Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

krudler wrote: »
    800 copies or 800 people?
    800 pre-orders, anyone's guess how many will show up at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

54.99 in Zhivago in Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Heard today most gamestop stores have over 300 bookings each on the standard, hope they are not all night owls, also seen there will be fast track tills in most stores for those of us fully paid up in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

Hi,
    With the much anticipated release of GTA V getting ever closer it is important that you receive your copy as soon as possible and without any issue or
    delays.
    We advise that you have the necessary funds in the account linked to your order a week before release (10th September) so as to avoid any issues with
    payments or lack of funds which can prevent an order from being processed in a timely manner.
    If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
    GameStop

got that email off gamestop. i ordered the collectors edition a few months back online and wsa sure the money was already taken out of my account. :confused: got onto them but no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

got that email off gamestop. i ordered the collectors edition a few months back online and wsa sure the money was already taken out of my account. :confused: got onto them but no reply yet.

Don't worry about it, it was sent out to everyone in error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I've ordered from gamesnash but was in tescos portlaoise and asked about the midnight release and was told that they'll have it on Tuesday but close at 12 and customers can only buy it at 6am Wednesday .
    But im sure 24hr tescos in other places will just sell it after 12

anyway just a heads up for the peeps in Laois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone know how much HMV will be selling it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Whats this madness about gamestop charging €65 for the game :eek:

Anyways I pre ordered a week back in the cresent shopping centre gamestop in Limerick. They had about 800 pre orders put in at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Whats this madness about gamestop charging €65 for the game :eek:

Anyways I pre ordered a week back in the cresent shopping centre gamestop in Limerick. They had about 800 pre orders put in at that stage

Think you get a fiver back when you collect but maybe not!

Trading in 2 games to get GTA V makes Gamestop the best option by a mile imo seeing as the list of games to trade in is huge and they aren't worth the money they're giving you for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Julez wrote: »
    Anyone know how much HMV will be selling it for?

the one in Limerick is reopening tomorrow so will check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Think you get a fiver back when you collect but maybe not!

Trading in 2 games to get GTA V makes Gamestop the best option by a mile imo seeing as the list of games to trade in is huge and they aren't worth the money they're giving you for them!

I'm trading in two games tomorrow now :pac:
    But on a serious note this better not be a sign of things to come for next gen and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

XBox preorders sold out on Gamesnash :(

My own fault for leaving it so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've ordered from gamesnash but was in tescos portlaoise and asked about the midnight release and was told that they'll have it on Tuesday but close at 12 and customers can only buy it at 6am Wednesday .
    But im sure 24hr tescos in other places will just sell it after 12

anyway just a heads up for the peeps in Laois

Any idea of the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Any idea of the price?

65 and 80 for the standard and special edition I think.

But on a serious note this better not be a sign of things to come for next gen and the like

Haha true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

anyone got a link to the list of gamestop games on the trade in deal to get GTA for a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

ps4 games on gamestop are 65 currently. GTAv will sell at 65 , people won't like it but they'll still buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

srm23 wrote: »
    anyone got a link to the list of gamestop games on the trade in deal to get GTA for a tenner

think this is it

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

ugglasdav wrote: »

Link says you can get Saints Row, Spliter Cell or The Bureau for 99c?

sure it includes GTA?

Link says you can get Saints Row, Spliter Cell or The Bureau for 99c?

sure it includes GTA?

It's a slightly different offer, pretty sure it's 9.99 when trading two games off that list

• Advertisement

I have WWE 13 off it
    May try and buy GTA IV or something cheap or see if my bro has it!

will look to order tomorrow

GTA IV Episodes from LC can be bought for €10-15 and they gave me €27.50 off of GTA V for it!

GTA IV Episodes from LC can be bought for €10-15 and they gave me €27.50 off of GTA V for it!

You went up to the counter and bought it then traded straight in at same store?

You went up to the counter and bought it then traded straight in at same store?

No :pac:

I had it from before. Traded in both GTA IV and GTA IV: Episodes from LC and got €27.50 for each of them

They both can be bought for around €15 though, try xtra vision or ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Is there a way to preorder (for collection) with Gamestop, without having to walk in store? Don't want to have to travel to Gamestop to preorder, and not sure I can make it this week before their closing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Is there a way to preorder (for collection) with Gamestop, without having to walk in store? Don't want to have to travel to Gamestop to preorder, and not sure I can make it this week before their closing time.

Nope, yiz have to be in the shop, they don't do anything like that over the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Went into gamestop earlier and was told it was HIGHLY ADVISABLE to get your receipt stamped as early as possible i.e when the shop opens at 10 as they don't know yet if they can facilitate the numbers they're getting for the midnight launch and are working on a first come first served basis.

Went into gamestop earlier and was told it was HIGHLY ADVISABLE to get your receipt stamped as early as possible i.e when the shop opens at 10 as they don't know yet if they can facilitate the numbers they're getting for the midnight launch and are working on a first come first served basis.
    What if they dont stamp it, ie liffy street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What if they dont stamp it, ie liffy street

Fuck knows.

I was told they only have a certain amount to give out on midnight due to security restrictions,especially in shopping centres since they can't really have 800 people in one space at once in a shopping centre.As for stand alone stores i'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

traded in my old GTA but they wouldnt take my "Red Dead Redemption" as it was the "undead nightmare" zombie version , so i took that into CEX Derry , traded it for the original which i got for £4 ( cover price was £10) then took it to gamestop and they happily accepted that version ,

going thru gamestops list id say off the bat look for one of the GTAs , Red Dead Redemption, or Batman Arkham City for the xbox360 if you want one of the games cheap from their trade in list , good luck everyone , roll on tuesday :)

Advertisement