Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Surely you have seen the leaked videos all over Youtube?

Anyway my friend works for Future Publishing, Edge Magazine have had it for the last few days and they were all playing it in the office.

They are fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mods: any chance you could spoiler this? I just saw it! :(

+1 on the spoiler, I wish i never seen that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oat23 wrote: »
    Gamesnash are Irish so I'd rather buy video games from them :)

Amazon employ more people in Ireland than Gamesnash tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

RasTa wrote: »

True but it's always good to support Irish businesses when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chael The Spider Sonnen

Correct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Chael The Spider Sonnen

True but it's always good to support Irish businesses when you can.

Amazon CS Ireland is an Irish registered business.... Ergo buyng from Amazon keeps Amazon CS Ireland in business :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭lertsnim

After GTA San Andreas I was never going to take the chance of walking into a store on launch day. I was waiting a week for that one.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

They do :)

But in relative terms we certainly can do with and appreciate a hell of a lot more the local support. Thanks to all from here who ordered with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

But in relative terms we certainly can do with and appreciate a hell of a lot more the local support. Thanks to all from here who ordered with us.

Its always good supporting irish businesses, now if you could repay us by shipping the games ASAP, that'll be great :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Pre ordered it in Gamestop Blanch today, they said that they will be opening at 10 for anyone going to the midnight release

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Just ordered with ye:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Paid off the remainder of my pre-order this lunch time in Gamestop Henry Street, was told that they have 1,200 pre-orders.

Also, just a word of warning...as I was walking out I happened to look at my receipt and I saw that they had it on the system that I wanted a 360 version, not a PS3. It may not have been a problem come collection time but imagine if...:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padraiggriffin

Penn wrote: »
    TireeTerror banned for three days. Everyone else, calm it down and don't get into arguments. We don't want to have to ban anyone with the release so close, but we will.

what was he banned for, for disagreeing and saying you will be able to walk into Tesco and pick up the game no probs ??

Pachter said there is no need to pre-order games.

I dont think it will be a problem either, but I am having trouble finding a GTA PS1 disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

what was he banned for, for disagreeing and saying you will be able to walk into Tesco and pick up the game no probs ??

Pachter said there is no need to pre-order games.

I dont think it will be a problem either, but I am having trouble finding a GTA PS1 disk.
    He was banned for spoiling something I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

He was banned for spoiling something I think

Nah I think he overreacted to someone joking he has no friends on boards, (I don't either, boo hoo!) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

where did you see that. thanks

Someone said on one of these GTA threads, the email was only meant to be sent to preorders with an outstanding balance to be paid off but it was accidentally sent to all preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Just rang up symths about the collectors edition..they wouldnt let me preorder it and just told me to show up when they open and see if I get a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padraiggriffin

my local Tesco closes at 12.00, do you think I still be able to get it Monday night ???

If they dont sell it Monday night then there should be no problem picking it up Tuesday morning id say ??

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

GamesnashPat, got a stupid question but just want to be sure. The express post doesn't need to be signed for, but will the parcel be small enough to fit in a standard letterbox? Don't want to miss delivery if I'm in the shower or something...

Not a stupid question at all - get it a lot actually :)

They go out in single bubble lined envelopes and will fit into the any standard size letter box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭barry181091

Does anyone know what would the trade in price for GTA V be the day after release? I think I may be getting a present of it a day after but im not sure. Lets say Xtravision or Gamestop, would I get 50 quid?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what would the trade in price for GTA V be the day after release? I think I may be getting a present of it a day after but im not sure. Lets say Xtravision or Gamestop, would I get 50 quid?

Sell it on adverts

you might get 30-35 euro store credit i would imagine based on them selling it pre owned for 49.99

even lower if you wanted cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If it sells out you'd easy get 50 or more for it by selling it, why trade a sure price for way less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh just a heads up, Gamestop are taking NO trade-ins towards GTA at the midnight launch, so if you have anything you wanna trade towards it do it beforehand. Good idea by them though will make things faster.

krudler wrote: »
    Oh just a heads up, Gamestop are taking NO trade-ins towards GTA at the midnight launch, so if you have anything you wanna trade towards it do it beforehand. Good idea by them though will make things faster.

Suppose that to stop people with a big bag of worthless games trying totrade them in against GTA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Fair play. Don't wanna be standing in a line waiting for clowns with old games holding up the whole show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Smyths in both Limerick stores will not be opening at midnight - and said that their text will be sent on Monday apparently - this is from a store employee in Childers road.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Mc Love wrote: »
    Smyths in both Limerick stores will not be opening at midnight - and said that their text will be sent on Monday apparently - this is from a store employee in Childers road.

Have you payed yours off they wouldn't let me pay it off early.

so it will be just the people paying by card that will piss you off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

DO you guys think Tesco in Dundrum will have it on the shelves at midnight on Monday??

Advertisement