Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just got a copy in my local xtra visison in Limerick, they had them on the shelves, have one coming from amazon but couldn't turn my nose at the early availability.

Pics or I call bullshit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

krudler wrote: »
    Pics or I call bullshit

its BS - I just checked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Mc Love wrote: »
    its BS - I just checked!

Parkway and dooradoyle are the only xtra visions in limerick now are they??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

srumball wrote: »
    tried to pre order today in Xtra Vision and they said they had stopped taking them! really hope i get a 360 copy by Tuesday. gonna go the local tesco at midngiht

Xtravision stop taking pre-orders usually a week before release of games so they have enough stock to cover the orders.
    Anyone know what price HMV are selling it for? Might pop in for the midnight launch and see if I can get one. If not then I'll try tesco.

Guessing €60 as that's what Xtravision is selling it at.
    Just got a copy in my local xtra visison in Limerick, they had them on the shelves, have one coming from amazon but couldn't turn my nose at the early availability.

Xtravision never break release dates, even if others have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Little Pea wrote: »
    I think most tescos actually have the game they just aint allowed to sell it until tuesday is what I have been told.

They've been known to sell before release-time in the past. Wouldn't be surprised if they start selling it tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bounty on the head of TheKingSlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

My copy left the Parcel Motel Depot in the North yesterday, according to their website!!!Wondering now could i have it by tonight or tomorrow?... Just waiting for the phone to beep!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Xtravision never break release dates, even if others have.

Yes they do, in the past I've been sent to confirm nearby Tesco and GameStop outlets had broke release dates so we could follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

http://coinpixels.com/industry/rockstar-investigating-early-sales-gta/

Rockstar investigating the early sales of GTA V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    My copy left the Parcel Motel Depot in the North yesterday, according to their website!!!Wondering now could i have it by tonight or tomorrow?... Just waiting for the phone to beep!!:)

Should have it by tomorrow I'd suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jaffusmax wrote: »

"Early sales" is such a bullshit term. The games were sold when people handed their money over.

Publishers can't have their cake and eat it too. If they're happy to offer pre-orders then they should accept the fact that early delivery will sometimes happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

Harpy wrote: »
    Parkway and dooradoyle are the only xtra visions in limerick now are they??

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or not. Anyway, I want to answer your question genuinely and say you're correct.

Anyway, what possessed me to post was that I looked up the Xtra-Vision store locator and noticed that they list HMV. I didn't realise Xtra-Vision had a hand in relaunching HMV until now.

p8hVFX0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You've all heard the saying as rich as a Lanister maybe The Kingslayer bribed the Xtravision staff to sell him the game.

"Early sales" is such a bullshit term. The games were sold when people handed their money over.

Publishers can't have their cake and eat it too. If they're happy to offer pre-orders then they should accept the fact that early delivery will sometimes happen.

It is just a self made publicity stunt Rockstar are the masters of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You've all heard the saying as rich as a Lanister maybe The Kingslayer bribed the Xtravision staff to sell him the game.

Or he just knows someone working there, I wouldnt hold it against him getting an early copy if he could....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Quote from Tesco in response to will GTAV be on sale from midnight
    I know some of our stores will. What's your local store? I'll check for you Sorry we haven't been told the price yet, this hasn't been released.

Matt - Customer Care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

does anyone know if you put a deposit on something on gamestop and then decide not to take it can you move the deposit to something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

krudler wrote: »
    does anyone know if you put a deposit on something on gamestop and then decide not to take it can you move the deposit to something else?

Yep.

For all their faults they're actually pretty decent with moving deposits about (which makes sense, as it means you're still lined up to buy something for full whack at launch).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yep.

