Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing wild flowers amongs grass

• 22-07-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

I have an area of garden that I have deliberately let grow into longer grass and the odd nettle which attracts a huge amount of wildlife into the garden, its approximately 15ft wide by 40ft long and part of a much larger garden.

I'm hoping to broadcast some wild flower seeds into it but wondering will they take amongst the grass if I soak it and cast the seed or will I have to dig up to reach soil.

Any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

A good soaking and a few generous handfuls of bird feed:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tulipout wrote: »
    A good soaking and a few generous handfuls of bird feed:)

Thanks, beginning to think I'd been forgotten :) - I have the grasses already, its the flowers I need to introduce, but thinking on it, birdseed does take fairly easily so would probably be the same for a wild flower mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Sorry, Im lost. What are you doing with the bird seed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

pmason wrote: »
    Sorry, Im lost. What are you doing with the bird seed?

Nothing was purely remarking that dropped birdseed often sprouts from the soil ( well it does from my bird table ) therefore, broadcasting wild flower seeds should in theory work

Advertisement