Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

going to check tomorrow if gamestop in castlebar are having a midnigh launch
    extravision is closing down,so if there not doing a midnight launch ill order of game nash,that way ill have it in the morning.

8gb for disk one if you install

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do people really think this will sell out at launch? Its not a console, I don't see why they wouldn't have millions of copies ready. When was the last time a game sold out? Has it happened since vice city?

Look at the last few COD games, record breaking sales and you could still walk into any game shop the day after release and grab a copy. I don't know for sure obviously but I'd say you will get it no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What happens if you have a preorder, yet they don't have any left? Are you legally allowed to throw a tantrum?

What happens if you have a preorder, yet they don't have any left? Are you legally allowed to throw a tantrum?
    yes you are legally allowed to throw a fist at the dude behinde the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered Collector's Edition from Amazon for £100.

Gonna try sell my pre-order for Gamestop in Cork if anyone is interested let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

EGriff wrote: »
    Do people really think this will sell out at launch? Its not a console, I don't see why they wouldn't have millions of copies ready. When was the last time a game sold out? Has it happened since vice city?

Look at the last few COD games, record breaking sales and you could still walk into any game shop the day after release and grab a copy. I don't know for sure obviously but I'd say you will get it no problem.
    Read the thread, all supplies have been bought up. One shop in limerick has 1700 pre orders. And this is all 3 weeks before release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Cienciano wrote: »
    Read the thread, all supplies have been bought up. One shop in limerick has 1700 pre orders. And this is all 3 weeks before release

Yeah I read the thread, saying all supplies have been bought up is a bit ridiculous. There will be shops with stock that don't even take pre orders.

This game will probably beat the COD sales records but I still think it will be available off the shelf with no pre order. Like I said above, when was the last time a game sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah I read the thread, saying all supplies have been bought up is a bit ridiculous. There will be shops with stock that don't even take pre orders.

This game will probably beat the COD sales records but I still think it will be available off the shelf with no pre order. Like I said above, when was the last time a game sold out?
    Pat from gamesnash is the man to ask. It might not sell out, but if it does, chances are it will take a few weeks to get back in stock. Why take the chance? Might as well preorder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Battleflag wrote: »
    Going to be back in Edinburgh for this, so might pop down to HMV if they are having a midnight release. Never been to one so it might be good craic. Also since Rockstar North are based in Edinburgh, maybe some of the dev team might be there???

I'd say the devs are sick of the sight of it at this stage, probably off celebrating getting píssed somewhere :pac:

Will take my chances with Tesco in the morning I reckon, couldn't be ársed with midnight launch lark, plus it's a Monday anyway, hopefully will be able to stroll in on the way to work on Tuesday morning and pick up a copy. If not I'll grab it when it comes back in stock on Amazon or the like, no biggie!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

There may well be but I strongly suspect that the general story will be no pre order = no GTAV for a couple of weeks after release. I'm sure isolated stores may have stock available for a while but it won't be generally available IMHO.

The last time I predicted / warned a game would sell out was Ni No Kuni - check the thread on boards. It sold out across the board everywhere and was out of stock for a few weeks until second wave was manufactured and supplied. To a lesser extent Tales Of Xillia a couple of weeks ago went completely out of stock around Europe. Far Cry 3 and indeed Saints Row 3 couldn't be got for love nor money for a few weeks after their releases too but I'm going back a bit now. The point is that there are occasions when games sell out and don't come back in for a couple of weeks. It's a regular thing that perhaps people don't notice too much but it does happen. When it does happen we can generally predict it a few weeks in advance because we can see the wholesale market demand which is being driven by pre orders. When the wholesale market runs dry this far out there's a strong chance the game will be hard to get a hold of. I don't post warnings to generate sales for ourselves - well to be fair there is always a spike in orders from boardsies when I do but the point is that we are going to sell out anyway - I'm not getting extra sales - just making sure boardsies are sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There may well be but I strongly suspect that the general story will be no pre order = no GTAV for a couple of weeks after release. I'm sure isolated stores may have stock available for a while but it won't be generally available IMHO.

