Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going from 20mg to 12mg

Options
  • 22-07-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Up to now I've been using 20mg/18mg juice, just ordered a bottle of 12mg, not used it yet, just wondering if anyone noticed any differences like going through more juice because of the lower nic content or any other experiences you have of cutting the nic level down

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You might use a little more juice for a while, as you adjust to getting a lower doseage of nic, but you'll be grand! ;)

I've been on 12mg since last year, but lately, it's a bit much, so dropping to 6mg pretty soon! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

As eeloe says, it does take a little while to get used to it. You'll probably vape more to get the nic for a while because it is noticeable. I'm on 9-12mg and although I've tried, I can't really go below that. I think that's harder to do than 18 to 12mg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You'll get less of a throat hit too. I started on 12mg and when I tried a few 20mg I found them way too harsh on the throat, I was coughing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

EGriff wrote: »
    You'll get less of a throat hit too.

That's not good news, I like my throat hit :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's not good news, I like my throat hit :(

You can try flavours that naturally have a bit more of a bang to them. Strong menthol for e.g. still has a great kick even at low nic strengths. For tobacco flavours I find Cigarillos Naturales still has a bit of punch at 12m.g., especially if you 'retrohale' straight from your mouth out your nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im jumping between 18mg and 12mg,theres definitely more vaping on lower mg but like someone said its more up to juice taste,as i believe after vaping for a while person develops habit of vaping just like smoking and nic content is just mental illusion that you need certain amount of nic in it.
    was thinking to do experiment on my dad who was smoker over 30y,now i got him e-cig and he uses it more often now,but always asks about nic in it,so if switched to 3mg or 0 with nice tobacco taste i guess it would work like placebo effect,with person thinking its 16-18mg in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mmmm.....I tend to much prefer the sweet, fruity flavours, time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I moved down to 12 and didn't really notice the difference after a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Moved down to 12 about 5 months ago and going well. One major thing I have noticed is my nicotine cravings are a lot weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I bought 18 & 0 little bit of 18 and 2/3rd's 0 works fine for me 2 months of the fags now. oh B&H flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I started at 24 and 18 and then within a week or so dropped it to 12. It did take a bit of adjusting to, but it wasn't that hard and once I'd gotten used to it I was fine. I use the sweet fruit flavours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I use 12 mostly but sometimes buy an 18 or 24. Apart from the TH I don't notice any difference in usage. 5 or 6 ml no matter the nic content. Think I'm immune to nic now and addicted to the psychical part, the actual vaping rather than feeding a craving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MollyZ wrote: »
    I started at 24 and 18 and then within a week or so dropped it to 12. It did take a bit of adjusting to, but it wasn't that hard and once I'd gotten used to it I was fine. I use the sweet fruit flavours too.

Same here. It isn't the same as going from Marlboro to silk cut.

Advertisement