Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks to the lads on here who suggested trading in the two games. I traded in GTA and Red Dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Went into gamestop earlier and was told it was HIGHLY ADVISABLE to get your receipt stamped as early as possible i.e when the shop opens at 10 as they don't know yet if they can facilitate the numbers they're getting for the midnight launch and are working on a first come first served basis.
    I've said it a few times already, but I don't want anyone here to be disappointing, I'm a good gut like that :D

You can get your reciept stamped before Monday night, just walk into Gamestop anytime, pay off in full and then ask for the "To Be Collected After Midnight" stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I've said it a few times already, but I don't want anyone here to be disappointing, I'm a good gut like that :D

You can get your reciept stamped before Monday night, just walk into Gamestop anytime, pay off in full and then ask for the "To Be Collected After Midnight" stamp.

Some stores aren't stamping receipts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Some stores aren't stamping receipts.
    Not at all or only on the night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Today (tallaght) wouldn't stamp mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Today (tallaght) wouldn't stamp mine.

Did they say why not? Or are they not using stamps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I asked the guys in liffey street where I prebook all my stuff, he said I didn't need it or they haven't been told too, I reconfirmed and he said Id be fine. If he screws me around, god help them ,I'll tear it up at midnight.

I even mentioned other stores are stamping them and confirmed I'd be fine , just dont lose my reciept

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

mutley18 wrote: »
    Did they say why not? Or are they not using stamps?

They told me they're doing it on the night so they can measure the amount of people turning up at 12.

Fuck knows.

I was told they only have a certain amount to give out on midnight due to security restrictions,especially in shopping centres since they can't really have 800 people in one space at once in a shopping centre.As for stand alone stores i'm not sure.

I'm no keyboard warrior, but if they give me some nonsense about not having a copy there for me, it'll be Biscuits and Gravy time! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Tried ringing Xtra Vision but no answer.

Anyone know if they're doing their 'Trade-In' offer for GTA? This sort of thing...

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/game-on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Tried ringing Xtra Vision but no answer.

Anyone know if they're doing their 'Trade-In' offer for GTA? This sort of thing...

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/game-on

"Over 400 games compared to Gamestops 244"

Yeah, maybe because yas have the likes of Bioshock Infinite listed 6 different times yas crowd of c****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    going thru gamestops list id say off the bat look for one of the GTAs , Red Dead Redemption, or Batman Arkham City for the xbox360 if you want one of the games cheap from their trade in list , good luck everyone , roll on tuesday :)

Yeah, I have RDR and GTAIV but can't find the sodding booklet for GTAIV. Haven't traded in a game in a long time (to get Ayrton Senna on the Megadrive back in the early 90') so never bothered keeping track of the manuals.

Anyone know if CEX in Dublin would have Arkham City or GTAIV in stock? Website says they are €15 each but doesn't say if they are in stock.

No doubt the manual for IV will show up as soon as I do the trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Rascasse wrote: »
    Yeah, I have RDR and GTAIV but can't find the sodding booklet for GTAIV. Haven't traded in a game in a long time (to get Ayrton Senna on the Megadrive back in the early 90') so never bothered keeping track of the manuals.

Anyone know if CEX in Dublin would have Arkham City or GTAIV in stock? Website says they are €15 each but doesn't say if they are in stock.

In my experience Gamestop don't care about the manuals!

Watch out for formats though - the trade list only lists RDR for PS3 and Arkham City on the 360. Frustratingly, I have RDR on the 360 and Arkham City on the PS3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Gamestop don't care about manuals, you're good to go man.

Fecks sake. Mine are 360 too. Pretty sure I checked it a couple of weeks ago and RDR on the 360 was listed.

Will just get it from Tesco or Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

All this drama for nothing. Dont fall for the hype. Do you really think they cannot print some bluray discs? I mean really, do you actually believe such nonsense? Im utterly shocked that in this day and age of internet information that you lot are not more marketing savvy.

I will pop into Tesco and just buy a copy off the shelf and it will be cheaper than all these rip-off stores like Gamestop.

All this drama for nothing. Dont fall for the hype. Do you really think they cannot print some bluray discs? I mean really, do you actually believe such nonsense? Im utterly shocked that in this day and age of internet information that you lot are not more marketing savvy.

I will pop into Tesco and just buy a copy off the shelf and it will be cheaper than all these rip-off stores like Gamestop.

No you won't. You are seriously underestimating the demand for this title. Good luck getting a copy before the end of the month without a pre order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

I have RDR and GTAiv for ps3 so is it just a straight swap in GameStop or do you have to give money aswell?

TT09 wrote: »
    I have RDR and GTAiv for ps3 so is it just a straight swap in GameStop or do you have to give money aswell?

10 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And how many other people do you think will have the exact same idea as yourself?

