Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

i went with gamesnash on this as ill probably be working that night but hopefully it will be at home and waiting for me afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Why would you be queuing twice?

If I queue up having already paid for the game, will I not just get it on the spot?

They're only taking payments before midnight, you'll get the game with a stamped receipt only if it's after 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

They're only taking payments before midnight, you'll get the game with a stamped receipt only if it's after 12.

Ah I get ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What time do they close usually on midnight launch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thats a risky game with R* telling them to wait until the 16th

In fairness Amazon aren't technically a UK retailer so they might get around the 16th dispatch rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bought the game off PSN and it says it'll download on the 13th which is the friday so I've 3/4 days to download 17.2GB twice depending on when it shows up. Going by past games it'll allow me to play at either midnight or 1am (stupid summer).

The Blimp and the theme download on the 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

lads If I buy the game on amazon for 35 £, how much will I be charged in euro?
    the conversion rate atm works out about 41€, but on shop ireland they are charging 45€ for it

when I use the currency converter at the checkout on amazon they are charging 45 for it.
    anyone know If I pay in sterling at the checkout how much will be charged to my bank account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

lads If I buy the game on amazon for 35 £, how much will I be charged in euro?
    the conversion rate atm works out about 41€, but on shop ireland they are charging 45€ for it

when I use the currency converter at the checkout on amazon they are charging 45 for it.
    anyone know If I pay in sterling at the checkout how much will be charged to my bank account?
    The price on amazon you see in £ is with UK vat, you see the price with Irish vat at the checkout. (20% v 23%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/gta-midnight xtra vision midnight openings

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

kells say they are opening midnight just spoke to them link above says there not , the area manager himself is a gta fan and will also be in the que , doors open at 11 pm so l wonder what other stores they have wrong :eek: , l'd advise you ring you local store and double check
    trim store say they are also having amidnight opening but the link above says there not lol what a joke !

• Advertisement

I wonder are Xtravision putting GTA on that trade in deal?

I've got it preordered in Gamestop and was going to trade in for it, but there's stuff on Xtravision's list I'd much rather trade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Going up to Stephens green to re prebook it, was going to do the 2 trade ups and get the game for 9.99. Should there be any issues, didn't t know they'd do this offer for pre order games

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

how will gta v work on the 12gb slim ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

I wonder are Xtravision putting GTA on that trade in deal?

I've got it preordered in Gamestop and was going to trade in for it, but there's stuff on Xtravision's list I'd much rather trade...

ask them on there facebook page there pretty quick with replys https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision

Going up to Stephens green to re prebook it, was going to do the 2 trade ups and get the game for 9.99. Should there be any issues, didn't t know they'd do this offer for pre order games

Assuming you're going to Gamestop, I think they take the trade ins, change the value of them so there's only the €9.99 left to pay, and then add it to your existing prebook, so if say you've paid a fiver off, there's only €4.99 left to pay.

I've got €9.99 down on mine, so it's just a case of dropping in the games to trade! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I have both PS3/360. What system should I get this on? Is it just a matter of controller preference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why on earth are you burning money and not buying via amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

RasTa wrote: »

Because you won't get it for another week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Because you won't get it for another week

Says who? They're shipping on the 14th so it'll arrive on the release date.

How is it burning money?

I've got at least 4 games from Gamestop's list and a load more from Xtravision's that I paid no more than €15 a pop for, so I'm effectively paying no more than €40 for it.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Says who? They're shipping on the 14th so it'll arrive on the release date.

No it wont. I ordered from Amazon and my delivery date is the 21st of Sepetmber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No it wont. I ordered from Amazon and my delivery date is the 21st of Sepetmber.

You should have ordered it via Parcel Motel. First class shipping to Antrim so it will arrive there no later than the 17th, The latest you should receive it is the 18th.

iMuse wrote: »
    You should have ordered it via Parcel Motel. First class shipping to Antrim so it will arrive there no later than the 17th, The latest you should receive it is the 18th.

Ah i'm not too pushed really thats why i didn't use Parcel Motel. My bro has a copy pre ordered for Launch day so i'll have a gawk at his for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Game plus the 1-2 Express delivery (if you want it Tuesday) = €73,21
    Yes, with free delivey its only €45, but you'll be lucky to see it by Friday.

Having used amazon for years, my experience is that on the Saturday the order will change to "dispatching soon" then nothing until Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it too late to pre-order this?
    I made up my mind to get it at midnight lauch. I've heard a few people say on here that if I just go down to gamestop and pay the full price for the game... i'll get a copy at midnight.

is that still true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Game plus the 1-2 Express delivery (if you want it Tuesday) = €73,21
    Yes, with free delivey its only €45, but you'll be lucky to see it by Friday.

Having used amazon for years, my experience is that on the Saturday the order will change to "dispatching soon" then nothing until Monday morning.

If you used parcel motel it's 45 euro including the 3.50 parcel motel fee, with free first class delivery. Very latest you have it is Tuesday night / weds morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gamesnash are Irish so I'd rather buy video games from them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm planning to get GTA V around 4pm on the 17th, would you people say Gamestop etc would be sold out from pre-orders and the mid-night launch? Should I book a copy just in case or am I okay? also what is the price for the standard edition? 60 euros?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Rarely buy from Gamestop but that deal is great to be honest. I only had one game on the list, but I tipped into CEX and picked up the other game for €15, meaning GTA5 will only cost me €25 + GTA4 (and I have another copy of it anyway).

They have a few games in CEX going for €15 that are on the list, so you could in theory get the game for €40 using that deal. Great value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm planning to get GTA V around 4pm on the 17th, would you people say Gamestop etc would be sold out from pre-orders and the mid-night launch? Should I book a copy just in case or am I okay? also what is the price for the standard edition? 60 euros?

:)

No harm pre-ordering, just to be on the safe side. Yup, €60 in Gamestop.

Advertisement