Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

iMuse wrote: »
    Should have it Monday, maybe a chance of having it tonight :D

Mine also arrived. According to the Parcel Motel Twitter account it will be in Limerick on Monday morning when I wake up. All for €20 less than Gamestop, and no need to queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, people on Reddit are saying they got their amazon.co.uk orders already
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1mdb0p/amazoncouk_gta_v_delivered/

As far as I know, Parcel Motel work over the weekend, so possible you'll get a text tomorrow morning saying it's ready to be picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Was talking to the guys in GS in Stephens green,

They are running out of stock and might not have stock without pre-order.

I asked about the stamp and that they are no longer doing that due to R* not liking it.

Is "the stamp" the stamp on the receipt I was going to get on Monday for the midnight release? Can I just go to the midnight release now with no stamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The one thing to take away from all this is that Parcel Motel have merked everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    No offence but I would believe GameStop more then your "mate".

Think you owe me an apology, "mate".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

ordered from amazon and mine has not been posted yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Think you owe me an apology, "mate".
    I don't owe you anything i would never trust what someone with less then 100 posts says on here about something like this,when Pat from Gamesnash says their is reports of a faulty shipment i would trust what he says.

Seems a lot of people in Northern Ireland who ordered with Amazon are getting theirs today. Anyone fancy ringing Gamestop to see if they'll break the release date as Amazon already have?

Is there like a 'main' Gamestop shop? Like a HQ shop or such I can ring and ask?:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Seems a lot of people in Northern Ireland who ordered with Amazon are getting theirs today. Anyone fancy ringing Gamestop to see if they'll break the release date as Amazon already have?

Is there like a 'main' Gamestop shop? Like a HQ shop or such I can ring and ask?:o:D

If you can single-handedly convince GameStop to release it early I will post you naked pics of all the hot members of my family, you should see my Great Aunt Bridie, absolute ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Aren't most Irish shops not actually getting the games until monday anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

GS are a big retailer too!

Mc Love wrote: »
    GS are a big retailer too!

But nowhere near in the same league as Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No but they are a worldwide brand

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure if this wasn't mentioned here already but Harvey Norman in Swords have about 2 or 4 copies of GTAV Collectors Edition for preorder right now, that's the big pack with the bag and the cap and the rest. 129.99 and I just preordered my 360 copy this afternoon, €20 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Was down in Xtravision in Blanch today, and was told they havent even got their stock in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was down in Xtravision in Blanch today, and was told they havent even got their stock in yet.

That's right, won't probably get it till Monday but it would be in the warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Got a notice to same my amazon super saver has been dispatched. Strange, figured it would send much later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

grizzly wrote: »
    Got a notice to same my amazon super saver has been dispatched. Strange, figured it would send much later.

Ahhhhh dude! Mine has not and it too is super saver! Ah well enjoy :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Will amazon have any penalty for the early release?

• Advertisement

Courtesy of GameStop's page (posted by someone on their page)

1239537_641009555919244_250634783_n.jpg

Just seems a bit childish to keep the release date now. Give us the game already. Will never use Gamestop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just seems a bit childish to keep the release date now. Give us the game already. Will never use Gamestop again.

No Irish retailer has broken the date so gamestop etc won't be selling it early.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

is that tesco selling it sof rnearly 70?!
    what happens the days of getting cod form them for 39.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Lenny wrote: »
    is that tesco selling it sof rnearly 70?!
    what happens the days of getting cod form them for 39.95.

Look at the bottom of the stand. Its not Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Courtesy of GameStop's page (posted by someone on their page)

1239537_641009555919244_250634783_n.jpg

I think that pic was taken in Spain.

I think that pic was taken in Spain.

Definitely, from reading the stand, but retailers are still selling it in Europe on the shelves. Just annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Definitely, from reading the stand, but retailers are still selling it in Europe on the shelves. Just annoying. :mad:

I can`t wait to see what happens.Rockstar and their legal department will probably come down on them like a ton of bricks

I can`t wait to see what happens.Rockstar and their legal department will probably come down on them like a ton of bricks

Ah, I'd be doubtful, it doesn't really seem that hard to get hold of a copy outside Ireland. Every stream I see is a european country and even Irish people are getting it early (via Amazon).

I don't see why Gamestop or Xtra-Vision can't just cop on and put it on shelves. I'd bet money on Smyths or Tesco or the likes putting it out early.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

how much is it gonna be in general?
    mgiht just order off amazon and get it on my parcel motel.. culd have it on tuesday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lenny wrote: »
    how much is it gonna be in general?
    mgiht just order off amazon and get it on my parcel motel.. culd have it on tuesday morning

That's what I did, for 40 quid ya might as well.

I'd say it'll probably be 55-60 for the first few weeks in most shops.

Advertisement