Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Period 3 days late-neg hpt

Options
  • 22-07-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

This is my first time seeking advice on one of these boards so ill try be as specific and detailed as possible. My period was due on the 19th of this month and my cycle is usually very regular ... I have an app on my phone for monthly cycles that usually gives me a very accurate idea of when I'm ovulating, period due etc and it reads that my most fertile time would have been the 30th of June to the 6th of July with the 5th being my most fertile day... I had unprotected sex on the 4th , 5th and 6th of this month. Leading up to my period I tend to get incredibly bad cramps so I know it's coming but this month I've had nothing. The only symptoms I've had that seem to be common from other threads I've read are : slightly bloated, more frequent bowel movement(may not be a symptom as heard constipation is more common) really bad acne, spells of dizziness, constant runny nose, lots of cm sometimes white, was yellow the last couple of days... I keep thinking I'm being paranoid and it's just about to come but it's very unusal for me to be late at all... Took a hpt about an hour ago and it came up negative... Could it be too early to test or are there any other possible reasons for these symptoms? I don't want to get my hopes up either way. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

OP you say you have an app that tells you accurately when you are ovulating - is this the only tracking method you are using? because even women with regular periods don't always ovulate at the same point each month etc. Even if you do ovulate regularly, some women ovulate late or early in the cycle, not just between day 10and 15. Are you tracking it in other ways like your temp or mucus etc?

Generally the Hpt tests are quite accurate - the clear blue ones in particular, but the best time of day to test is first urine in the morning. They can usually pick up even lower levels of bHcg as early as 1 day after the period is due. If another hpt in the morning shows negative, I would just assume that your cycle is late this month - this does happen when you start trying as your body starts to be affected by your 'planning'.

If you still have symptoms but no period or positive test by 1 week late, then I would go to the doctor.

fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Koalabear23

This is generally the only method I'm using... Not actively trying to conceive but then not preventing it either if you get me? Just letting what will be, be! I can normally tell anyways around the time of ovulation, I have a greater quantity of cm and I tend to get sharp pains!

Thanks for your reply! I think you're right and I should leave it for a bit to test again.

Have been reading alot about women who were up to 2 weeks late before their hpt's showed positive. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I suppose that could happen if the Beta levels are quite low. Anything over 7 is technically positive, but some hpts don't pick up low levels like this.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

This is generally the only method I'm using... Not actively trying to conceive but then not preventing it either if you get me? Just letting what will be, be! I can normally tell anyways around the time of ovulation, I have a greater quantity of cm and I tend to get sharp pains!

Thanks for your reply! I think you're right and I should leave it for a bit to test again.

Have been reading alot about women who were up to 2 weeks late before their hpt's showed positive. Any thoughts?

The sharp pains are the follicles stretching rather than the egg erupting. For instance, I had pains on days 9,10, 11, and worried that we had missed the boat (we were getting Assisted Conception) when I went for follicle tracking on day 12 I mentioned it to the nurse. We could see on the ultrasound 2 mature and one slightly immature follicle. I took the Trigger Shot that evening, which ensured I ovulated 36 hours later, on Day 14. That was the month I got pregnant. If I had gone with my previous understanding I would have assumed that I ovulated on day 9, when in reality it was 5 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 murdie35

Hi all I am new to this. My husband had sex on the 7th july and the next day was the start of my fertile week and my ovulation day was the 13th July. I am five days late and very bad pains more in the right side and down below. I checked this morning and some blood but over an hour now and nothing since. I did 2 pregnancy tests this week and negitive. Can anyone advise me or give me some answers. I have one child already and nothing like this happened the first time. Thanks,

• Advertisement
Advertisement