Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to run in Glenageary

Options
  • 22-07-2013 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

Im going to be working in Glenageary (near Sallynoggin) and just wondering where would be good to go for a run after work for an hour or so a couple of times a week?

Generally I run in Marlay Park in Rathfarnham, either on tarmac or through the woods on the trails.

Are there any nice public parks in or near Glenageary? Be handy to get the run in immediately after work and let the traffic die off during it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Im going to be working in Glenageary (near Sallynoggin) and just wondering where would be good to go for a run after work for an hour or so a couple of times a week?

Generally I run in Marlay Park in Rathfarnham, either on tarmac or through the woods on the trails.

Are there any nice public parks in or near Glenageary? Be handy to get the run in immediately after work and let the traffic die off during it.

Are you driving to the park or running to it? Kilbigget park, cabinteely park and shanganagh park are all nearby but better by car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Are you driving to the park or running to it? Kilbigget park, cabinteely park and shanganagh park are all nearby but better by car.

Thanks for this, I will have the car alright, Ill check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Run up Killiney hill down to the beach and back around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

There's football pitches across from Sallynoggin church that would probably be the nearest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Interested in same myself. Living in Dalkey, but as nice as Killiney Hill is, I fancy a change of scenery.

Anywhere in Dún Laoghaire/Monkstown that would be suitable?

Can drive if needs be, but accessible by foot would be better. Don't mind a good trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

How about Dalkey to Monkstown Via sandycove /Dun laoghaire seafront/coast road and one of the piers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Interested in same myself. Living in Dalkey, but as nice as Killiney Hill is, I fancy a change of scenery.

Anywhere in Dún Laoghaire/Monkstown that would be suitable?

Can drive if needs be, but accessible by foot would be better. Don't mind a good trek.

From the bottom of castlepark road to the end of the east pier and back, or along the sea front to the people's park, then up the metals to castlepark rd and then down to the end is four.

I do both these regularly and really enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Run down to Sandycove then along the seafront and you can run as far as Blackrock if you want to. You also have the choice of incorporating both the piers into your run if you fancy a longer route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Good suggestions guys.. Will start working my way through them this week.

Gonna try Dalkey to Blackrock on Monday, see how I fare.. :)

Thanks.

Advertisement