Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Ev84 wrote: »
    18 GB!

Only if you're installing the PSN version!

It's 8Gb mandatory for the disc versions on BOTH consoles - the Xbox will also you afford you the chance to install the other disc as well (which will probably be pushing nearly 8Gb again).

If you do it that way with the Xbox, the console is so, so much quieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not as strong willed as you i'm afraid. I've watched em all lol. not mission ones though, only gameplay. they just made me want to play it more TBH. will you delete the video from your reply to me plz? don't want to ruin it for others too.

Done a few posts back...

Now tomorrow, car NCT at 3 and hanging out waiting til 12, of course I'll check Tesco at 6 in case they decide to break street date... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭dohboy

Will I have to pre-order to get one in HMV tomorrow night any one know? Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Do I live in a parallel world or something? I keep reading how unbearably loud Xboxes are but the new one I got last year is quiet as f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

new models are quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭dohboy

Do I live in a parallel world or something? I keep reading how unbearably loud Xboxes are but the new one I got last year is quiet as f**k.

Mine's like a jet engine but it's about 7 years old tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I've my copy bought and paid in full in Gamestop in the parkway in Limerick. Should I go the launch around 11.15-11.30 or just saunter up at around 12 since my copy is secure?

yeah your copy is secure, tbh I'm going in way after 12, you're only standing in a queue for ages otherwise, give it til 12.30 or after and it'll have died down a bit

People don't seem to install games and run them from disc still!

My cousin has an Elite that sounds like a 747 getting ready for take off if the game is running from disc, but once it's installed you can barely hear the thing.

I genuinely went to bed one night with my 360 S still turned on running a game as I had turned off the TV, made a cuppa, forgot to shut the console off and honestly couldn't hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Does anyone know what time Gamestop (Clarehall) will actually close at tomorrow/Tuesday? I'm not really in the mood of going over and waiting until midnight, but I want to get it before Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

David64 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time Gamestop (Clarehall) will actually close at tomorrow/Tuesday? I'm not really in the mood of going over and waiting until midnight, but I want to get it before Tuesday morning.

Aiming to be closed by one o'clock I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

They don't have a strict time as far as I remember.

My missus used to work in HMV. Themselves and Game in the shopping centre used to ring each other to see if they were good to close, they'll stay open if there's still a queue, but as soon as it dies down, they shut up shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

People don't seem to install games and run them from disc still!

My cousin has an Elite that sounds like a 747 getting ready for take off if the game is running from disc, but once it's installed you can barely hear the thing.

I genuinely went to bed one night with my 360 S still turned on running a game as I had turned off the TV, made a cuppa, forgot to shut the console off and honestly couldn't hear it!

I still have an elite. Sounds like a moped lol. It's grand after a game install though, just spins the game for a sec to verify it, then stops. some games are worse than others. fifa's always very loud in my xbox.

GTA 5 would probably annihilate it completely leaving me picking bits of xbox out of my face for a full week... at least it has a 120GB hard drive.

I still have an elite. Sounds like a moped lol. It's grand after a game install though, just spins the game for a sec to verify it, then stops. some games are worse than others. fifa's always very loud in my xbox.

GTA 5 would probably annihilate it completely leaving me picking bits of xbox out of my face for a full week... at least it has a 120GB hard drive.

You should hear the older Fifas on my PS3, the laser seeking data makes it sound like a printer!

Really hope the next gen of consoles are quieter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Haven't pre-ordered any where.... popped into Tesco in Coonagh to get GTA 4 for it's midnight launch. I think they close at midnight now, do they?

Might look at going to HMV in the Crescent or Xtra-Vision in the Parkway. Haven't pre-ordered it anywhere. There are a load of HMV & Xtra-visions opening for midnight and early morning (8AM). I doubt they'd open that late/early unless they have an absolute truckload of copies. Not worried about them selling out, but I hope to avoid queuing for ages to get one.

Not sure what demand will be like for it. For GTA4, Tesco was fairly quiet. Only about 10 people or so, randomly standing around the games section at 11.55, hoping for something to happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

srm23 wrote: »
    just realised ive only a 4gb xbox slim!
    I was told maybe could use a usb for the install,
    if I do would I need to leave it in every time I play?

would be shocking if I hadn't realised this when I got the
    game next week!

Since no one seems to have answered you yet

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50871/asked-answered-gtav.html
    This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete.

Yes you will need to leave it attached so it can read the game files, otherwise it will act as though you do not have it installed. The reason for this is that the Xbox360 version is split across 2x Dual Layer DVD's (DVD DL - 8.54GB Capacity) And both Discs cannot be in your Xbox simultaneously.

There should be at least 1 USB Port on the back of your console, Im sure it will be safe there if left plugged in

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kev8t6

I pre-ordered from Xtra-vision and I'm gonna go collect it midnight release. I'm just wondering if you ring up earlier on and ask can you collect earlier then midnight would they allow that or are they very strict on the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FireTrance

Seems in the comments of this post on facebook, a Tesco customer care member confirmed some of their stores will be selling it at midnight, hopefully Tesco Clarehall or Blanch. They still haven't mentioned a price yet so hopefully that means they are going to do a discount.

Link

kev8t6 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from Xtra-vision and I'm gonna go collect it midnight release. I'm just wondering if you ring up earlier on and ask can you collect earlier then midnight would they allow that or are they very strict on the time?

They're effectively breaking street date, so no chance.

Also, could you imagine the riot that would be caused by you walking in and picking it up, and a crowd being told "ye have to wait"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

My order just about to be disapatched from Amazon.

Probably won't have it till Wed or Thurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

welkin wrote: »
    My order just about to be disapatched from Amazon.

Probably won't have it till Wed or Thurs

I don't think I could wait until Thursday to get it if all fo my mates had it beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Updated my order last night to go to parcel motel for first time. I hope no cock ups ensue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Guys I am selling my pre order for what i paid for it.. Gamestop have just p*ssed me off with the price there charging (60) so therefore im selling it to someone who needs a pre order. I hope this helps someone out .

Please see the add here

http://www.adverts.ie/games/pre-order-for-gtav/3780984

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Fair play Little Pea for not trying to cash in on the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Pre Ordered with Amazon.

Wont get it tomorrow, should have it Wednesday / Thursday which suits me. Cant play until weekend anyway.

Got it for €42.78 delivered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Have mine waiting for me in my Parcel Motel collection point - got the text this morning!! Stuck in work till 16:30 though...gonna be a long day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

guttenberg wrote: »
    Fair play Little Pea for not trying to cash in on the game!

Hopefully someone takes it off my hands I really dont want to give Gamestop another penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

IS there a list of which Gamestop stores open at midnight? Or does anyone know if Gorey does or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

R.F. wrote: »
    IS there a list of which Gamestop stores open at midnight? Or does anyone know if Gorey does or not?

http://www.gamestop.ie/gtavmidnight

Gorey is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

R.F. wrote: »

I think they are all opening except one in Galway as it is in a shopping centre and they won't open the whole place just for GameStop.

Advertisement