Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

• 22-07-2013 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Thought I start a thread for those who plan on buying this at midnight launch and those who want to get the best price.

Not too sure if Tesco will be even selling this but if they are there are only a handful of stores that are 24 hour these days. The only ones in Dublin are Dundrum, Clarehall, Blanchardstown.

Gamestop have said that they expect to sell it for anything between 60-65 for just the normal game on its own and will be doing some midnight launches.

Xtravision are taking pre-orders but no idea of price yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I have mine preordered in the GameStop in Cavan town, but I will be in Galway for college, the apartment this year won't be too far of a walk away from the 24 Hour Tesco in the Galway Shopping Centre on the Headford Rd, so I may just pop down on the night to see what's what.

Knowing me I'd end up getting too excited and then become depressed at the thought I'd have to wait another 3 days to go home and play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

littlewoodsireland

57e, free delievery and i was told guarenteed launch day delivery
    although im sure it depends where you live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Xtravision Ballina are holding a midnight launch and will be giving away free goodies to those who attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone pre-order from Gamestop before and got the game early or exactly on the day?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone pre-order from Gamestop before and got the game early or exactly on the day?

I've ordered Fifa there before and it was on the day with them.

However with Xtravision, I was told to come in the afternoon before on a few occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.com €56.99 incl delivery. Irish company and more or less guaranteed delivery on release day.

I'll pop up to Tesco the day before and ask if they have it in stock for a midnight release. If they say yeah I'll head up there. If they say no I'll pop down to Xtra Vision and pre-order for that night.

Either way I'm sure I'll be fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've never bought a game in Tesco, it just feels wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Cienciano wrote: »

Nothin' wrong about getting it for 10quid less than your mates ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yeah, think it'll be Tesco for me. Small game sellers tend to be a ripoff.

• Advertisement

Yeah, think it'll be Tesco for me. Small game sellers tend to be a ripoff.
    It's just tesco get a few of the big releases during the year and sell them below cost.
    Rather go to a proper game shop or gamenash and buy it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Do i get the pre order blimp bonus if i preorder from gamenash or is it just a gamestop exclusive? I couldnt find any mention of the preorder on the gamenash website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'll be going to tesco and topping up on munchies while i'm there.My fall back plan is to take my pre-order in gamestop (only have a fiver on it anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Got it for a tenner in gamestop, traded in Red Dead and WWE 13. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Preordered mine for €47.17 on CDwow, not sure if it's still that price but I only ordered a week or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have the special edition pre-ordered in Gamestop for 79.99. I will be staying up late the night before to tire myself out and sleeping all day before heading off to the midnight launch. Then I'll be playing all night when I get home. I want to be the first boardsie to find where the hookers are working, hire one, and kill her after the deed to get my money back.

Does anyone know anything about Argos and games? Do they have them on release days?

Gamestop, Cork pre-ordered. Traded in WWE13 and Red Dead and got it for a tenner.

Midnight release in store. Can't wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Think I'll go for the Us region version for PS3 on play-asia. €45

Comes with Atomic Blimp but that's probably standard

http://www.play-asia.com/grand-theft-auto-v-comes-with-atomic-blimp-dlc-paOS-13-71-ze-49-en-70-4grk.html

Have you ever bought games from play-asia before and what is the delivery time?

I sent a few gifts over to some Thai hookers and it took about 2 weeks to get to that part of the world.

I wouldn't want to be left waiting for too much after the 17th of Sep for the sake of a few euros.

• Advertisement

Have you ever bought games from play-asia before and what is the delivery time?

I sent a few gifts over to some Thai hookers and it took about 2 weeks to get to that part of the world.

I wouldn't want to be left waiting for too much after the 17th of Sep for the sake of a few euros.

Bought loads of them.

IIRC I bought GTAIV off them. Hell I'm so old I bought Resident Evil 4 on GC off them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Preordered mine for €47.17 on CDwow, not sure if it's still that price but I only ordered a week or so ago

If you want to play it on release day I'd advise canceling that order and going with another store. CDWOW are absolutely horrendous for new releases. I was waiting 3 weeks for Uncharted 2 to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cienciano wrote: »

For Black Ops 2, I went to Tesco with my friend, he got it for €45 just after midnight, then we continued to Gamestop where I had it pre-ordered and had put most the money down on it already, picked it up, exact same thing but €15 more at €60. So Tesco is defo a worthy opponent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cavan GameStop are doing a late night opening, not that it really matters to anyone else here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Gamestop, Cork pre-ordered. Traded in WWE13 and Red Dead and got it for a tenner.

Midnight release in store. Can't wait!

Shall see you there so, preordered the special edition in the Cork Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If you want to play it on release day I'd advise canceling that order and going with another store. CDWOW are absolutely horrendous for new releases. I was waiting 3 weeks for Uncharted 2 to arrive.

Long as I get the game, that's all I care about :)

aaronh007 wrote: »

I ordered off them before, not sure what GTA it was. But didn't get it on release day, took about 6 weeks to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tesco in Dundrum (Dublin) is easiest for me. Anybody have experience buying any release at midnight here?

how much are tesco charging anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Got it for approx 30 euro in game stop!!
    Looked at their trade in 2 games and get a new game for 10 euro on their website found the 2 cheapest games on amazon that were on the list each cost about 10 euros delivered. Just thought I'd spread the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Gamesnash for me.

Tesco pricing, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

if you don't have access to xbox live can you still use the blimp and everything?

What to you mean by xbox live? Do you mean connected to the internet, or an xbox live gold sub?

If its the gold sub you should be able to use the blimp because you can still use MS points and purchase arcade games so no reason you wont be able to use the blimp as that will more than likely be a redeem code that comes with the game.

If its no internet than I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Pre ordered mine in gamestop, got free poster with release date spring 2013 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

Does anyone know how much Gamestop are charging for the game?

60 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

60 euro

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Can confirm Gamesnash Dunboyne is opening at midnight for this.

Pricing at store level tbc but will post up closer to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Xtravision in Headford Rd Shopping Centre, Galway will be having a midnight launch.

• Advertisement

GameStop Ballina are holding a midnight launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

The question still remains, Tesco whats the story with this for those of us looking for the best bargain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Booked the €149.99 Collectors Edition in Gamestop myself, couldn't resist the flex fit fictional city baseball cap, hoping for a price reduction though,€149.99 is rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV will be reopened in some places by the time this is released, if they get any stock of it in though is the €1m question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Going to be back in Edinburgh for this, so might pop down to HMV if they are having a midnight release. Never been to one so it might be good craic. Also since Rockstar North are based in Edinburgh, maybe some of the dev team might be there???

Just ordered from Gamenash.

I can't make the midnight launch in Cork now, will be away for a few days. Selling my pre-order if anyone interested.

Gamestop in the Crescent SC will be having a midnight launch, they have over 1700 pre-orders in the shop however they dont know how many units will come in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

In regards to Tesco,do they stock their shelves at bang in 12 or are they a little more flexible on their hours?

I've never bought a launch game from Tesco so im a little anxious that they might just forget to put out the stock.

I am seriously doubting that Tesco will have anything, the game is in huge demand, even Gamesnash said so at a wholesale/distributor level. Whatever they do get if anything at all will be gone in seconds, I'd say there could be a scrap/mad dash for the shelves. Could get dangerous

• Advertisement
Advertisement