Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

That Gamestop trade list - it's only got flags for Nordic countries and I couldn't find links to it on the homepage.

Does that mean they've killed the deal off?

If so I'll wait a few hours and pick it up cheaper when my local Tesco opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I bought 2 games of adverts for 15 quid. Traded both games into Gamestop (on the trade in list), paid a tenner and got me a copy of gta. So I paid 25 quid for gta , score!! ;-)

I can go one better on this ;)

Bought 2 £1.99 games off www.thatsentertainment.co.uk (this site has some of the most ludacris pricing, but its first come first served. Got games such as cod mw3 and wwe 13 for £2 delivered)

Traded them in back in the spring when they were on the list, the list was much better back then also, and pre ordered GTA V when it first came out for the trade 2 games for a tenner deal. Thing is the game was going to be €70 then, so they put €60 on the receipt and a tenner to pay off, but now I asked a mate, and it will be €60 to buy, and I won't have to add a tenner as on midnight release it would be too much hassle to go through all that.

So GTA V on release day for the bones of a fiver. now THATS a score!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone bought the game off PSN, how does the 75% discount work on the other R* game and does the pre-order bonus still come with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Confirmed Midnight Launch Stores

GameStop

All stores except the Corbettscourt Shopping Centre in Galway will have a midnight launch. You can search for your nearest store here.

Xtra-vision
    The openings will happen in select stores, midnight openings will be on Monday and early morning openings at 8 am on Tuesday. You can search for your local stores here

GAMESNASH
    Dunboyne

hmv
    Belfast

Pricing

GameStop

Normal Edition - €59.97
    Special Edition - €79.97
    Collectors Edition - €149.99 ***Out of Stock***

Xtra-vision

Normal Edition - €59.99
    Collectors Edition - €TBC ***Out of Stock***

GAMESNASH

Normal Edition - €54.99 (Boards Pre-Order Special Offer) / €57.49 In-store

hmv

Normal Edition - €TBC ***Out of Stock***

SMYTHS

Normal Edition - €59.99
    Collectors Edition - €129.99

Harvey Norman
    Normal Edition - €54.99
    Collectors Edition - €149.99

TESCO
    Normal Edition - €TBC
    Collectors Edition - €TBC ***Availability Unknown ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

All of the smyths stores are having a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Mc Love wrote: »
    All of the smyths stores are having a midnight launch?

Is that confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Confirmed Midnight Launch Stores

GameStop

All stores except the Corbettscourt Shopping Centre in Galway will have a midnight launch. You can search for your nearest store here.

Xtra-vision
    The openings will happen in select stores, midnight openings will be on Monday and early morning openings at 8 am on Tuesday. You can search for your local stores here

GAMESNASH
    Dunboyne

hmv
    Belfast

Pricing

GameStop

Normal Edition - €59.97
    Special Edition - €79.97
    Collectors Edition - €149.99 ***Out of Stock***

Xtra-vision

Normal Edition - €59.99

GAMESNASH

Normal Edition - €54.99 (Boards Pre-Order Special Offer) / €57.49 In-store

hmv

Normal Edition - €TBC ***Out of Stock***

SMYTHS

Normal Edition - €59.99
    Collectors Edition - €129.99

Harvey Norman
    Normal Edition - €54.99
    Collectors Edition - €149.99

TESCO
    Normal Edition - €TBC
    Collectors Edition - €TBC ***Availability Unknown ***

Where did you get the info for hmv? It can't be out of stock they haven't reopened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You can add Game Belfast to the above list. Finally got a response from them. Price is £40.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,165 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can add Game Belfast to the above list. Finally got a response from them. Price is £40.99

Damn that is just under €50 with the exchange rate as it is.

Damn that is just under €50 with the exchange rate as it is.

Doors open at 23:45 iirc and depending on numbers, it can stay open until 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,165 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Supervalu had Black Ops 2 cheap last year, has anyone heard if they will have any GTA V yet, there is also still HMV to check too odds are they won't have too many if they do get it, makes me sick to think the greedy fcuks in Gamestop charging €59.99 or €79.99 for their exclusive version.

