Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

Benzino wrote: »
    No harm pre-ordering, just to be on the safe side. Yup, €60 in Gamestop.

I paid €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Lads if your ordering GTA V from Amazon using Parcel Motel, what phone number should you use?
    I'm guessing it needs to be a British one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I paid €65.

That's just a safe price from them so that they only need to hand back money. They are expecting it to cost €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Has the GameStop trade in 2 games and get it for €9.99 stopped? I got it about 2-3 weeks ago in that deal, but a friend was telling me that he was in last week preordering and traded in GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption towards it and got only €16.80 for the pair of them! Thing is he didn't know about the deal so was he ripped off?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Is his Red Dead on 360 or PS3? I con only see the PS3 version on their list...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I paid €65.

Hmm, says €60 on their site, assumed it was the same in store, though I never asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Lads if your ordering GTA V from Amazon using Parcel Motel, what phone number should you use?
    I'm guessing it needs to be a British one?
    i just used my ordinary phone number, but put the prefix before it, so if your number starts with 087, its 0035387 with the prefix.

Is his Red Dead on 360 or PS3? I con only see the PS3 version on their list...

Both PS3, is it worth going back in and asking about it or is it a lost cause!? He paid the remaining €40 or whatever off at the time.

That's just a safe price from them so that they only need to hand back money. They are expecting it to cost €60.

But it's already marked as €60 on their site (or it was when I paid up, anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

mutley18 wrote: »
    Both PS3, is it worth going back in and asking about it or is it a lost cause!? He paid the remaining €40 or whatever off at the time.

No harm asking, I went into gamestop in Swords to confirm the deal was still going and it is and he gave me the list of games aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

mutley18 wrote: »

Defo go back in and ask about it.

If the games being traded are eligible for the deal you should be able to get a partial refund in whatever way he originally paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Paid the balance yesterday, making it a total of 65euro.

Bloody cant wait for it now, come on, the suspense is killing me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

Defo go back in and ask about it.

If the games being traded are eligible for the deal you should be able to get a partial refund in whatever way he originally paid for it.

I have a pre-order with a 5 euro deposit and was advised that I can avail of the trade-in deal given I provide the 2 games before the release. So it looks as though they're still running it.

I'm currently trying to get my hands on a second listed game to trade :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Hey Just wondering if anyone knew what the cheapest game that i could buy to that list to trade up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hey Just wondering if anyone knew what the cheapest game that i could buy to that list to trade up

I got Mario Kart on the Wii (without the wheel) for €15 in CEX. Your best bet is checking their site CEX, they have a pretty good database of the games they have in stock and their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Are all GameStops opening at midnight or just a small number of them. Can't wait for the game, iv a feeling I'm gonna be dissapointed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Are all GameStops opening at midnight or just a small number of them. Can't wait for the game, iv a feeling I'm gonna be dissapointed though

They're all open bar one in a Galway Shopping Center ( They couldn't agree with keeping the shopping center open)

If you've preordered and are going to a midnight release you'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

And the galway one opens at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Apparently the Gamestop in Athlone is opening at 10pm for people to start queuing.

Apparently the Gamestop in Athlone is opening at 10pm for people to start queuing.

Its for people to pay the rest off their preorder.

there will be two lines , one to pay another to collect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pre-ordered now with gamesnash.ie :D

Pat sorted me out for Madden this year so I'm hoping for swift delivery again!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered now with gamesnash.ie :D

Pat sorted me out for Madden this year so I'm hoping for swift delivery again!

Pat has given great customer service these last few weeks, I've my pre order with GameStop but i'm definitely going to be using these guys in the future.

If people are happy with the service then make sure you add a few testimonials to the site and recommend to your friends

Already bought with GameStop before I heard of Gamesnash but have preordered FIFA 14 with them as I hear good things about their service!

(Not that FIFA will be seeing much action in the coming months, just one of those games you need to have when mates are around for good old fashioned multiplayer in the same room!)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

The €9.99 trade in deal is still running. Availed of it today. Its worth looking around for pre-owned games on the trade-in list. Bought 2 for €35 today and then just paid the €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just got the following from GS - woooo
    With the much anticipated release of GTA V getting ever closer it is important that you receive your copy as soon as possible and without any issue or delays.
    We advise that you have the necessary funds in the account linked to your order a week before release (10th September) so as to avoid any issues with payments or lack of funds which can prevent an order from being processed in a timely manner.
    If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Azza89 wrote: »
    The €9.99 trade in deal is still running. Availed of it today. Its worth looking around for pre-owned games on the trade-in list. Bought 2 for €35 today and then just paid the €9.99.

got it too, traded up xcom which I have ps plus and bioshock. 9.99 . Yay, going to mid night launch but not queuing, sitting in pub till Que clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I traded in two games last week and left 9.99 to pay. When I was in the last time, I was told that I'd get 8.99 for Max Payne 3...happy days I thought. Went in this morning and was told that @ 9am this morning the price for Max Payne dropped to €3.

Just a note to everyone to get trading in now because Gamestop are obviously getting in a raft of trade ins and can afford to drop down the price like that...I'll get 6 cash in CEX.

I think it is supposed to be €60 in Gamestop anyway, so I should be safe...are they still taking the full €65 off everyone and refunding on collection or do they know the price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

AGHHHH - Just got a text from Gamestop re the midnight launch...its soo close now!!!?

2xwLy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just ordered from Amazon.co.uk and Parcel Motel, fingers crossed it will arrive on launch day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Guys what's the chance of them "breaking" the release? Didn't this happen in the past - I think maybe with GTA4? Once one major store had been confirmed to be releasing the game early the rest did too. Pretty sure I didn't dream that up...

Advertisement