Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 peterb23

what is the actual release date by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

peterb23 wrote: »
    what is the actual release date by the way?

It is the 17th, by the looks of it if you have a PS3 yes, if you have a Xbox it might not be that simple now, you should place a pre-order before Tuesday if possible either way, it will be safer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

DarkJager wrote: »
    It's bull****. Gamestop posted on FB that they are investigating why a store would even suggest it.

From experience, I would not trust a word GS says officially until I have the disc in my hands, and if you visited ten different branches you'd get ten different stories. And since, if there is a stock shortage, city branches will be prioritised, "Regional" stores, ie. Mullingar, will be the ones short changed - so it's in their interest to be honest with customers in a way it won't be for city branches. I have my own preorder with them, I should add, but they've been known to talk through their hat to save face at launches before.

Think of it like this - if GS they claim everything's hunky dory, and can cover a sizeable number of pre-orders, then a sizeable number of those people will go away without ever realising there's an issue. Only the people getting the shaft will come away with a poor experience of them.

On the other hand, if they make it known there's a problem in advance, then they look bad to everyone - including the people who will eventually get the available copies as usual.

So it's in the company's interest to present an entirely kosher situation regardless of the truth, even knowing a bunch of people are likely to go bananas at store staff when it inevitably becomes apparent.

In either case, branches will get very little or confused information from HO.

So while it's still a "developing story", again, I would never take a "head office" statement as gospel, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Amazon have dispatched my copy of GTA V. :D

Used Parcel Motel too to avoid any potential dicking around by Royal Mail and An Post.

Should have it Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

This is on the Gamestop page for the Xbox editions only:
    IMPORTANT: Orders placed after 17:40 on September 12th will not be delivered for launch. They will however, be sent as soon as possible

PS3 ones have no message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Very specific with the time there! Why not just say 6pm?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Very specific with the time there! Why not just say 6pm?

I'd guess that they counted how many orders they could fulfill and 17.40 was the last one. If they said 6pm and there was, say, 5 orders in those 20mins, thats 5 orders they couldn't fulfill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

By damaged, I wonder if it's faulty disks or if it may be actual physical damage.Im praying that disks dont start acting up after receiving them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Is that online orders or preorders in the shop?

Preordered mine for Xbox in a rural Gamestop store on September 5th and worried it won't be there for launch day now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

By damaged, I wonder if it's faulty disks or if it may be actual physical damage.Im praying that disks dont start acting up after receiving them.

Another thing. That would be even worse! Disaster from Gamestops point of view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Is that online orders or preorders in the shop?

Preordered mine for Xbox in a rural Gamestop store on September 5th and worried it won't be there for launch day now :(

Not sure to be honest but could be kind of sketchy. Wonder when the notice went up? If it only went up today could be a lot of people who ordered and didn't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

TheTownie wrote: »
    Amazon have dispatched my copy of GTA V. :D

Used Parcel Motel too to avoid any potential dicking around by Royal Mail and An Post.

Should have it Wednesday morning.

You will have that by Monday, maybe Sunday.

RasTa wrote: »
    You will have that by Monday, maybe Sunday.

You're right. Forgot UK get mail on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

TheTownie wrote: »
    You're right. Forgot UK get mail on Saturdays.

Fair dues hope u get it very soon. But has made wonder about rockstar insisting the game be dispatched on the 16th just recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Gamesnash Pat said it was a manufacturing fault that only got noticed at the top tier supplier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Fair dues hope u get it very soon. But has made wonder about rockstar insisting the game be dispatched on the 16th just recently!

amazon are worth about 120 billion quid, I think they can do what they want regards shipping :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

krudler wrote: »
    amazon are worth about 120 billion quid, I think they can do what they want regards shipping :pac:

tumblr_lm832jFZZ81qii6tmo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Cheapest place in Galway to buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Doris300 wrote: »
    Cheapest place in Galway to buy this?

At this point i would be looking for availability instead of cheapness!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

mutley18 wrote: »
    At this point i would be looking for availability instead of cheapness!

Damn has it gotten to that point

• Advertisement

Doris300 wrote: »
    Damn has it gotten to that point

If you have a Xbox it could even be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anywhere still taking launch day/week pre orders for 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Would everyone recommend just ordering it from amazon.co.uk if I want it delivered any time before Friday? I am not concerned with getting it on the day as I won't have access to my PS3 until the weekend.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anywhere still taking launch day/week pre orders for 360?

If you let us know your location it might be of a little help. I only pre booked mine yesterday, so if you look around there should be somewhere that are still taking bookings.

Would everyone recommend just ordering it from amazon.co.uk if I want it delivered any time before Friday? I am not concerned with getting it on the day as I won't have access to my PS3 until the weekend.

You can still pre-order in stores, but an unspecified amount of the Xbox version that was shipped here were defective, so they may have a shortfall in stock of the game. If you order it off Amazon now, you would have it for Wednesday/Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PSN version of the game is available to preload at 3pm on Sunday, they pushed it back from today so I've 2 days to download 36GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Xenji wrote: »
    You can still pre-order in stores, but a unspecified amount of the Xbox version that were shipped here were defective, so they may have a shortfall in stock of the game. If you order it off Amazon now, you would have it for Wednesday/Thursday.

Amazon has it significantly cheaper though so I'd rather go down that route. Wednesday/Thursday seems to suit just fine, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Varik wrote: »
    The PSN version of the game is available to preload at 3pm on Sunday, they pushed it back from today so I've 2 days to download 36GB.

Its 18GB, is it not?

edit: or do you mean 18 for downloading and 18 for installing, it wont take that long to install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheBza wrote: »
    Its 18GB, is it not?

edit: or do you mean 18 for downloading and 18 for installing, it wont take that long to install.

2 PS3s and 18GB each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Aww yea, i remember you saying that the other day, la di da :P

Advertisement