Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

psugrue wrote: »
    i just got my email saying that the game has now been dispatched so i'd say yours is in the same boat as mine!

From Amazon.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

From Amazon.co.uk?
    yup, i went via the parcel motel route too for the free first class delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've the collector's edition ordered with the fastest 2-day delivery to Ireland. Fingers crossed. Mine still says estimated dispatch is Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

How are those that are using parcel motel belfast address getting it delivered to toe south of the of ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cena wrote: »
    How are those that are using parcel motel belfast address getting it delivered to toe south of the of ireland

Parcel Motel delivery guy will drop it off at their local Parcel Motel :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

cena wrote: »

That's the beauty of Parcel Motel. When you register, you tell them your nearest Parcel Motel bank, and they issue you a unique id number that's associated with all your information, that included.

When you buy something online, you give your address as "(Your ID number) + the Belfast address". The seller sends the item straight to their Belfast address, but when it gets there, Parcel Motel themselves look at your ID number, then sort and dispatch it to the preferred set of lockers associated with that number.

I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Parcel Motel, it's a great facility for impulse buying insomniacs like me and their customer service is cracking, the postage savings are just the icing on the cake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,216 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Does anyone know what would the trade in price for GTA V be the day after release? I think I may be getting a present of it a day after but im not sure. Lets say Xtravision or Gamestop, would I get 50 quid?

If you get a 2nd copy as a gift keep the receipt of 1st game and dont open 2nd game and take it back for a full refund no need to trade in as you have not opened the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone in this thread hear anything from their Gamestop stores about the rumours of the shipment was damaged and that they will not have the collectors edition for launch day or that they have a shortage of normal versions, we have stores Mullingar and Cork in the main thread saying the rumour is true and a store in Dublin saying its a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I've heard mutterings about it and I would be inclined to believe the smaller regional stores over the Dublin ones on something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

If I turn up at Stephen's Green Gamestop on Monday at midnight without pre-ordering will I be able to get it or am I just wasting my time?

Unless youre a pretty decent burglar id say you wont get it as the store isnt opening at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've heard mutterings about it and I would be inclined to believe the smaller regional stores over the Dublin ones on something like that.

It's bull****. Gamestop posted on FB that they are investigating why a store would even suggest it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Unless youre a pretty decent burglar id say you wont get it as the store isnt opening at midnight.
    They are not doing a midnight launch?!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Holsten wrote: »
    They are not doing a midnight launch?!

Their Facebook says they are? https://www.facebook.com/events/158489207676432/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DarkJager wrote: »
    It's bull****. Gamestop posted on FB that they are investigating why a store would even suggest it.

If that actually happened it'd be reported officially by now, nothing bar fb rumours so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

krudler wrote: »
    If that actually happened it'd be reported officially by now, nothing bar fb rumours so far

It's been stated by GS that it's a total lie and there are no problems with stock. Panic is over ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

They are, i've been into them, they said they will be open at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

psugrue wrote: »
    i just got my email saying that the game has now been dispatched so i'd say yours is in the same boat as mine!

Yup... just got mine too. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

My mate works in head gamestop office, says that the accident did occur and is being kept quiet, they are hoping they will be able to fulfill the orders in time by shipping extra stock over the weekend.
    says they won't know for definite until sunday whether anybody will be affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

My mate works in head gamestop office, says that the accident did occur and is being kept quiet, they are hoping they will be able to fulfill the orders in time by shipping extra stock over the weekend.
    says they won't know for definite until sunday whether anybody will be affected.

Id say this is more likely, Id completely understand why they would want to keep it under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have GTA ordered with Amazon Super Saver does anyone have experience of how long it will take to get to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Would be in Game Stops best interests to have orders fulfilled.. Otherwise they'd look like right tools

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I have GTA ordered with Amazon Super Saver does anyone have experience of how long it will take to get to me?

Has it shipped yet, if not about 3-4 days after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

No offence but I would believe GameStop more then your "mate".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    No offence but I would believe GameStop more then your "mate".

Wouldn't trust Gamestop at all. I just have very little choice for the amount of funds I have.

I can hardly see marketing dep.t and operations dep.t working that closely together.

If there is a issue i doubt it will affect many people.

Xenji wrote: »
    Has it shipped yet, if not about 3-4 days after that.

Got an email to say it will ship 16th, it is £35 with super saver compared to near 60 on gamestop!

I vaguely recall getting 2 games 2 days after they shipped once from amazon.

Got an email to say it will ship 16th, it is £35 with super saver compared to near 60 on gamestop!

You will have it Wednesday at the earliest, could be Thursday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I ordered Arkham City on the cheap Sunday evening around 9pm and got it in the post Thursday morning, it had an estimated delivery date of way past that but amazon are usually good for shipping times.

Thx, mad isnt how the older you get the more you start counting the pennies, I refuse to pay extra just to get it day one would rather save 20 squid!

Pat from Gamesnash posted this over on the main thread.
    The damaged shipment rumour
    Ok mixed news on this one folks.

What I have been told is that there was indeed an issue with the initial consignment of stock on Xbox only. This was a manufacturing fault which damaged discs / rendered them faulty and was only discovered as stock started landing in the top tier distributors. There has been a major push to re manufacture these units / allocate stock from elsewhere and extra / replacement stock is expected to land over the weekend and in time for release day. In fact some of this has already arrived.

We've been told that our day 1 stock is secure and we as in Gamesnash have no issues with shortages. Our stock is here in Ireland (but not released to us until Monday)

Reading between the lines though and this is my personal opinion - there may be some shortages on Xbox considering wave 2 stock was not due until the end of the month I'd be wondering how much stock / production facilities could be utilised at short notice to get stock replaced. This all depends of course on what % of the initial run was damaged / faulty. I don't have that figure myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 peterb23

any chance i'll pick this up soon without pre-ordering??

Advertisement