Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,708 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ev84 wrote: »
    Quick question... i have GTA pre-ordered in Smyths. Will i have to collect from the outlet i ordered it from? Or can i collect it from ANY Smyths? Just wondering because the outlet i ordered from won't have a midnight release but others will.

Link for anyone who pre-ordered from Smyths: http://www.toys.ie/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-X360-!117693-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9502e605-79b4-455a-ada6-a77061a371e9

(PS3 is same)

Well if you preordered it in store, then there'll be a copy of the game with your name on it in the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Well if you preordered it in store, then there'll be a copy of the game with your name on it in the store.

Sorry, i might not have been clear in my question... i ordered it from Smyths on Ennis road, but they are not doing a midnight release AFAIK but Smyths on Childers road are. so can i collect it from a different shop than the one i ordered it from? there was no deposit, just a phone number is all that was asked of me.

Sorry, i might not have been clear in my question... i ordered it from Smyths on Ennis road, but they are not doing a midnight release AFAIK but Smyths on Childers road are. so can i collect it from a different shop than the one i ordered it from? there was no deposit, just a phone number is all that was asked of me.

Ring the store you ordered from and ask them to get a copy of the game held for you in the other store.

Usually the way preorders work is that a copy of the game is put aside for you.

So if you've preordered it on Ennis Road, they'll have a copy put aside of you, but the other store won't because they won't even know you've preordered it at all.

Just as a tidbit of info, I asked Gamestop Ireland's Facebook page could I get a refund on my Pre-Order if I chose to not purchase the game, and was told it shouldn't be a problem. So if anyone wants to cancel you should be able to get a refund (my reasoning was that I'm certain Tesco or Smyths will have it on shelves before Midnight tomorrow, but unfortunately I'll have to go to the midnight launch anyway as I'm too busy tomorrow to get a chance to check the local stores).

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Ring the store you ordered from and ask them to get a copy of the game held for you in the other store.

Usually the way preorders work is that a copy of the game is put aside for you.

So if you've preordered it on Ennis Road, they'll have a copy put aside of you, but the other store won't because they won't even know you've preordered it at all.

Yeah i was afraid that's how it worked. I hoped they just put it on their network system or something and it could be collected from any Smyths. Guess that would cause havoc if everyone changed stores lol. Thanks for the quick reply Tyrell. will make a call in the morning. cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats very strange - I posted here the other day that I went in asked if they were opening at midnight and they went and asked a manager and said that both stores were not opening at midnight, guess I will be going to childers road tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

All this panic is sucking me in. Only want the game for Friday. Tempted to head up to Tesco tomorrow just in case it actually does sell out (still think it's fairly unlikely).

Just as a tidbit of info, I asked Gamestop Ireland's Facebook page could I get a refund on my Pre-Order if I chose to not purchase the game, and was told it shouldn't be a problem. So if anyone wants to cancel you should be able to get a refund (my reasoning was that I'm certain Tesco or Smyths will have it on shelves before Midnight tomorrow, but unfortunately I'll have to go to the midnight launch anyway as I'm too busy tomorrow to get a chance to check the local stores).

:eek: And miss out on the instant access to the Blimp? LOl. Might end up doing this myself if its in Tesco early as i've no deposit down. The urge might overpower me. The blimp will prob be a slow POS anyway. Are there any other pre-order bonuses?

Rascasse wrote: »
    All this panic is sucking me in. Only want the game for Friday. Tempted to head up to Tesco tomorrow just in case it actually does sell out (still think it's fairly unlikely).

I know. I cancelled my Amazon preorder thinking I'd just get it off Gamesnash and they're sold out. Then found out the xtravision around the corner isn't taking any more preorders, and either are most gamestops.

Gonna go up to Tesco around 11ish tomorrow before they shut (only stays open till midnight these days) and see if they've stuck them out on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Rascasse wrote: »

You lads really think Tesco will have it tomorrow? I doubt it. Otherwise why would HMV bother opening at midnight?

Dont get me wrong, Ill be up there myself to buy if they have it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Is it true that some places will have it on the shelves before midnight tomorrow? If thats the case I'm half tempted to cancel my pre-order and buy it before midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

:eek: And miss out on the instant access to the Blimp? LOl. Might end up doing this myself if its in Tesco early as i've no deposit down. The urge might overpower me. The blimp will prob be a slow POS anyway. Are there any other pre-order bonuses?

I'm sure if you really want the blimp you will be able to buy it as dlc?

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thats very strange - I posted here the other day that I went in asked if they were opening at midnight and they went and asked a manager and said that both stores were not opening at midnight, guess I will be going to childers road tuesday!

Don't take my word as concrete though. I only seen it on the website... unless there is a Childers road in Dublin as well?

http://www.toys.ie/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-X360-!117693-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9502e605-79b4-455a-ada6-a77061a371e9

David64 wrote: »
    Is it true that some places will have it on the shelves before midnight tomorrow? If thats the case I'm half tempted to cancel my pre-order and buy it before midnight.