The last time I predicted / warned a game would sell out was Ni No Kuni - check the thread on boards. It sold out across the board everywhere and was out of stock for a few weeks until second wave was manufactured and supplied. To a lesser extent Tales Of Xillia a couple of weeks ago went completely out of stock around Europe. Far Cry 3 and indeed Saints Row 3 couldn't be got for love nor money for a few weeks after their releases too but I'm going back a bit now. The point is that there are occasions when games sell out and don't come back in for a couple of weeks. It's a regular thing that perhaps people don't notice too much but it does happen. When it does happen we can generally predict it a few weeks in advance because we can see the wholesale market demand which is being driven by pre orders. When the wholesale market runs dry this far out there's a strong chance the game will be hard to get a hold of. I don't post warnings to generate sales for ourselves - well to be fair there is always a spike in orders from boardsies when I do but the point is that we are going to sell out anyway - I'm not getting extra sales - just making sure boardsies are sorted out.

Are pre-orders made now still guaranteed for release day? dunno whether to risk getting it in tesco

Hi krudler

Yeah we are still selling day 1 stock. I will post up in advance on the main thread when we start running out again. Obviously express post needs to be chosen to 100% guarantee release day delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Wasn't MW2 sold out a release day in 2009/2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just ordered off Gamesnash

gamestop for me have a midnight launch so went with them and the chick behind the counter had a great set of personalities on her:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

How do you avail of the Boardsie discount with Gamesnash?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Wasn't MW2 sold out a release day in 2009/2010?

I bought it without pre-ordering, I remember vividly because I had a sh1tty trip to the dentist to get a tooth pulled and went to gamestop straight after for some retail therapy the morning of release :pac:

The Last Of Us was impossible to find recently, I got it well after a week after release as nowhere had it around after launch day, that's kinda understandable as it's a single platform release and having dealt with Sony's stingy stock allocations in the past when I worked for hmv I could see why.

On a sorta OT note, I miss this part of retail, huge anticipation and buildup of new releases. GTA is in a league of it's own though, Vice City was huge, San Andreas was gigantic (major,major panic when our day one stock didn't arrive until halfway through launch day, the abuse I got was unreal). Midnight launches are usually good craic, been to a few.

Pat, if I pre-order my copy of GTA V this week or next week, will I get it next day in the post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've never bought a game in Tesco, it just feels wrong

Yeah they had fifa 09 for 59.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

If anyone is NI/UK based and looking at getting this game cheap, Gamestop will give ya the game for two trade in's and £4.97 cash:eek:
    https://www.gamestop.co.uk/GTAVTrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I have never bought a game at a midnight launch. But I am tempted with this one :)

But I dunno, is anyone the same as me? in the way I'd rather get a game on the day, do what I had to do, then when I come home i'll have the rest of the day to play it? :p

I have never bought a game at a midnight launch. But I am tempted with this one :)

But I dunno, is anyone the same as me? in the way I'd rather get a game on the day, do what I had to do, then when I come home i'll have the rest of the day to play it? :p

Depends, getting it at midnight and ploughing into it for a few hours is fun, or being off launch day and wandering downstairs to find it on the hall floor in an envelope :pac:

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Pat, if I pre-order my copy of GTA V this week or next week, will I get it next day in the post?

As things stand we're still selling day 1 stock. Should still be ok next week but if we are anywhere close to running out I will post up here with a warning.

As things stand we're still selling day 1 stock. Should still be ok next week but if we are anywhere close to running out I will post up here with a warning.

Okay,thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I've pre-ordered my copy from Game UK. I'm guessing I wont get it on the release day but shouldn't be waiting long for it. It was the only place I could get the collectors edition! When are the reviews usually released for the GTA games?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

If I preorder this weekend and go to the midnight launch am I way down the list or do GameStop just stick their hand in a box and give out the game?
    Does it matter how early you preorder?
    Basically is it first come first served at midnight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

"Any boardsies order will go out on first run"

Just ordered on Gamesnash with express postage, and added my boards user name in the order comments. I look forward to coming home on release day to find a package in the front hall :pac:

"Any boardsies order will go out on first run"

Just ordered on Gamesnash with express postage, and added my boards user name in the order comments. I look forward to coming home on release day to find a package in the front hall :pac:

If you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM with the order number I can make sure this is done for you. Sometimes the comments may not be noticed / read until the game is being picked which by then would be too late to get priority picking. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

If you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM with the order number I can make sure this is done for you. Sometimes the comments may not be noticed / read until the game is being picked which by then would be too late to get priority picking. :pac:

Done, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well i pre ordered it in gamestop for ps3.......i sold my ps3 2 years ago :D trying to sell the 360 with the intention of having a ps3 for this now as all my irl friends are on ps3 haha

Advertisement