Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

I ordered mine on Amazon and it hasn't even been dispatched yet...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ortiz wrote: »
    I ordered mine on Amazon and it hasn't even been dispatched yet...:(

Because they've run out of stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

You should have headed to the self check-out :pac:

Yeah thats the first thing I would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Or just steal it and if caught, just say you're doing research for the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone know if Gamestop in Galway are doing a midnight launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Gamestop in Galway are doing a midnight launch?

They're not. Shopping centre won't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

You should have headed to the self check-out :pac:

Wouldn't he of had to get a clerk to take off the security casing though, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

So mixed up and not up-to-date!
    I've preordered for Xbox with Gamestop 2 weeks ago. Was told I'd have it Monday at midnight.

Is there an issue with my order or what's the story? I've heard that many rumours it's hard to keep track :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know what price HMV are selling it for? Might pop in for the midnight launch and see if I can get one. If not then I'll try tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I think most tescos actually have the game they just aint allowed to sell it until tuesday is what I have been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

Any idea what time Gamestop in Galway are opening on Tuesday? Heard 8AM from somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Because they've run out of stock.

On xbox 360 only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Wouldn't he of had to get a clerk to take off the security casing though, no?
    Please read before commenting......
    You should have headed to the self check-out pacman.gif
    jasT1981 wrote: »
    I don't think you can. Games are kept behind the smokes counter (at least in my local) you have to take it to the checkout and they take the plastic casing off it and put disk in the cover.
    I know, it was just a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, did you get a dispatched email before it showed up in parcel motel?

I got a dispatch email from amazon on Friday, It arrived at parcel motel yesterday. If you ordered via parcel motel you should have got the same email on friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

Just got a copy in my local xtra visison in Limerick, they had them on the shelves, have one coming from amazon but couldn't turn my nose at the early availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Which xtra vision???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Just got a copy in my local xtra visison in Limerick, they had them on the shelves, have one coming from amazon but couldn't turn my nose at the early availability.

I don't believe you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Gamesnash has my status as packing and has given an An Post tracking reference

Which doesn't work yet with An Post website but will tomorrow I guess

I expect I'll have it Tuesday

Good work Pat :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 2BFrank

Will the price go up after a few weeks? i.e would it be wise to get it as early as possible even if you won't be able play it for a few weeks?

Doubt it. Must have been a serious cock up if you did. Happened me before with a few games where I got them 1/2 days early but GTA V is different

Might chance it though!

• Advertisement

2BFrank wrote: »
    Will the price go up after a few weeks? i.e would it be wise to get it as early as possible even if you won't be able play it for a few weeks?

The price won't go up anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The price will not go up in stores, it is possible that it could go up on Amazon, but they do have a pre-order price guarantee, so it you order now you will not pay any more even if the price does go up.

Is it Amazon.com you order it from? Does it get delivered to the house or parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is it Amazon.com you order it from? Does it get delivered to the house or parcel motel?

Amazon.co.uk, you can get it delivered to either.

Thanks very much. Is it free delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

ULMarc wrote: »
    For GTA IV I walked into Smyths Limerick on the day of release and there was a wall of them behind the counter.

From my experience at Gamestop they have absolutely no further copies for 360 but PS3 is fine.

Just realised that this will be the first time where we've gotten GTA before the US. Even if it's only by a couple of hours, I like the fact that worldwide releases have slowly begun to allign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks very much. Is it free delivery?

Yeah it qualifies for free super saver delivery to Ireland. If you get it delivered to the parcel motel you'll obviously pay €3.50 for that.

Sorry for the questions. Will it be cheaper in Tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Doubt it. Must have been a serious cock up if you did. Happened me before with a few games where I got them 1/2 days early but GTA V is different

Might chance it though!

only two stores in limerick and none have GTA V on the shelves! Had to leave work - would have been worth the risk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Bought 2 games in xtravision, 35 euro and did the GameStop deal, 45euro in total, decent enough, was hoping I'd get it for 40 but xtravision only had one 15euro game that qualified

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

Advertisement