It's just a rumour really, there doesn't seem to be any actual proof behind it. Fingers crossed though.

I know Tescos that don't open 24/7 have a habit of sticking the stock up on the shelves the night before to save them from doing it in the mornings!

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm sure if you really want the blimp you will be able to buy it as dlc?

Does anyone know if this is the case?

I'd say so ya but hardly straight away... wouldn't be an incentive otherwise really. could be wrong though. Are there any other pre-order bonuses besides the blimp?

As far as I'm aware, the blimp idea was that if you pre-order you get access to fly the blimp. The idea was that games that are pre-ordered will have a code in your box that gives you the ability to fly it.

However, it then came to pass that there is no actual way of telling who did or didn't pre-order, so I'd bet everything I own that everyone will have access to the blimp. I'm pretty sure the code for it will be available if you 'stalk' the blimp's 'Life Invader' page. It'll be used as a way to get you onto their site. I'd guarantee that nobody will actually be without blimp access on release day.

Hey there, blimpy boy! Flying through the sky so fancy free

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

been going through the thread lads, save me some time .MUST you have a pre order game to pick one up at the midnight launch?

Cullen82 wrote: »
    been going through the thread lads, save me some time .MUST you have a pre order game to pick one up at the midnight launch?

No. But there's a chance there won't be any stock left over, or the stock will fly out before you get a chance to get one.

If you preorder it you're guaranteed a copy. Most of the time anyways, some places can be gobshítes and sell copies off anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

just realised ive only a 4gb xbox slim!
    I was told maybe could use a usb for the install,
    if I do would I need to leave it in every time I play?

would be shocking if I hadn't realised this when I got the
    game next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

For the 2 game trade in deal with GameStop do you need to have the game pre-ordered or could you just go pick up a copy and trade in 2 games on the list and get it for a tenner?

If I went up tomorrow during the day, could I pre order it? If not could I trade in the games and pay for it then pick it up later?

Cheers

• Advertisement

The idea was that games that are pre-ordered will have a code in your box that gives you the ability to fly it.

However, it then came to pass that there is no actual way of telling who did or didn't pre-order

unless the retailers were given codes on separate slips of paper (not in the box) or something to be handed out to everyone who pre-ordered? Only the shops would know who pre-ordered. R* wouldn't have a clue.

unless the retailers were given codes on separate slips of paper (not in the box) or something to be handed out to everyone who pre-ordered? Only the shops would know who pre-ordered. R* wouldn't have a clue.

Shops wouldn't bother their arse with that kind of stuff. I'd say it's a case that every shop is getting two shipments of stock, and the first one for preorders/launch day releases will all have the code for the blimp in them.

It'll be the 2nd wave of stock that won't.

Yeah probably... my one better have the code or the shop keeper will be getting one of these :D

No spoilers in the thread?

Thought that was San Andreas and clicked play... :(

I'm just gonna have to steer clear of the net til tomorrow night...

Edit : no spoiler tag here, I'll get my coat.... :)

No spoilers in the thread?

Thought that was San Andreas and clicked play... :(

I'm just gonna have to steer clear of the net til tomorrow night...

It said gta 5 in the title. it was only an uppercut. hardly a mission spoiler. sorry though. didn't read the rules. delete the quoted vid so no-one else sees it pal.

It said gta 5 in the title. it was only an uppercut. hardly a mission spoiler. sorry though. didn't read the rules. delete the quoted vid so no-one else sees it pal.

Nah your alright...

No spoiler in the title description, I'm an idiot, disregard... :)

Nah your alright...

No spoiler in the title description, I'm an idiot, disregard... :)

best to delete the vid on your quote though so no else is sickened. sorry again.

best to delete the vid on your quote though so no else is sickened. sorry again.

Ive held back watching the leaked videos, and I'm weakening...

24 hours to go and we will have it in our hands... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Yes they do, in the past I've been sent to confirm nearby Tesco and GameStop outlets had broke release dates so we could follow suit.

Worked with them for 4 years up until recently and don't remember one release date broken tbh.
    ULMarc wrote: »
    Anyway, what possessed me to post was that I looked up the Xtra-Vision store locator and noticed that they list HMV. I didn't realise Xtra-Vision had a hand in relaunching HMV until now.

Xtravision and HMV are now sister companies, same owners (Hilco). Some Xtravision stores are turning into HMV concession stores too.
    srm23 wrote: »
    just realised ive only a 4gb xbox slim!
    I was told maybe could use a usb for the install,
    if I do would I need to leave it in every time I play?

would be shocking if I hadn't realised this when I got the
    game next week!

How many gigs do you need to install the game? :eek:

Going to be sweating in work all day tomorrow! Lucky I booked Tuesday off!

Ive held back watching the leaked videos, and I'm weakening...

I'm not as strong willed as you i'm afraid. I've watched em all lol. not mission ones though, only gameplay. they just made me want to play it more TBH. will you delete the video from your reply to me plz? don't want to ruin it for others too.

• Advertisement

How many gigs do you need to install the game? :eek:

18 GB!

Advertisement