Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

cianr wrote: »
    Guys what's the chance of them "breaking" the release? Didn't this happen in the past - I think maybe with GTA4? Once one major store had been confirmed to be releasing the game early the rest did too. Pretty sure I didn't dream that up...

Doubt it Rockstar don't want postal orders being posted until the 16th to ensure no one gets it early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

cianr wrote: »
    Guys what's the chance of them "breaking" the release? Didn't this happen in the past - I think maybe with GTA4? Once one major store had been confirmed to be releasing the game early the rest did too. Pretty sure I didn't dream that up...

Not a hope in hell.

Not being funny but I'm pretty sure that you did dream that up :p (open to be proved wrong on this!)

Your best bet is somewhere like Tesco who (as a company) don't really have much product knowledge. Pretty sure they've stuck a few Tuesday releases out on the shelves on the preceding Friday as they thought that was the release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Pretty sure they've stuck a few Tuesday releases out on the shelves on the preceding Friday as they thought that was the release.

If Tesco stick this game on the shelf on Friday 13th, people will literally piss themselves trying to buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Pre-ordered the special edition copy, paid like an extra fiver to ensure it arrives at my house on release day. If it doesn't arrive on release day, there will be some effing and blinding done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I predict release day comes and this thread gets a lot of frantic GTA fans posting.."where can I get a copy?!?"...cue serious miles being racked up on 17th morning/afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

marcbrophy wrote: »
    If Tesco stick this game on the shelf on Friday 13th, people will literally piss themselves trying to buy it :D

Ha, I was thinking this too...

Because I'd be one of them :o :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone else order off Amazon UK? Mine is showing a delivery date of the 20th....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Anyone else order off Amazon UK? Mine is showing a delivery date of the 20th....

Was going to only for the Gamestop trade in offer. I'd be sick if it was delivered that late

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

yea, use parcel motel. you get free first class delivery from amazon if you use the uk address so it will be guaranteed to be in antrim on the 17th so you should have it tuesday night or wednesday morning at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Put a tenner down on the special edition in Gamestop in Dundalk today. Duno if I'll go to the midnight launch though... work the next day :S I know I won;t be able to stop playin it til 5am or something.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

is that gamestop offer still available? i have GTA IV on PS3, dont mind picking up a second game for trade in if it means ill get it at a discount, recession etc. etc. prefer it as cheap as possible.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Decided to go with the Amazon plus Parcel Motel option.

Last time I used PM with amazon, I ordered on Monday evening (about 6pm) and got the text from PM the next evening at about 10pm. So will hopefully have GTA by Tuesday evening:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pre-ordered from gamesnash. Normally the post arrives early, so should be in time for me when I roll out of bed. Nice to be updated bout status changes too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I've never been to a midnight launch before but have the chance now with GTA 5.

Just wondering how many people are usually there? Like Gamestop in Dublin?

Would I be queuing up for hours with hundreds of people or do you just walk in and get the game like normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Holsten wrote: »

Would I be queuing up for hours with hundreds of people or do you just walk in and get the game like normal?

They'll open before 12 and take payments so people can just grab the game at 12, so you queue, pay for your preorder, or if you've already paid theyll have a second queue, and once it hits 12 they'll just fire the game out to those who have it paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I called into my local GameStop yesterday to see what the story was with the midnight launch, he stamped my receipt with the midnight launch collection stamp and said that I would be grand to land along at 12 or just after it, as once 12 hits they are basically just handing out the games which won't take long, the queues before 12 are for people to pay off their balance and get stamped. He also said I would be fine to wait until morning if I wanted to, they would definitely have a copy for me.

So I recommend you all get your balances paid off and stamped before the night and it should be smooth sailing from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I have it fully paid off but no collection stamp?

I just go in today and get it stamped then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm in the same boat, paid it off in two transactions, 50 + 15 but got no stamp when I paid the 15 to bring it up to 65 total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

I have it fully paid off but no collection stamp?

I just go in today and get it stamped then?

Same as myself. Athlone never said anything about a stamp

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

cena wrote: »
    Same as myself. Athlone never said anything about a stamp
    Yeah im the same, fully paid off but no stamp. There was no talk of a stamp either. I'm sure once you have it all paid up they'll have the game for you. I hope......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Any price confirmations for Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Paid off mine last week in GameStop in Henry st didn't get a stamp I called them up after reading about it on here and they said I would be grand on the night,so it's seems like only a few places are doing the stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Right so I was in gamestop last sunday in Athlone and paid off the balance. However I did not get receipt stamped. Just rang them now and they said that I can stand in the express queue and somebody will walk the line and stamp those that need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just read about the 800 or so that'll be at Gamestop in Douglas, Cork.

Looks like a late night KC's then head across the road is in order.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Right so I was in gamestop last sunday in Athlone and paid off the balance. However I did not get receipt stamped. Just rang them now and they said that I can stand in the express queue and somebody will walk the line and stamp those that need it.

Good stuff thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GavRedKing wrote: »

800 copies or 800 people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

GavRedKing wrote: »

Don't forget about the queue for KCs too. You might be in Douglas for quite a while :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just paid Gamestop in Clarehall. €64.99 and midnight launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

€55 in Harvey Norman, I hope Tesco can do better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

gonna hit the diesel heavily from friday till sunday night, make me forget about the anticipation, hopefully I'll wake up monday evening and be fully recovered right in time for midnight.

Advertisement