Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

srumball wrote: »
    DO you guys think Tesco in Dundrum will have it on the shelves at midnight on Monday??
    i remember getting 1 of the call of dutys day before it was supposed to be released in tesco rathmines there not a game store so probably dont follow the rules would be worth trying even before midnight or ring customer services might be able to tell you more
    1850 744 844

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Suppose that to stop people with a big bag of worthless games trying totrade them in against GTA

Zactly, happened at the launch for Gears 3 for me, stood behind some clown trading in a friggin' old 360 for one of the newer ones and the game, gahhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Have payed yours off they wouldn't let me pay it off early.

No they wouldnt take any money, they said it will be kept for you. I think it is for 48 hrs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Smyths don't take deposits or anything like that from my experience. You'd need to load money onto a gift card and then pay with that when you're collecting or cash/card, whatever is easier for yourself. As above, they hold any pre-orders for 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Should turn up on the night and buy something really cheap with a load of change just to annoy people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

titan18 wrote: »
    Should turn up on the night and buy something really cheap with a load of change just to annoy people.

Step one queue up
    Stop two get to counter
    Step three ask for hannah montana
    Step four $$$$$
    Step five Profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

krudler wrote: »
    Oh just a heads up, Gamestop are taking NO trade-ins towards GTA at the midnight launch, so if you have anything you wanna trade towards it do it beforehand. Good idea by them though will make things faster.

I'd be shocked if anywhere was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

All this drama for nothing. Dont fall for the hype. Do you really think they cannot print some bluray discs? I mean really, do you actually believe such nonsense? Im utterly shocked that in this day and age of internet information that you lot are not more marketing savvy.

I will pop into Tesco and just buy a copy off the shelf and it will be cheaper than all these rip-off stores like Gamestop.

WHERE ARE THESE CHEAP TESCOS? My Tescos charges €60 for 6 year old games and €4 for a can of pringles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Occono wrote: »
    WHERE ARE THESE CHEAP TESCOS? My Tescos charges €60 for 6 year old games and €4 for a can of pringles

Tesco only do a cheap release on the really big games and sometimes only for a day or two and then go back to either the normal price or higher.

FIFA at one stage was 35euro for the first day and back to 54.99 after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Jofspring wrote: »
    Tesco only do a cheap release on the really big games and sometimes only for a day or two and then go back to either the normal price or higher.

FIFA at one stage was 35euro for the first day and back to 54.99 after.

I don't think mine has ever done that from when I've looked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Wats the story with people that paid 80€ for the special edition on GameStop , I just checked their online shop and its 69.95€

What gives, can people get money back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Mc Love wrote: »
    No they wouldnt take any money, they said it will be kept for you. I think it is for 48 hrs though

Good stuff can't wait to pick it up....and then go to work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered this with GameStop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

xtra vision and hmv opening hours

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/gta-midnight

sean1141 wrote: »
    xtra vision and hmv opening hours

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/gta-midnight

i ordered in xtra vision had to open an account so bring something with your address on it if your not a member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

i ordered in xtra vision had to open an account so bring something with your address on it if your not a member

Absolutely ridiculous that this has to be done in order to pre order a game

If you don't want to open a full account and simply preorder the game you can but they take your details and give you a temporary membership card. It's just a piece of paper but you don't need proof of address for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

If you don't want to open a full account and simply preorder the game you can but they take your details and give you a temporary membership card. It's just a piece of paper.

Ah right, not as bad. I can see why you'd have to open one to rent something but for a preorder it would be silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Wats the story with people that paid 80€ for the special edition on GameStop , I just checked their online shop and its 69.95€

What gives, can people get money back ?
    Its €74.98 in store not €80
    Where did you hear people paid more than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah same happened me tried to order it offered to pay in full, but no he wanted me go and join.

I went to gamestop 20 minutes and ordered it there. worked out good in the end availed of the 9.99 deal :D

Balls come midnight launch I must travel 20 mins instead of 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Its just leaked!

<snip>

Mod: No directions on how to get leaked copy allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

New plan, watch the Swansea v Liverpool game in Douglas, get food afterwards, join que.

Now, hurry up Monday night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

GavRedKing wrote: »
    New plan, watch the Swansea v Liverpool game in Douglas, get food afterwards, join que.

Now, hurry up Monday night. :D

Don't forget about Breaking Bad :p

yeah only took 2 mins to be fair and the one good thing about it is the que shouldnt be as big as alot wont be prepaired to go trough opening an account or wont have drivers licence or passport with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

According to Amazon.co.uk, GTA V is "Dispatching Now", so hopefully it leaves the warehouse today. Wednesday delivery at the latest I reckon.

If you don't want to open a full account and simply preorder the game you can but they take your details and give you a temporary membership card. It's just a piece of paper but you don't need proof of address for it.

i didnt find that wouldnt let me order without an account do you not think i would have done that money has to go into an account

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

If I turn up at Stephen's Green Gamestop on Monday at midnight without pre-ordering will I be able to get it or am I just wasting my time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

According to Amazon.co.uk, GTA V is "Dispatching Now", so hopefully it leaves the warehouse today. Wednesday delivery at the latest I reckon.

What delivery option have you chosen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    What delivery option have you chosen?

Went with first class delivery (which cost £0.00) to Parcel Motel address in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

i just got my email saying that the game has now been dispatched so i'd say yours is in the same boat as mine!

Advertisement