Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default template behaves improperly.

Options
  • 22-07-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

Both bright and dark 'forum default' templates work improperly:

- very top links (Talk to / Boards / Adverts / Arts / Biz / etc...) are static (no drop-down on hover),

- same issue with links under my nickname and 'My Forums',

- header remains sticky regardless of settings ("use sticky haeader" unticked)

- home page (boards.ie) tabs ( Latest Posts / My Forums / My Threads / Trending / Thanks) have no content, tabs are not switchable.

Cleared cache and cookies - no change. Disabled browser's plugins and extensions (Firefox 22.0) - no change. Used Safari instead - no change.

Problem does not exist on randomly checked 2 other templates.

Appeared yesterday or the day before - I am very sorry, but don't remember exactly. :o

Will provide screenshots upon request.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

joujoujou wrote: »
    Both bright and dark 'forum default' templates work improperly:

- very top links (Talk to / Boards / Adverts / Arts / Biz / etc...) are static (no drop-down on hover),

- same issue with links under my nickname and 'My Forums',

- header remains sticky regardless of settings ("use sticky haeader" unticked)

- home page (boards.ie) tabs ( Latest Posts / My Forums / My Threads / Trending / Thanks) have no content, tabs are not switchable.

Cleared cache and cookies - no change. Disabled browser's plugins and extensions (Firefox 22.0) - no change. Used Safari instead - no change.

Problem does not exist on randomly checked 2 other templates.

Appeared yesterday or the day before - I am very sorry, but don't remember exactly. :o

Will provide screenshots upon request.

Sounds like a javascript issue alright, are you being presented with any javascript errors / warnings in the browser console ? (In Firefox hit "Ctrl - Shift - K" and unselect Net / CSS / Logging and refresh the page, in Chrome hit "F12" and select the Console tab and again refresh the page).

Failing that a screenshot of the homepage along with a screenshot of http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics (with your IP address removed if possible) would be great as a next step.

Thanks, R

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sounds like a javascript issue alright, are you being presented with any javascript errors / warnings in the browser console ? [...]
    Actually, loads of errors and warnings. :)
    Schowek00866.png
    Failing that a screenshot of the homepage along with a screenshot of http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics (with your IP address removed if possible) would be great as a next step.

[...]

Well, not a screenshot, but hopefully it's fine. ;)
    Diagnostics Page
    Your System

IP Address: you know it anyway ;-)

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
    Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.7 r700 installed
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1280 x 800

Current Browser: 1280 x 648

Colour: 24 bit
    Our Server

Date/Time: Monday 22nd of July 2013, 14:31:48

Name: www.boards.ie (pops)
    LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes

Followed Forums:
    null

User Details

Username: joujoujou

User ID: 558715

Moderator: No

And homepage's screenshot (fullscreen) below:

Schowek00865.png

Thank you for quick reply. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Please try another browser, there seems to be significant problems with your Firefox - it's not loading jQuery and complaining about some vBulletin javascript that at this stage is many years old, untouched for a similar length of time and has functioned flawlessly in the past. I cannot reproduce your issues here on Windows 7 with Firefox 22.

It might not be a bad idea to try creating an alternative Firefox profile for testing, it gives you a proper blank slate to work from but be warned that you'll lose your history & settings if you delete the old profile

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Already tried so (I have 3 FF profiles, including blank one). Also, as mentioned above, tried totally different web browser with no luck either. :P

Anyway, whatever you did, everything's back to normal now, so thank you very much indeed. :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement