Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DarkJager wrote: »
    I was told when I paid mine off last week that I'm guaranteed a copy to be held in store even if I don't go to midnight launch. For people who have only pre ordered with outstanding amounts left to pay on the game, I'd imagine it's going to be a first come first served deal.

I have GTA series that I'm going to trade in against but typically the box of GTAIV is missing :rolleyes:

As soon as it turns ups I'll be paying it off in store.

Where I'll be getting the game there is a 24 tesco in the same shopping centre.

Do you think there will be a big queue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

dave1982 wrote: »
    I have GTA series that I'm going to trade in against but typically the box of GTAIV is missing :rolleyes:

As soon as it turns ups I'll be paying it off in store.

Where I'll be getting the game there is a 24 tesco in the same shopping centre.

Do you think there will be a big queue?

I'd say the queues in any outlet selling it at midnight are going to be mental from 11 onwards. I'm personally going to start queuing from 10:30pm, that should hopefully guarantee a spot somewhere close to the front :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was told when I paid mine off last week that I'm guaranteed a copy to be held in store even if I don't go to midnight launch. For people who have only pre ordered with outstanding amounts left to pay on the game, I'd imagine it's going to be a first come first served deal.

wonder if I went in and paid for it in full tomorrow would they still do this? dunno whether to do it that way or on gamesnash

last year the queues for Blops2 were mental so I just came back an hour later and it was well after midnight, strolled in and bought one without pre-ordering, can't risk that with GTA though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I HAVE to pre-order this today, last few days I've being caught up with things but Ill make it my business this afternoon after work to get to Gamestop. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

krudler wrote: »
    wonder if I went in and paid for it in full tomorrow would they still do this? dunno whether to do it that way or on gamesnash

last year the queues for Blops2 were mental so I just came back an hour later and it was well after midnight, strolled in and bought one without pre-ordering, can't risk that with GTA though

I'd assume so man, you're basically buying your copy now and it's held seperate from the stock available to be sold on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Preordered last week and paid 50 squid off it...you guys have reminded me to go in this week and pay off the rest. I'll be collecting mine from Henry street so there will be a good few going out of that store at the midnight launch but ill be collecting mine the following morning before work..

MINE BETTER BE THERE :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd assume so man, you're basically buying your copy now and it's held seperate from the stock available to be sold on the night.

I'm off the tuesday so dunno whether to get it at midnight or just wake up and have it launch day in the post, anyone know if you'd get it the previous day with gamesnash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

krudler wrote: »
    I'm off the tuesday so dunno whether to get it at midnight or just wake up and have it launch day in the post, anyone know if you'd get it the previous day with gamesnash?

You won't get it the day before, but it you've pm'd Pat with your order number, you'll get it launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My plan was to go to a midnight launch after the Soundgarden gig, then go home and play it all night. But last bus leaves Georges Quay at 11, so I may just pre-order it off gamesnash if its guaranteed release day delivery. Is there still stock if I leave pre-order for a day or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

I still have to pre order my copy

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

slade_x wrote: »
    Boards Pre-Order Special Offer? how does one avail of this and how does xbox360 stock look for day 1 release at present?

The boards price offer has since expired I'm afraid. What had happened here was we have had a price increase from our suppliers for this title and what we had done was allowed boardsies to order at the lower price whilst stocks lasted (and then some actually!)

What we are still doing for boardises is offering a priority pick - guaranteeing you will be in the first run / picking. We do still have stock available for pre release day dispatch.

Mushy wrote: »
    My plan was to go to a midnight launch after the Soundgarden gig, then go home and play it all night. But last bus leaves Georges Quay at 11, so I may just pre-order it off gamesnash if its guaranteed release day delivery. Is there still stock if I leave pre-order for a day or two?

Yeah we should be ok but if not I will post up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

The boards price offer has since expired I'm afraid. What had happened here was we have had a price increase from our suppliers for this title and what we had done was allowed boardsies to order at the lower price whilst stocks lasted (and then some actually!)

