Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Aren't they (Gamestop) opening their doors for about 10pm to process the transactions, then you go back in at midnight with your receipt and just hand it over for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I know ya.... if half of those go to midnight release then there'll be a mighty queue. Get there early
    I've never been to a midnight release for a game,always assumed that the crowds were small enough. This is a rather massive event I guess.
    Aren't they (Gamestop) opening their doors for about 10pm to process the transactions, then you go back in at midnight with your receipt and just hand it over for the game?

Yep,I'll go to the pub for a while after paying I'd say.

srumball wrote: »
    I really need to pre order this! Gamestop or Xtra vision... I cant decide

I got a friend to pre-book for me and they did it in Gamestop (was handiest for them at the time). Personally, given the choice, I'd go with XtraVision though.

Likely to be less people (At least around here anyway) so less messing around all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Just an FYI to anyone that cares.

I pre-ordered mine in Smyths in Galway (in shop) yesterday. I didnt get the impression that they're under any pressure or running out of release orders. They will be opening at midnight and I have the 24 hours of September 17th to pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

krudler wrote: »
    Or walk in just wanting bog roll and then feeling like a complete weirdo if you just get that and wind up buying the weirdest assortment of groceries ever.
    I just pick up random stuff so I don't look weird. Last time I picked up a tub of vaseline, a pair of tights, a cucumber, a pack of tampons and a funnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just pick up random stuff so I don't look weird. Last time I picked up a tub of vaseline, a pair of tights, a cucumber, a pack of tampons and a funnel.

That is one odd shopping list if your a guy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, they did the same for Blops2 last year, it was much handier instead of having everyone queue for an hour then doing the transactions at the till. You queued, paid, got a reciept, stood in another queue then once it hit 12 they had the games all ready to go in bags and just handed them over for the reciept.

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah, they did the same for Blops2 last year, it was much handier instead of having everyone queue for an hour then doing the transactions at the till. You queued, paid, got a reciept, stood in another queue then once it hit 12 they had the games all ready to go in bags and just handed them over for the reciept.

Decent, that suits me down to the ground.

Might ask in my local one later what kind of turn out are they expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Is the price in gamestop still 65 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Is the price in gamestop still 65 euro?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I've paid mine off in full , going to head in around 11:30 ish, it's only down the road from me, hopefully be playing it by 12:15 :P

One thing about the pre-ordering though, R* know this is going to a massively popular game (Potentially one of the biggest), they are going to be pumping these games out by the truckload, the more i think of it, i doubt there will be any availability issues.

If there are it probably wont be because of R* (I'm looking at you Mr.Postman)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Paid of my preorder in gamestop naas. The guy said they had a huge amount of preorders but had the stock to cover them all.

Interestingly he said that between the 9th and 16th i have to get my preorder receipt stamped. He said if you don't have a stamped per order receipt you won't get into the midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Just preordered mine there in Gaemstop. €65 but got it for €10 after trading in 2 games

Weird thing was that they gave me €27.49 off for one of the games even though you can buy it for €17 in the shop :pac:

What games were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

neddynono wrote: »
    Paid of my preorder in gamestop naas. The guy said they had a huge amount of preorders but had the stock to cover them all.

Interestingly he said that between the 9th and 16th i have to get my preorder receipt stamped. He said if you don't have a stamped per order receipt you won't get into the midnight launch.

Are you serious I have to get the receipt stamped?

jesus I went in last month to pay a 5 e despoist went back today to avail of their offer of trading in 2 games and get GTAV for a tenner, now I must go again next week to get it stamped and back again the week after to collect the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

dave1982 wrote: »
    Are you serious I have to get the receipt stamped?

jesus I went in last month to pay a 5 e despoist went back today to avail of their offer of trading in 2 games and get GTAV for a tenner, now I must go again next week to get it stamped and back again the week after to collect the game.

That's what he told me. First I heard of them doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Already put my €5 deposit down in Gamestop... I can go in this week and avail of the €9.99 offer and get it paid off for now though, right? Is it the same as the trade-in list on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Yes, the trade-in list is the same in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Cheers PBJ, appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

I heard them say that people well get the stamp On The night in athlone.

I got mine for 10 euro. Paid it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gavdalf

I got my brother to put in my pre-order yesterday.... Can anyone tell me what we get from pre-ordering with Xtravision? I hear it is just a poster or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I preordered in dun laioghrie gamestop , think it would be a problem if I cancelled it and pre ordered it in Stephens green instead, just closer to me.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just paid off my Gamestop pre-order and got the receipt stamped.....

e89hcfD.jpg

AFAIK, if you go to the midnight launch and don't have a stamp, you'll have to queue twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

AFAIK, if you go to the midnight launch and don't have a stamp, you'll have to queue twice.

When did you initially place your pre order?

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    When did you initially place your pre order?
    Only two weeks ago, paid €5 deposit and then paid the rest earlier today......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

e89hcfD.jpg

Why would you be queuing twice?

If I queue up having already paid for the game, will I not just get it on the spot?

Only two weeks ago, paid €5 deposit and then paid the rest earlier today......

Ah interesting , i paid mine off last week and i got no stamp on the receipt??

I dont wanna queue twice , hence the reason i paid in full so early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

According to live chat on amazon, they're shipping the game on Saturday. So there's a chance it'll arrive Monday.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    According to live chat on amazon, they're shipping the game on Saturday. So there's a chance it'll arrive Monday.

Thats a risky game with R* telling them to wait until the 16th

Why would you be queuing twice?
    If I queue up having already paid for the game, will I not just get it on the spot?
    Thats what the guy in Gamestop said, one for people to pay and stamp....... and the other queue for the game.

This is only if you are going to the midnight release, during normal hours you just need the receipt.

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thats a risky game with R* telling them to wait until the 16th

Who's got more clout though?

Amazon are he biggest retailer on the planet, I don't think R* effectively saying "we're pissing on your business model and leaving customers without their game on time because we're gettin pissy about people having the game a few hours early" flies with them.

R* need Amazon a whole lot more than they need them.

Advertisement