Please people shop around on this, thanks to any and all that have put up prices for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I don't see anything wrong with paying 79.99 for the special edition. If everyone shopped around we'd all end up in a nearest 24hr Tesco's and only 5 of us would get a copy.

I don't see anything wrong with paying 79.99 for the special edition. If everyone shopped around we'd all end up in a nearest 24hr Tesco's and only 5 of us would get a copy.

Sure I'm paying £119 for the collector's edition :pac: said I'd treat myself after the 5 year wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I was going to buy the special or collectors edition but I was convinced the extra content would come out as DLC.. after a while so it wouldn't be worth the money for me if that's the case.. moneys tight

I don't even want the DLC truth be told. I'll probably do what I did with my AC3 stuff and sell the DLC on eBay. I just want the collectors for the fact it's GTA, my favorite game series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

A nice fancy case. The .50 pistol and bullpup shotgun available from Ammu-nation for free. The blue print map. Most importantly the 25% faster health regen for the special abilities. Its worth the extra 15euro Gamestop were charging.

• Supervalu had Black Ops 2 cheap last year, has anyone heard if they will have any GTA V yet, there is also still HMV to check too odds are they won't have too many if they do get it, makes me sick to think the greedy fcuks in Gamestop charging €59.99 or €79.99 for their exclusive version.

Please people shop around on this, thanks to any and all that have put up prices for this.
    I'm invisible:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How can Gamestop be selling the game €60 (or so) when a supermarket chain such as Tesco can afford to sell for €40? I can understand that omeone buying bulk can afford to sell at a lower price but surely a more game-centric company like Gamestop will be taking on more copies of the game than a supermarket?

Are Tesco just taking very little profit from it or am I missing something??

Loss leaders, they sell tons of other stuff at a profit, and lets face it when have you ever gone into Tesco for "just one thing" and wound up buying a basket of stuff?
    It's the reason supermarkets have essential things like milk/bread/eggs down at the back, you have to walk past shelves of stuff you didn't think you wanted to get to the stuff you do and wind up buying more.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    when have you ever gone into Tesco for "just one thing" and wound up buying a basket of stuff?

All too often, and most of the time I forget to buy the one thing I went in for in the first place :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

aaronh007 wrote: »
    All too often, and most of the time I forget to buy the one thing I went in for in the first place :p

Or walk in just wanting bog roll and then feeling like a complete weirdo if you just get that and wind up buying the weirdest assortment of groceries ever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

whos to say thats it will be 40 in tesco, i thought about not pre ordering because tesco could have it for 40 but i havent seen any games tesco sell on new release for less then 55 for a long time and really all your paying in gamestop is a tenner anyways

tesco uk are taking pre orders for £39.99 with a special offer
    £5 off when you spend £35 on Pre-order Games. Enter code TD-GL4Q at checkout. EXP 15/09/13

http://www.tesco.com/direct/grand-theft-auto-v/288-8014.prd 360

http://www.tesco.com/direct/grand-theft-auto-v/623-6251.prd PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So all gamestops are opening for midnight awesome know where i'll be next monday :D

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

So all gamestops are opening for midnight awesome know where i'll be next monday :D

That's dedication - starting to queue a week early :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Just preordered mine there in Gaemstop. €65 but got it for €10 after trading in 2 games

Weird thing was that they gave me €27.49 off for one of the games even though you can buy it for €17 in the shop :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Over 1100 pre-orders in Gamestop Patrick Street (Cork)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Over 1100 pre-orders in Gamestop Patrick Street (Cork)

Oh sweet jesus, mine is preordered for there. Have 20 down on it but will be going to midnight release. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I really need to pre order this! Gamestop or Xtra vision... I cant decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus, mine is preordered for there. Have 20 down on it but will be going to midnight release. :D

I know ya.... if half of those go to midnight release then there'll be a mighty queue. Get there early

Advertisement