What we are still doing for boardises is offering a priority pick - guaranteeing you will be in the first run / picking. We do still have stock available for pre release day dispatch.

How much are ye selling it for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

A friend of mine gave me this strategy, I'm still thinking about it.

He pays it off fully in Gamestop for launch day.

**If they run out and he doesn't get my copy he'll look in other shops for a copy.**

So he'll basically be paying for two GTA V's but once he'll get the Gamestop version he'll bring it back unopened.

Its a risky strategy but its interesting

cena wrote: »
    How much are ye selling it for

Current price is €57.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kenno90 wrote: »
    A friend of mine gave me this strategy, I'm still thinking about it.

He pays it off fully in Gamestop for launch day.

**If they run out and he doesn't get my copy he'll look in other shops for a copy.**

So he'll basically be paying for two GTA V's but once he'll get the Gamestop version he'll bring it back unopened.

Its a risky strategy but its interesting

have the normal one pre-ordered in Smyths and the SE in GS, if it doesnt arrive in the post

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Thanks for the info, i just placed a pre order for the xbox360 version

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave2610

I pro-ordered mine off of amazon.co.uk for €40. I Wont get it day one but I'll be in college til the weekend anyway so I don't mind.

I got a friend to pre-order mine late last week (friday I think). Put €20 on it. Just there today, I paid off the rest, and it cost €45 (so €65 in total). This was GameStop in Drogheda/Scotch Hall Shopping Centre. Thought it was only going to be €60..?

Anyway, I was talking the guy behind the till and he reckons their pre-orders are up to about 400-500, so there'll be a big queue at midnight launch. I asked him was there going to be an issue with getting a copy if you pre-ordered and he said no, it'd be held for me for 48 hours. He said he knows people that are going to start queuing from 6pm (although this sounded like a ginormous exaggeration!).

With this in mind, I reckon my approach will be to head down to Gamestop at around 12, with the aim of being there for about 12:20 or so. Hopefully I can just wander in, grab my copy and head off again. I don't have any interest in standing in queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Derek! wrote: »
    Do Xtravision allow you to trade in off pre orders or is it just GameStop?

Yup. Get them to put Trade Credit on the account then use it to pay off the Pre-order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnJ94

how do you say ur a boardsie while preordering from gamesnash and do you pay now or when it's delivered? I'm guessing I'm too new to avail. I've lurked for years but only needed to post recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

JohnJ94 wrote: »
    how do you say ur a boardsie while preordering from gamesnash and do you pay now or when it's delivered? I'm guessing I'm too new to avail. I've lurked for years but only needed to post recently.

You send a PM to Pat from Gamenash.ie here and include your order number and he will give you the discount as well as launch day arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The gamesnash rep mentions that the pre-sale boardsie price is finished, but if you pre-order, PM him the order number and it will be in priority picking for release date delivery. A very nice touch now I know of the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Yup. Get them to put Trade Credit on the account then use it to pay off the Pre-order.
    thanks Gavin, I'll head there tomoro so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

I've a pal working in Tesco, says they have got confirmation they will be selling it for €40.

There's no minimum post count required - just (as was said already) drop me a PM with the order number and I will get it sorted for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

sorry if answered before, but if i pre ordered with xtravision online would i get it on release or the day after, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

There's no minimum post count required - just (as was said already) drop me a PM with the order number and I will get it sorted for you. :)

Wold it be too late for release day delivery if ordered today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I paid off my pre-order in full.

If you have a preorder one will be kept aside for 48 hours no matter what.

Spoke to the guy in GameStop about the midnight launch. Shop opens around 10:30 where people can come in and pay for their game.

At 12 Sharp he'll just be handing over the games that are fully paid off, He said alot of time would be wasted if he had to exchange money. He said they dont expect to be open much later than 12.

SO GET THERE BEFORE 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I've a pal working in Tesco, says they have got confirmation they will be selling it for €40.

Looks like Wilton shopping center for me so!

Advertisement