oh I love Christmas so much. I seem to put my tree up earlier and earlier each year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

do you sell to the public or have a website?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Please bear in mind that linking to or promoting a website/business that you own or are affiliated with can result in a ban for spam or shilling.

And we don't want that, do we? :)

Agree Posy. I don't want to be promoting myself. I just want to participate in all the Christmas goodness! :D

I love the blue and silver themes I have to say, but I don't find them as warm or inviting as the cosy red and gold colours. I'm already beginning my 'what colours do I want to decorate my Christmas tree' dilemma.

I have some gorgeous gold baubles and decorations that I got last year in M&S but I would love to splash out on a load of Newbridge Silverware decorations! :o

I think I'd have to spend a good few hundred though to get enough to cover the tree with so I probably won't be doing that this year anyway!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I love the Spicy & Orange! Makes me feel all cosy :P

Posy wrote: »
    I love the blue and silver themes I have to say, but I don't find them as warm or inviting as the cosy red and gold colours. I'm already beginning my 'what colours do I want to decorate my Christmas tree' dilemma.

I have some gorgeous gold baubles and decorations that I got last year in M&S but I would love to splash out on a load of Newbridge Silverware decorations! :o

I think I'd have to spend a good few hundred though to get enough to cover the tree with so I probably won't be doing that this year anyway!! :pac:

Oh Posy you're getting me all excited now about putting up the tree again!!

• Advertisement

Sure it's August now so I say get that tree up asap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Winter Walk is so fab! I love those cool colours in winter, way more than the rustic reds and browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Posy wrote: »

Posy, why don't you ask people to get you one as part of your gift each Christmas ? My little brother gives me some sort or tree decoration every year and we give my O/H's sisters a decoration every year too....that way you have lovely heritage stuff on your trees.... :)

Pang wrote: »
    Winter Walk is so fab! I love those cool colours in winter, way more than the rustic reds and browns.

I'm also a fan of Winterwalk. Love the snowy feel of it.
    Ideally I'd like to have a tree in each room with a different theme!

Some day I will achieve this!! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Quick question, I seem a bit out of the loop here, how do you know these will be the 2013 trends when it's only August? I'm very confused haha!

The design industry works out of season. Sometimes up to 2 years. It's around August that companies will be looking at artwork to get them into production for the coming Christmas.

There's trend companies that set the trends. Some catch on, some don't.
    Also you'll probably see that if an influential celebrity wears something, e.g. Kate Moss/Sienna Miller or if a big film comes out e.g. The Great Gatsby - these create trends in themselves. In the fashion industry if a celebrity wears something - that's not on trend - but catches on. This is called fast fashion - and designers will be working overtime to get their version out there into the marketplace.

Some of the Christmas trends will catch on, some won't. The buyers in shops sometimes buy some of the trends, so you may only see some of these trends.
    Also red and green will always be seen at Christmas. It's classic and traditional and there will always be a market for it.

Omg that would be an amazing idea! Believe! It will happen!

Omg that would be an amazing idea! Believe! It will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lovely!

Posey, Each year we buy one Newbridge tree decoration. Sometimes 2. Our collection is building up slowly but surely and each decoration represents a year for us. I'm loosing track but there are a few that mean a lot, like the big snowflake is from our first year in our house and the first of the collection, the 2 turtle doves on a heart are from the year we got married etc. It's our own little Christmas thing and became a "family tradition" within 2 years. I'd highly recommend building a collection that way rather than hoping to buy loads together.

(not that that wouldn't be fun!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

A lady I know did a fab themed Christmas branch...

Its painted white, stands about 6 foot tall, and has all crystal decorations on it. Paired with some white fairy lights, it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Posy perhaps you could try a little tree like this with the new bridge decorations while you are building up to the grande version. :D

My favourite theme is the winter one!It's gorgeous. Might do something with those colours in my bedroom this year.... promised myself a little piece of Christmas in my room this year!! It's always to hard to leave the sittingroom with its lovely decorations :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Oh my gosh so excited to find this they are all beautiful but my favourite is Fairytale forest.

At the moment I have 2 trees in my house at Christmas a 6 ft and a 7ft. One is all for the kids multi coloured lights lots of reds golds and Santa the the other is my baby White clear lights and all my treasured decorations I have built up over the years from everywhere I have ever been. I always buy a decoration on holidays. I collect the newbridge have about 30 of those and am starting to collect the Belleek living range and Jim Shore who my sister introduced to me American range just beautiful.

Posy like other posters said start getting newbridge as a gift my hubby now always adds a few into my Christmas present and other family members too don't think I have ever bought myself one

I am just full of Christmas cheer now after seeing this thanks so much

Advertisement