Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Changed my pre order to GameStop got it fully payed off...there sold out of Xbox 360 copies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    2 PS3s and 18GB each.

Well, aren't you rich, no recession there...blah, blah, blah. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Changed my pre order to GameStop got it fully payed off...there sold out of Xbox 360 copies.

Did they happen to say from what date they can guarantee a existing Xbox pre-order, wonder how many copies were actually faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Xenji wrote: »
    Did they happen to say from what date they can guarantee a existing Xbox pre-order, wonder how many copies were actually faulty.

They said nothing about when they would be getting more stock thankfully I'm getting the ps3 version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If you let us know your location it might be of a little help. I only pre booked mine yesterday, so if you look around there should be somewhere that are still taking bookings.

Kildare/Dublin.

I could order on amazon now and get express shipping, but... I wonder have they copies to ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Socrates

TheBza wrote: »
    Its 18GB, is it not?

edit: or do you mean 18 for downloading and 18 for installing, it wont take that long to install.

Is it 18GB to download and the same again to install?

Only have a 40GB PS3 (that no longer reads discs) and with everything cleared it's only 32GB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Socrates wrote: »
    Is it 18GB to download and the same again to install?

Only have a 40GB PS3 (that no longer reads discs) and with everything cleared it's only 32GB

You need 36GB to download/install.
    It won't download unless you have double memory free.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I've forgotten to pre-order GTA V, I'm going to try in the morning, but I've got two questions.
    With this trade 2 games and get a new release for 99c thing Gamestop have going on, what would be the cheapest off the list to buy if anyone knows? as I already have one but not a second game.
    Also, if Gamestop are sold out, do Tesco do pre orders? would I be more or less guaranteed to get the game if I go down to Tesco at opening time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Socrates

F1ngers wrote: »
    You need 36GB to download/install.
    It won't download unless you have double memory free.

Ah balls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I've forgotten to pre-order GTA V, I'm going to try in the morning, but I've got two questions.
    With this trade 2 games and get a new release for 99c thing Gamestop have going on, what would be the cheapest off the list to buy if anyone knows? as I already have one but not a second game.
    Also, if Gamestop are sold out, do Tesco do pre orders? would I be more or less guaranteed to get the game if I go down to Tesco at opening time?

first its €9:99 for GTA V with the two game trade in not 99c.. and secondly i found the cheapest and easiest to find games on the list were the last GTA , Red Dead Redemption & Batman Arkham City , but thats on different formats so re-check the list for which formats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I figure if you're in a decent-sized Tesco at/around opening time on Tuesday morning, there's no way you won't get a copy but later in the day and certainly later in the week, it may be a stretch. Someone said on here that they'll be selling it for €55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Went into xtra vision to pay off my copies and they told me they are no longer taking pre orders and they will have none for sale on the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Does the tesco in the shopping centre in Galway sell games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I pre-ordered/paid In Gamestop in town today and was told I wont get it now until Thurs or Fri. Is there any way ill get it earlier, like if people don't come get their pre-orders? would it be worth showing up on Tuesday or Wednesday to try and get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

I think little woods have it with a 2 working day delivery prob get it tues/wed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

srm23 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered/paid In Gamestop in town today and was told I wont get it now until Thurs or Fri. Is there any way ill get it earlier, like if people don't come get their pre-orders? would it be worth showing up on Tuesday or Wednesday to try and get it?

Stranger things have happened. If you're nearby, I'd definitely chance popping in, that's happened at launches before.

srm23 wrote: »

Worth heading in tomorrow and asking them to put one aside for you if someone who prebooked doesn't show up. atm I have a PS4 preordered in Smyths and when I booked it I was told that all of the first day stock was booked but that if someone didn't show up on the day the stock would be allocated to those on the list that didn't order in time for day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

55 in tesco, 50 if you spend 75 on shopping :rolleyes: so much for their offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Doris300 wrote: »
    Does the tesco in the shopping centre in Galway sell games?

Yeah. It'll be in Tesco, Smyths, XtraVision, Gamestop & OMG (Zhivago) in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I pre-ordered the supa de dupa edition in Gamestop Meath on Friday. Was told I would "DEFFO" have it as its on PS3 and they had stopped taking orders on the Xbox becoz of the fubar stock.

There will be a few strong words and body armour needed if I dont get my copy.....YA DIG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I knew I shouldn't have waited, anywhere I can get it on release day now?

I knew I shouldn't have waited, anywhere I can get it on release day now?

Tesco or Argos on Tuesday morning might be a possibility.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Tesco or Argos on Tuesday morning might be a possibility.

I know a gentleman working in the local Argos.. Might want to reduce your list to just Tesco from the sound of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

For GTA IV I walked into Smyths Limerick on the day of release and there was a wall of them behind the counter.

From my experience at Gamestop they have absolutely no further copies for 360 but PS3 is fine.

I know a gentleman working in the local Argos.. Might want to reduce your list to just Tesco from the sound of things.

Wow they're getting none?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Should have it Monday, maybe a chance of having it tonight :D
    271710.jpg

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Wow they're getting none?

It just looks like they won't be getting them on release.

If I hear more I'll let you know for sure. Just repeating what I've heard at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Was talking to the guys in GS in Stephens green,

They are running out of stock and might not have stock without pre-order.

I asked about the stamp and that they are no longer doing that due to R* not liking it.

Plus i paid 80 for the special edition , so i'll be getting 5 back that night :D

• Advertisement

It just looks like they won't be getting them on release.

If I hear more I'll let you know for sure. Just repeating what I've heard at the moment.

Ah mine's on its way from Amazon at the moment anyway so I don't really care but that's interesting all the same.

Advertisement