For all their faults they're actually pretty decent with moving deposits about (which makes sense, as it means you're still lined up to buy something for full whack at launch).

is this still the same for if say I have GTA v paid off in full but decide not buy it in gamestop but go in on like wednesday or thursday this week and ask to move my deposit to another game, or is it only valid for before the game is released?

jaffusmax wrote: »

I hare crap like that. Rockstar know damn well that amazon try to have the game incustomers hands on release day and there's no way in hell they will hold off on sending it out till release day. As for other stores breaking release, again what's the harm? Sure it'll be annoying fir those with preorders in a store not willing to break the street date but no one gets hurt or loses out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hare crap like that. Rockstar know damn well that amazon try to have the game incustomers hands on release day and there's no way in hell they will hold off on sending it out till release day. As for other stores breaking release, again what's the harm? Sure it'll be annoying fir those with preorders in a store not willing to break the street date but no one gets hurt or loses out.

Tbf, I think Rockstar would be cool with that, but sending it out on Friday with next day delivery when the UK deliver on Saturdays. That wasn't so smart.

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, I think Rockstar would be cool with that, but sending it out on Friday with next day delivery when the UK deliver on Saturdays. That wasn't so smart.

But amazon posts across the world and if they only sent orders on release day a lot of people may not get their copy till a week later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

But amazon posts across the world and if they only sent orders on release day a lot of people may not get their copy till a week later.

They sent to UK places though. Latest they'd get them is Monday with that, and most will get to people on the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Those of you in Dublin; where are you heading for your midnight launch?

I may or may not be asking so as to avoid looking at your smug faces ahead of me in the queue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Tinie wrote: »
    is this still the same for if say I have GTA v paid off in full but decide not buy it in gamestop but go in on like wednesday or thursday this week and ask to move my deposit to another game, or is it only valid for before the game is released?

If you just straight up paid with cash or store credit, then I'm pretty sure they'll just let you pick something else up, or stick it on a gift card, (if I can get GTA V cheap elsewhere I intend to leave move my deposit on Wed or Thu to PES 2014).

Not sure how it works if you availed of their trade in 2 games and get it for €9.99 though (you'd pobably have to pick up something else on the deal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I can understand them shipping it early to people with irish addresses but infact they shipped on a friday to uk addresses.

Most people here got it through Parcel Motel which address was in Northern Ireland, hence still in the UK.

Amazon knew well that people would end up with the game over the weekend or early monday, they didn't wait until monday to ship it out.

Like I said, I can understand them shipping it to people with irish addresses as it would take a bit longer to reach here, but they shipped them out early to uk addresses.

Not that I'm annoyed or anything but it's clearly obvious and they will have a bit of explaining to do.

I reckon amazon would rather take some grief from Rockstar then lose customers by shipping a game that would not reach them in time for launch.

It would be a different matter if a high street retailer broke the embargo out of pure greed!

I can understand them shipping it early to people with irish addresses but infact they shipped on a friday to uk addresses.

Most people here got it through Parcel Motel which address was in Northern Ireland, hence still in the UK.

Amazon knew well that people would end up with the game over the weekend or early monday, they didn't wait until monday to ship it out.

Like I said, I can understand them shipping it to people with irish addresses as it would take a bit longer to reach here, but they shipped them out early to uk addresses.

Not that I'm annoyed or anything but it's clearly obvious and they will have a bit of explaining to do.

Amazon will laugh off any grief that Rockstar send them. Amazon are big enough that if they chose not to distribute Rockstar products then their sales would take a huge hit. They shipped on Friday to ensure that their customers had it on release day. If they didn't and their UK customers received the game on Wednesday or Thursday their their business could suffer in the long run and that's not a risk they are willing to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

GTA V for ps3 is sold out in my local gamestop in dublin, if I were to cancel my preordered GTA for ps3 would that make one more available for others to preorder or does it not work that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

Quick question... i have GTA pre-ordered in Smyths. Will i have to collect from the outlet i ordered it from? Or can i collect it from ANY Smyths? Just wondering because the outlet i ordered from won't have a midnight release but others will.

Link for anyone who pre-ordered from Smyths: http://www.toys.ie/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-X360-!117693-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9502e605-79b4-455a-ada6-a77061a371e9

(PS3 is same)

Advertisement