Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Looks like Wilton shopping center for me so!

Thats the only 24 hours one in Cork left isnt it?

Depending on stock I'd be out there early anyway, people could be waiting for the Wilton Gamestop to open as well although if Tesco is selling it for some 20 quid cheaper stocks will fly ut the door.

I rememebr working in Mahon Point Tesco and we got in 8 or 9 copies of GTA 4, 4 of us had them "reserved" in the back as they were being sold for I think at the time, so getting your hands on a copy from Tesco could be tricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Ya I think it is the only left but I'm not 100% sure.

I wonder if you rang them up would they keep a copy for you? I remember doing this for Black Ops 1 in Paul Street but obviously this game would be much bigger.

I'd have no issue collecting in the morning. I presume the customer services desk would be closed at midnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is this 100 precent tesco are selling for for 40 euro?

can you even pre order through the tesco web site or in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

cena wrote: »
    Is this 100 precent tesco are selling for for 40 euro?

can you even pre order through the tesco web site or in store

Pretty sure you can't , Tesco haven't got a pre order functionality, AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

€40 would be ridiculous!!!!

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    €40 would be ridiculous!!!!

I've paid less for Call of Duty. Yes it isn't everyones cup of tea but it does sell big. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco have it for this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    I've paid less for Call of Duty. Yes it isn't everyones cup of tea but it does sell big. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco have it for this price.

I will be making inquiries with the local Tesco this weekend

Ya i'll be doing the same for Cork stores and will post up what I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Give them a ring lads

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnJ94

There's no minimum post count required - just (as was said already) drop me a PM with the order number and I will get it sorted for you. :)

Thanks :) Going to buy it now! What delivery option do I select?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

So am I right in saying I can walk into Gamestop today with GTA IV and GTA: LC Stories (Both are on the list) and trade them in against a GTA V pre-order along with paying €10 and they'll keep a game for me even if I'm not there at midnight release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So am I right in saying I can walk into Gamestop today with GTA IV and GTA: LC Stories (Both are on the list) and trade them in against a GTA V pre-order along with paying €10 and they'll keep a game for me even if I'm not there at midnight release?

Assuming both games are on the list for tradeines then yes, that is what happens

Assuming both games are on the list for tradeines then yes, that is what happens

Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yes, once it's fully paid off the game will be held for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

and better still i was told i might get 5 euro back when i collect after trading in both my GTA games with 10 euro because its total value is 65 and the game will be more then likely 60 so im told

and better still i was told i might get 5 euro back when i collect after trading in both my GTA games with 10 euro because its total value is 65 and the game will be more then likely 60 so im told

Even better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Anyone order from xtravision? Only pre booked last week and didn't pay it off. Not planing on going to the midnight release so a bit worried now reading all this

How can Gamestop be selling the game €60 (or so) when a supermarket chain such as Tesco can afford to sell for €40? I can understand that omeone buying bulk can afford to sell at a lower price but surely a more game-centric company like Gamestop will be taking on more copies of the game than a supermarket?

Are Tesco just taking very little profit from it or am I missing something??

How can Gamestop be selling the game €60 (or so) when a supermarket chain such as Tesco can afford to sell for €40? I can understand that omeone buying bulk can afford to sell at a lower price but surely a more game-centric company like Gamestop will be taking on more copies of the game than a supermarket?

whos to say thats it will be 40 in tesco, i thought about not pre ordering because tesco could have it for 40 but i havent seen any games tesco sell on new release for less then 55 for a long time and really all your paying in gamestop is a tenner anyways

whos to say thats it will be 40 in tesco, i thought about not pre ordering because tesco could have it for 40 but i havent seen any games tesco sell on new release for less then 55 for a long time and really all your paying in gamestop is a tenner anyways

TheKingSlayer said back in post #296 that there was confirmation received in Tesco that it would be €40. Granted that this was through a pal, but still its no less confirmation that we've had anywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Selling a game at that price for Tesco is nothing to them, they still have an entire shop full of other products for income. Gamestop selling it at 40e would be very bad business as they are a games only shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Tesco probably hope to make their money off GTA by gamers buying doritas and the like while in getting the game.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Selling a game at that price for Tesco is nothing to them, they still have an entire shop full of other products for income. Gamestop selling it at 40e would be very bad business as they are a games only shop.

Makes sense - i shall shut up now and go back to trawling through the net for any GTA V morsal of information that I haven't ingested already

I bid you good day sir

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

In the past Tesco have used games as a headline loss leader - they are paying more than €40 for the game and selling it at a loss. (if this goes out at that price) The loss being written off to their quite enormous marketing budget. If we or indeed Gamestop could afford to sell it for €40 we would :)

Tesco probably hope to make their money off GTA by gamers buying doritas and the like while in getting the game.

And red bull...

:eek:

Thats me after 24 hours straight in Los Santos

And red bull...

:eek:

Thats me after 24 hours straight in Los Santos

do tesco sell 500ml cans of redbull coz im cleaning them out if they do but if they dont ill just get all the monster instead its only 1.25 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I bought 2 games of adverts for 15 quid. Traded both games into Gamestop (on the trade in list), paid a tenner and got me a copy of gta. So I paid 25 quid for gta , score!! ;-)

Nicely done

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I bought 2 games of adverts for 15 quid. Traded both games into Gamestop (on the trade in list), paid a tenner and got me a copy of gta. So I paid 25 quid for gta , score!! ;-)
    good work man, Is it €9.99 or 99 cent though for the trade with the 2 games? cause people say €9.99 but online it says 99 cent with 2 games?

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

• Advertisement

• I would keep an eye on Supervalu as they done a deal last year on Black ops 2 for 40 euros. Any big games that release they end up getting limited stock in

Advertisement