• Advertisement

"Over 400 games compared to Gamestops 244"

Yeah, maybe because yas have the likes of Bioshock Infinite listed 6 different times yas crowd of c****

You do realise that gamestop do exactly the same thing?

Yer all gullible as hell. Incredible. Give me just one reason why there wouldnt be enough copies on launch day? We are not talking about cutting edge technology with limited supplies available, we are talking about mass produced bluray discs of which there are pretty much an unlimited number available.

ALL OF THIS IS HYPE. Its standard sales practice. There are always plenty of people who plan to get something, but put it off for one reason or another as its not urgent. If you suggest to those same people that it will be gone, or difficult to get, then you will push them into making that pre-order and guaranteeing a sale. But you know something, there will be nothing I can say to convince you, because you have become brainwashed and you are now so emotionally invested in this idea that no amount of logic will be able to change your mind.

There will be copies in every shop all around the country sitting there, after all the pre-orders have been fulfilled. I think its the most wonderful marketing, so simple and so effective. Its even so obvious what they are doing, but hype is such a powerful force when used in countries where the populous has been brainwashed from birth to be a consumer.

Yer all gullible as hell. Incredible. Give me just one reason why there wouldnt be enough copies on launch day? We are not talking about cutting edge technology with limited supplies available, we are talking about mass produced bluray discs of which there are pretty much an unlimited number available.

ALL OF THIS IS HYPE. Its standard sales practice. There are always plenty of people who plan to get something, but put it off for one reason or another as its not urgent. If you suggest to those same people that it will be gone, or difficult to get, then you will push them into making that pre-order and guaranteeing a sale. But you know something, there will be nothing I can say to convince you, because you have become brainwashed and you are now so emotionally invested in this idea that no amount of logic will be able to change your mind.

There will be copies in every shop all around the country sitting there, after all the pre-orders have been fulfilled. I think its the most wonderful marketing, so simple and so effective. Its even so obvious what they are doing, but hype is such a powerful force when used in countries where the populous has been brainwashed from birth to be a consumer.

There are gamestop outlets with over 1000 pre orders for this game, and numerous with 600+. If you want to believe you're so knowledgeable on the availability of this game that you think you will stroll in and just pick one up then best of luck with it. You will be sorely disappointed.

DarkJager wrote: »
    There are gamestop outlets with over 1000 pre orders for this game, and numerous with 600+. If you want to believe you're so knowledgeable on the availability of this game that you think you will stroll in and just pick one up then best of luck with it. You will be sorely disappointed.

Sucker.

They could give 4 million copies to this country if they so desired. They just print more. They have had months to do so!

I will post a photo of my copy with a big "told you so!" sticker on it, you can then reply along the lines of "yeah yeah ok you were right, but its better to be safe than sorry isnt it!" blah blah

Sucker.

They could give 4 million copies to this country if they so desired. They just print more. They have had months to do so!

I will post a photo of my copy with a big "told you so!" sticker on it, you can then reply along the lines of "yeah yeah ok you were right, but its better to be safe than sorry isnt it!" blah blah

I look forward to seeing it. I'll be enjoying the game while you're cursing your pseudo-consumerist nonsense.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing it. I'll be enjoying the game while you're cursing your pseudo-consumerist nonsense.

I could be playing the game today if I really wanted to! My friend already has access to it.

While it's unlikely that stocks will be constrained (unless the masters went to the replicators very recently) it is a bit off calling people suckers. If people want to queue up at midnight for a game, who cares?

Personally I don't care when I get it, I was just interested in the Gamestop trade in deal, but to call people suckers and gullible isn't really on. Their money, let them spend how and when they choose.

While it's unlikely that stocks will be constrained (unless the masters went to the replicators very recently) it is a bit off calling people suckers. If people want to queue up at midnight for a game, who cares?

Personally I don't care when I get it, I was just interested in the Gamestop trade in deal, but to call people suckers and gullible isn't really on. Their money, let them spend how and when they choose.

The suckers comment was tongue in cheek. If you want to take that in any other manner, then thats your prerogative.

If gamers want to believe that Rockstar have not produced enough copies for everyone that wants to buy it straight away, then they are gullible. Because all logic tells you that there is no reason that they wouldnt provide enough. When you know something to be true, but allow yourself to be carried on a wave of hysteria, against your better judgement, then you pretty much are gullible. I didnt post to offend anyone, I was actually posting to offer some calm because the panic for those worrying about not getting the game is crazy.

Ive seen this a hundred times before with games.

It happens all the time, whether it's the latest iPhone, or the kids queuing up at midnight at Easons to get the latest Harry Potter book. People buy into these products emotionally built on expectation and anticipation. For many its all part of the fun.

I agree though, there won't be a shortage of copies unless it was late to the replicators.

• Advertisement

Jelly Funt wrote: »
    Quit being a buzz killington

Just pointing out the facts!

Advertisement